Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Provider Terminated My Child And Is Charging Me For Not Returning
aer523235 07:31 PM 01-14-2011
My daughter goes to an in-home daycare, and the woman who runs it has a son her age. My daughter got sick one day when she was at the daycare (vomit and diarrhea - no fever) and I came to pick her up. (Keep in mind my daughter doesn't go to the daycare sick. If she's sick, I keep her home and take a sick day until she is better.. Im not a mom that drops my child off knowing shes sick, then waits for a phone call to come get the child. She hasnt had to call me once yet to say my daughter had a fever or was sick - so this isnt an on-going problem and I have always paid in full on time!) So anyway, that same day, 2 or 3 hours later 2 other girls had to leave because of a high temp and ended up being sick as well. Her son ended up with a fever, vomiting and diarrhea then had to go to the ER to push fluids in him. She sent me a picture and said, "I dont know how I feel about this... your daughters last day is at the end of this week and if I want to leave earlier then to let her know and she will pack her things...Giving me less than one weeks notice through a text. I had already paid her for that week (which hadnt started yet, since this was on a Sat), so I told her since she's blaming my daughter for her sons illness, I wont be returning and I will cancel the check for the week that hadn't started yet. The contract I signed says that if a parent/guardian wants to remove the child from her daycare they must give 2 weeks written notice and those two weeks are to be paid in full. But I told her she terminated my daughter for a ridiculous reason, blamed my daughter for having IV's in her son, I wasn't GIVEN two weeks to write a letter notifying her that we wont be returning and therefore her contract is VOID. I didn't bring my daughter there on monday, I cancelled the check that was written on friday for the following week (the week that I didn't bring my daughter back). I felt if shes terminating me, why pay her to watch my daughter when she blames her (a little 21 month old) for causing her son to be admitted to the ER. Does anyone know if I have to pay her? She said if I pay her the full amount for the one week that she gave me as a courtesy to search for another provider, plus the charges for a cancelled check she wont take me to court. If I don't pay by XX date, the charges will go up to the full 2 weeks pay plus the $15.00 cancelled payment fee and we will go to court. Can someone please help me? She terminated me, and I didn't choose to pull my daughter from there, I just chose to leave earlier then her termination date. She doesnt have anything in the contract about her rules/regulations when the provider terminates service, so I don't know what I should do. I Someone please HELP! Thanks!!!
Tags:terminate, termination, void contract
Up