Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Q about Garnishments, Ohio
wonderfullisa 03:29 AM 10-11-2016
I had a family that I took to Small Claims Court and won. I'm ready to file a garnishment, but haven't figured out if I need to do one for wages or a bank account.
I, naively, was thinking that since the court knows who she is, they would know where to send a bank garnishment. The more I look, the less sure I am of this.
Is anyone familiar with this? My husband always laughs at my search skills. I should put him on this job, but I only seem to remember when he's already at work or still asleep.
Should I keep searching for this answer, or just take the wage garnishment? I liked the idea of having it over with.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by wonderfullisa:
I had a family that I took to Small Claims Court and won. I'm ready to file a garnishment, but haven't figured out if I need to do one for wages or a bank account.
I, naively, was thinking that since the court knows who she is, they would know where to send a bank garnishment. The more I look, the less sure I am of this.
Is anyone familiar with this? My husband always laughs at my search skills. I should put him on this job, but I only seem to remember when he's already at work or still asleep.
Should I keep searching for this answer, or just take the wage garnishment? I liked the idea of having it over with.
There is a section in this link that explains exactly how to collect your judgement. It says the court will help you collect and who to contact for help.

http://www.ohiojudges.org/Document.a...f-845072444576
Reply Up