Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Volunteers/Helpers/Substitutes CA
blessed mom 08:10 PM 04-13-2011
Is there any requirements for substitutes in CA for daycare providers? I've tried looking online...but I am either missing it or it's just not there.

For example if I needed to step away from the home for a dr appt that had to be during business hours could my husband stay with the kids? Could my mother in law who is a 5th grade teacher? Are there any regulated requirements?
daycare 08:21 PM 04-13-2011
In order for you to leave the kids with someone they must have ALL of the same requirements as the provider.
They must Also be added to your lic.
I live in CA and can't find anyone I trust to help fill in.
Since my husband is a fire medic he qualifies so he can stay with them. But you can only be absent from the DC for 20% of the hours that you are open. So about 2.5 hours. Btw I do trust my husband he is just never home
blessed mom 08:27 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
In order for you to leave the kids with someone they must have ALL of the same requirements as the provider.
They must Also be added to your lic.
I live in CA and can't find anyone I trust to help fill in.
Since my husband is a fire medic he qualifies so he can stay with them. But you can only be absent from the DC for 20% of the hours that you are open. So about 2.5 hours. Btw I do trust my husband he is just never home
Soo...they need to go to the orientation meeting...fingerprints...tb test...cpr??? What about the classes? Do they have to take early childhood classes?
daycare 08:30 PM 04-13-2011
No. They don have to go to the orientation. The must have
Finger prints back ground clear., net TB test 90 days before starting. Must have infant first aid CPR and first aid. Not regular first aid cPr
That's it.
I am not sure if things differ by county so to be safe I would check with licensing.
daycare 08:33 PM 04-13-2011
Sorry forgot to add the requirements I gave are if you want to leave he kids alone with them. If you just want a helper then they only need the tb test 90 days before starting and finger print background check. They won't need the CPR first aid.
blessed mom 08:38 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
No. They don have to go to the orientation. The must have
Finger prints back ground clear., net TB test 90 days before starting. Must have infant first aid CPR and first aid. Not regular first aid cPr
That's it.
I am not sure if things differ by county so to be safe I would check with licensing.
Ok...that is totally do-able if they don't need the classes. I'm thinking about my hubby who needs to do the tb test and fingerprinting anyway because he lives here. So...he'd just need the infant cpr and first aid. Cool deal! I will check with licensing tho when I get to that point...still waiting on the orientation.
Tags:assistant, california, substitute
Reply Up