Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Can Parents Blame Us For What Happens Over The Weekend!?!?
permanentvacation 09:23 AM 02-07-2012
My daycare baby - little over 1 yr. old. - NEVER has diaper rash throughout the week - you know all week long while I'm taking care of her at daycare. However, a few Monday mornings, she has come in with a bit of diaper rash - FROM THE WEEKEND - while she was home with her PARENTS! Yesterday, the mother kept her home and today when she came in, she told me that the reason she kept her home was because her diaper rash that she started with LATE FRIDAY NIGHT was so bad all weekend and Monday that she kept her home. Then she proceeded to tell ME not to give her juice and basically blamed me for her diaper rash! UMMMM...... The child is fine here all week then gets diaper rashes only on the weekend. Hmmmm... who's care or lack thereof do you think she's getting the diaper rashes from?

I just don't understand how in the world parents think they can blame us for what happens over the weekend!?!?!
daycare 09:27 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
My daycare baby - little over 1 yr. old. - NEVER has diaper rash throughout the week - you know all week long while I'm taking care of her at daycare. However, a few Monday mornings, she has come in with a bit of diaper rash - FROM THE WEEKEND - while she was home with her PARENTS! Yesterday, the mother kept her home and today when she came in, she told me that the reason she kept her home was because her diaper rash that she started with LATE FRIDAY NIGHT was so bad all weekend and Monday that she kept her home. Then she proceeded to tell ME not to give her juice and basically blamed me for her diaper rash! UMMMM...... The child is fine here all week then gets diaper rashes only on the weekend. Hmmmm... who's care or lack thereof do you think she's getting the diaper rashes from?

I just don't understand how in the world parents think they can blame us for what happens over the weekend!?!?!
I feel for you. Nothing is worse than being blamed for things that don't happen while in your care. I have had to deal with a family that faulted me for everything.

The kid won't behave, my fault
The kid won't go to bed DC fault
The kid won't eat his food at home, DC fault

UGH... I got sick of it and finally gave the parent the boot....My final words were that you also need to participate in parenting your child, don't expect me to do it for you.
Cat Herder 09:34 AM 02-07-2012
Oh...wow...

They must have left this out of your registration packet. It should have come with your certificate...
Attached: blame_token.jpg (34.6 KB) 
TBird 09:52 AM 02-07-2012
Feel for ya!!! That's why if I see even a SHADOW at the first diaper change of the day, I am on the phone with a parent. Little Johnny DID NOT get that from Here!!!
countrymom 11:56 AM 02-07-2012
I like when they don't tell you and you open the diaper to a bumm full of ointment. Hmm now I know I didn't send them home like that.
BBDC 12:17 PM 02-07-2012
I have a child that comes alot of times on monday with a diaper rash. I work on it during the week and by friday its better but guess what Monday its right back to being red! come on use some cream or try and potty train him if your not.(he is almost 3)
MissK 02:13 PM 02-07-2012
Reading through all of these posts I feel so bad for you guys a lot of the time! lol

I never blame things on my daycare. I am 100% confident with leaving him there and I know that they would never intentially do anything that would cause him discomfort. I may discuss it with my provider if maybe they have any ideas as to why little johnny keeps getting this rash or something of the sort, but even if there was a certain juice they were giving him or something that was causing it I would never blame it on my provider. We would both come to the realization that maybe we should try a different juice (just an example...).

Sorry she made you feel like it was your fault I would think that a parent would be considerate enough to communicate about any problem that they're having with their child and work with their provider for a solution...guess this mom just thinks you're pumping her full of acidic juice
Cat Herder 02:40 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
Sorry she made you feel like it was your fault I would think that a parent would be considerate enough to communicate about any problem that they're having with their child and work with their provider for a solution...guess this mom just thinks you're pumping her full of acidic juice
Sometimes they just had a bad day and we are the only one they could vent on.... It is not always about an actual problem.

My DH used to be that guy for me at the end of a bad day (this forum helped stop that)...

Many times they will also apologize and say it was just a bad day...

I think sometimes they simply forget our world is much smaller than theirs... One tiny comment can stay with us all day.

They may have said 500 things to many co-workers...and not even remember having said anything. To them it may have been a simple comment.

We only see 4 adults a day, average. Those few words mean more to us, IYKWIM....
cheerfuldom 04:24 PM 02-07-2012
good point Cath. Also, sometimes people are trying to mention things and just don't have the people skills to have it come across in a good way. Just try not to take these comments personally. I would just agree to no juice and then start our day. No biggie. Sometimes it is hard to just let it go because you don't want them to think you are agreeing that it is your fault. BUT you also want to choose your battles and not get into confrontations with parents about every little thing.
saved4always 06:48 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
Reading through all of these posts I feel so bad for you guys a lot of the time! lol

I never blame things on my daycare. I am 100% confident with leaving him there and I know that they would never intentially do anything that would cause him discomfort. I may discuss it with my provider if maybe they have any ideas as to why little johnny keeps getting this rash or something of the sort, but even if there was a certain juice they were giving him or something that was causing it I would never blame it on my provider. We would both come to the realization that maybe we should try a different juice (just an example...).

It is awesome for both you and your provider that you feel confident in the care your child is getting. This is exactly how my parents work with me. We work together to figure out things going on with their children. Whether it is a troublesome behavior or not eating breakfast, we talk (or text ) about it. It is all about doing what is best for the kids.
Tags:blame game
Reply Up