Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Out Of Milk
SilverSabre25 12:49 PM 01-23-2012
I am currently feeding my dcbaby his 4th and last bottle of milk with at least 1 hr 15 minutes, more likely 2+ hours until he gets picked up...wwyd?

(I should say that 4 bottles have always been MORE than enough for him before and there is nothing different about this day...except he ate more than usual)
SilverSabre25 12:51 PM 01-23-2012
I should also add that he might end up sleeping for a good portion of the time he left here today but I'm not sure if I can count on that
Cat Herder 01:04 PM 01-23-2012
As of tomorrow, I'd start requiring 5 bottles.

If it is breastmilk...keep a couple frozen as back-up.

Accidents do (and will) happen....
bice99 01:05 PM 01-23-2012
Yes, if breastmilk, have several in your freezer and swap them every month so they don't go bad.
Blackcat31 01:08 PM 01-23-2012
I would definitely require some back up to be left just in case and as DC providers we are all fully aware of how many times "just in case" actually happens....
MNMum 01:13 PM 01-23-2012
If there is not a back up frozen source, then the parents have to be okay with formula, or be willing to pick up early if we run out of breastmilk. As a breastmilk only mother, I would have insured there was plenty there. If my baby ran out, I would be more than willing to get baby earlier if needed. Sounds like you may be okay for today though...
Solandia 06:26 PM 01-23-2012
I always required at minimum a half day's worth of frozen or a can of formula for backup. I must have something here to feed baby, coming to get baby isnt a valid backup plan. Almost all my clients work a 30min+ drive from here, and that isn't allowing time to wrap up things at work. Not to mention horrible weather...just Friday my dh's drive time was 2hrs instead of 50min due to weather. Extra food for baby here, no exceptions.
Crazy8 06:41 PM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by Solandia:
I always required at minimum a half day's worth of frozen or a can of formula for backup. I must have something here to feed baby, coming to get baby isnt a valid backup plan. Almost all my clients work a 30min+ drive from here, and that isn't allowing time to wrap up things at work. Not to mention horrible weather...just Friday my dh's drive time was 2hrs instead of 50min due to weather. Extra food for baby here, no exceptions.
same here - I have always required backup formula/breastmilk to be left here. You just never know when an emergency will keep mom from getting to you.
Meyou 02:49 AM 01-24-2012
I keep backup breastmilk in my freezer too. You just never know. My 8 month old normally has 3-4 bottles per day but yesterday she had 5.5 before Mama came to get her. She was just a hungry monkey.
shanrocks888 05:59 AM 01-24-2012
Yes, it's ok. It's not great, but it's ok. Remember that they are supposed to be off baby milk altogether at 12 months. It's already Sunday night, so it's only about 24 hours you're talking about. I would use whole milk, though
renodeb 09:17 AM 01-24-2012
I would definaetly ask that they pack an extra bottle. I hate the feeling that theres not enough.
Debbie
AmyLeigh 11:11 AM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by shanrocks888:
Yes, it's ok. It's not great, but it's ok. Remember that they are supposed to be off baby milk altogether at 12 months. It's already Sunday night, so it's only about 24 hours you're talking about. I would use whole milk, though

They are not "supposed" to be off breast milk altogether at 12 months. That is up to the parents to decide. Cow's milk is not recommended for under 12 months. When I was bf'ing dd, I made sure her providers not only had enough ebm, but also a can of formula, just in case.
SilverSabre25 11:20 AM 01-24-2012
This was yesterday (Monday) afternoon and the baby is 5 months old...
SilverSabre25 11:22 AM 01-24-2012
Thank you everyone! I was mostly asking because I wasn't sure if it was a "call the mom NOW!" kind of thing.

I have asked repeatedly for them to bring me 8 oz of frozen milk to keep in my freezer and they haven't yet...guess I need to push harder. 8 oz would be half a day's supply. For now anyway

Oh, and guess whose little brother this is...hint...I posted about her earlier today...
Michael 01:37 PM 01-24-2012
This post is suspect. It originated from India. Spammers will even go to another thread and copy trying to get member status.

If shanrocks888 wants to comment I'll reconsider your status.
SilverSabre25 01:47 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
This post is suspect. It originated from India. Spammers will even go to another thread and copy trying to get member status.

If shanrocks888 wants to comment I'll reconsider your status.
Thank you, michael, I thought that sounded awfully strange...
Tags:bottles, supplies
Reply Up