Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I got the GRANT.. and bought new cribs... YAY
Texasjeepgirl 05:42 PM 09-25-2012
Several weeks ago I recieved an email regarding a grant that was available to apply for.. Specifically ONLY for the purchase of cribs and mattresses..
I did my online shopping... found the crib I wanted..metal .. portable crib.... applied for the grant ..
I was awarded 70% of what I applied for..
I went ahead and bought all 3 cribs that I had requested.. and paid the extra $100 out of my own pocket...

YAY!!!!!!!

This is the crib I purchased...

http://www.strictlyforkids.net/The-O...iday-Crib-1861

www.tammyschildcare.com

www.texasjeepgirl.shutterfly.com

daycare 06:23 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Texasjeepgirl:
Several weeks ago I recieved an email regarding a grant that was available to apply for.. Specifically ONLY for the purchase of cribs and mattresses..
I did my online shopping... found the crib I wanted..metal .. portable crib.... applied for the grant ..
I was awarded 70% of what I applied for..
I went ahead and bought all 3 cribs that I had requested.. and paid the extra $100 out of my own pocket...

YAY!!!!!!!

This is the crib I purchased...

http://www.strictlyforkids.net/The-O...iday-Crib-1861

www.tammyschildcare.com

www.texasjeepgirl.shutterfly.com
lol sorry if this comes out wrong, but it looks like little mini prison bars... GUess its been a really really long time since I saw a baby crib.

Congrats on your grant that is awesome!!!
Texasjeepgirl 06:29 PM 09-25-2012
I don't disagree on that...
they kind of do..
But I just really didn't want the wooden style..
I wanted something that was going to be durable...and last for years...
No offense taken though..
Hey... isn't daycare LIKE PRISON? ... lol.. just kidding...sometimes when those precious angels don't want to nap.. I'm sure that's what their tiny minds are thinking...

daycare 06:35 PM 09-25-2012
I don't disagree on that...
they kind of do..
But I just really didn't want the wooden style..
I wanted something that was going to be durable...and last for years...
No offense taken though..
Hey... isn't daycare LIKE PRISON? ... lol.. just kidding...sometimes when those precious angels don't want to nap.. I'm sure that's what their tiny minds are thinking...
lol...too funny..

I will say that they look really safe and could even contain the best escape artist.

I wish I could qualify for a grant...I apply all the time, never get them....
DCMama 06:39 PM 09-25-2012
lucky, I wish I find a good grant like that.
Texasjeepgirl 06:44 PM 09-25-2012
I don't actually find these grants.. the info is sent to me from Workforce Texoma.. which is the childcare assistance program for my area...
They send me a notification..with the rules and guidelines to apply..
Then I do it..
But..
I will say...I went through a program with them a few years ago to become a TEXAS RISING STAR provider...and the fact that I am that gives me first consideration when I do apply for the grants..

daycare 06:50 PM 09-25-2012
I don't actually find these grants.. the info is sent to me from Workforce Texoma.. which is the childcare assistance program for my area...
They send me a notification..with the rules and guidelines to apply..
Then I do it..
But..
I will say...I went through a program with them a few years ago to become a TEXAS RISING STAR provider...and the fact that I am that gives me first consideration when I do apply for the grants..
smart girl and what a great job.... BTW love your website... very nicely done. I am in the process of changing mine right now and hoping to have it all done by the end of next month, but we shall see......

I am in shcool now (thats why im online still...lol) and will have to go back to classes in the class room come winter. I want to finally have my full degree in early child education. We will see. I hope that I did not bite off more than I can chew...
Reply Up