Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Or...
youretooloud 01:51 PM 12-05-2011
You could bring over the extra clothes I keep asking you for.

OR...

You could bring back the ones I've sent her home wearing in the past, then I wont be so hesitant to let her wear our stuff home.... EXCEPT THAT THERE'S NOTHING LEFT HERE, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL AT YOUR HOUSE.

Why can't some parents just pack extra clothes for potty training kids? Why am I clearly expected to either wash the ones she wore over, or supply an unlimited stash of extra clothes?
bice99 02:01 PM 12-05-2011
No extra clothes, no care!
Zoe 02:03 PM 12-05-2011
I'm having a similar problem. No extra clothes, and no snowpants, which means the kid is going bare bottomed for 20 minutes while her pants dry from being outside. Not completely bare, mind you, but a diapered tushie.

And of course two minutes into being outside in the lovely snow, the kid with no snow mittens (just those darn thin fabric ones) is complaining about her hands being cold. Grrr!

I forsee a trip to Target in my near future just so the kids can enjoy themselves!
AnneCordelia 02:07 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by bice99:
Especially for potty trainers!!

That poor kid. Probably embarrassed already that they had an accident and now their parents have put them in the uncomfortable position of having nothing to wear.
MarinaVanessa 04:07 PM 12-05-2011
Originally Posted by bice99:
Or just send them home in diapers ... "Sorry Mary, little Suzie has no extra clothes here as I've mentioned to you numerous times and you have managed to keep all of my spare clothes also so I had absolutely nothing for her to change into." ... it has happened to me before, however it was in the middle of summer and doing this to "little Suzie" in wintertime doesn't seem nice.
JenNJ 05:03 PM 12-05-2011
I would call them when she has no clothes. "Hey X. Suzie has no clothes for today. I need you to bring a spare set now or come pick her up. I can't have her running around naked."
busymommy0420 05:15 PM 12-05-2011
Wow that reminds me...I sent a friend home in brand new 3T pink pants. (My daughters are in 2T so they were never worn) and they never came back. Aggghh! This is from the same child who wears no coat when it is 40 degrees and has yet to have gloves or a hat. I have sent numerous updates, personally asked for clothes and gear and put it in the newsletter twice!
SandeeAR 05:28 PM 12-05-2011
Try texting/calling every morning at 6 am....I just wanted to make sure you remembered 'Suzies' extra clothes today. Otherwise I will just have to send you home to get them. After not getting in that day, they will go home get them and remember from then on.
youretooloud 07:46 PM 12-05-2011
I sent her home in a boy's 18 month size sweat pants, and a pullup. It was literally all I had.

BUT, I still have the pants she wet today, they're in my dryer. LOL So, I have extras, and if mom wants these back, she better send back my extras.
Michelle 08:01 PM 12-05-2011
One time I sent a boy home in a pair of pink flowery pants, it really was all I had, I already lost all my daughters unisex soccer shorts to him and she just laughed, it didn't bother her at all.
Nellie 08:35 PM 12-05-2011
I finally had one of my little guys come with all the winter gear today. She picked him up one day a month ago and he was in one of our spare jackets. The coat never came back and he continued coming in a light fall coat. She came one day last week when we were out and tried taking him home in my childs coat, boots, snowpants, and hat. My kid was wearing way to big extra winter gear, but he was alittle bigger than the other child. I put a big NO to that. Told her that it was my childs new winter gear and it was not going home with her. She could bring him home in the light fall coat and blanket that he came in. This week he had everything to go play in the snow. I did notice that he had all that in his bag and no spare clothes.
Childminder 08:52 PM 12-05-2011
I have often sent children home in the opposite sexes clothing on purpose to try and get the message across. Most of the time it does work. I have spares here for both boys and girls. Just today I sent a boy in pink socks, diaper, his spare pants and a pajama shirt that was too small. He had an accident in the bathroom and all he had for spares were pants. He had a fit putting on the diaper and I'm sure mom heard from him.
Meyou 04:26 AM 12-06-2011
I don't keep spare clothes anymore and it's stopped almost all of the "forgetting". What they have in their bins or in their bag is IT. The odd time we have an accident or a spill with no extra clothes I call the parents and tell them that there are no spares so their child is going to miss outside time this afternoon because they are wearing my 8 year old DD's pajamas while I wash what they have on. I haven't had a repeat "forgetter" since I started this last spring.

I keep extra snowpants and jackets but don't advertise that fact. They are only for MY benefit because sometimes we want to go out again and all the snowpants/mitts are still wet from the last time. So I have kept extras of my children's outside gear over the years to have a set for the DCK's.
Lianne 04:39 AM 12-06-2011
I use a permanent marker and write my name all over my spare clothing as big as I can. There's no mistaking it's mine. I also keep the kids' soiled clothing here, wash it and use it as their spares for next time. I have one little guy thats never dressed appropriately and I stopped fighting the parents on this. I keep a couple outfits here for him and change him back to his own clothes before he goes home.
MarinaVanessa 07:03 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I use a permanent marker and write my name all over my spare clothing as big as I can. There's no mistaking it's mine. I also keep the kids' soiled clothing here, wash it and use it as their spares for next time.
Me too. Except instead of my name I write DAYCARE down the sleeve, down the pant leg or across the bottom of the shirt. I just recently began writing LOANER. I also do the same as Lianne and change the dirty child into their spare clothes and send them home in that then wash the dirty stuff here and put it back into their cubby. If I were to send it home to be washed I'd have no extra clothes.
cheerfuldom 09:21 AM 12-06-2011
check the bag before letting the child stay.
caring4kidsinSD 11:17 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
One time I sent a boy home in a pair of pink flowery pants, it really was all I had, I already lost all my daughters unisex soccer shorts to him and she just laughed, it didn't bother her at all.
I do this as well as then maybe they'll get a clue! Sometimes I even send them home in pants that are way too small hoping to trigger mom to bring more the next day.

I have no kids of my own so i don't have many extras just laying around
Tags:clothing - issues, potty training, potty training advice
Reply Up