Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Do You Ask

where parents went over the weekend? I feel like it is not my business where or what people do over the weekends and making sure they are "social distancing". I think all my families are taking it serious enough and are careful and I think that 3 of my kids 5 and under wear masks when out. I am part of a facebook page with providers in my state and they all seem to ask and want to be sure parents are abiding by rules and even terming kids if they feel their parents are not. So I was just curious. I had a mom traveling out of country for leisure and I did tell her upon returning that her child could not return until after her 14 day quaratine since she would be there. So just curious how other handle this as cases keep rising.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

The apps now have surveys the parents answer upon sign-in. I don't believe they will tell us the truth. Be vigilant in your screening.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

We have a series of questions as well along with temp checks before entering, I agree about being sure and I think all of my parents are being cautious except one but I'm not even sure other than traveling right now for vacation I don't think was wise but glad her child will not come for a couple weeks to be sure.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Have your contract state if you find out they have lied about their whereabouts or disclose it you can term them because while it is their business to get themselves exposed they can't bring it to your business. You can find out from a child if they disclose it-they either just tell you or you can ask what they did over the weekend or of they know what they will be doing. Better before to have that convo.

I should get better but I also just opened and only have a couple of kids. I dont want to lose my only clients (yet also dont want covid or spread it..) and I have always struggled with confrontation.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Lover of all things B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
The apps now have surveys the parents answer upon sign-in. I don't believe they will tell us the truth. Be vigilant in your screening.
What apps?

Tags
covid-19, covid-19 - precautions, covid-19 - procedures, covid-19 and daycare