Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Would You Charge?
JeepGirl6 11:54 AM 11-29-2013
What would you charge for a family needing child care only on Thursdays for a 5 month old boy 7:30:4:45 and only needed from January until the middle of April?

I have a child that comes 4 days a week & the day off is flexible so Im going to have that family change the day off to Thursdays so the new child will be a fill in for the other child's missing day.
craftymissbeth 12:27 PM 11-29-2013
Honestly I would never take an infant (or probably any child) so part time. If I absolutely had to then I would charge my "drop in" rate:

Full time daily = $20
Part time daily = $25
Drop in day = $35

(I charge significantly higher for this because there is a usually a tremendously higher amount of work for kids that are only with you one day a week. It's fairly difficult for them to adjust. Not all kids are like that, obviously though.
daycarediva 12:30 PM 11-29-2013
IF I took infants, (it would be a BIG if with a very PT infant), I would charge my drop in rate of $50/day.
MamaBearCanada 01:10 PM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
IF I took infants, (it would be a BIG if with a very PT infant), I would charge my drop in rate of $50/day.
this.
cheerfuldom 03:02 PM 11-29-2013
I would not take a one day a week infant, period. Honestly, someone would have to pay me at least double my daily rate to even consider it. Part time infants are the hardest kids to care for and it is not worth it at all to me.
Great Beginnings 04:05 PM 11-29-2013
What do you charge for a full time week? Does your family of 4 days pay daily or for a full week?

I charge $125 a week so I would charge $30 for the one day.
e.j. 04:59 PM 11-29-2013
I charge $5 an hour so I'd charge 46.25 for the day. I wouldn't mind watching an infant one day a week, especially on a temporary basis. You never know...he may be a very easy going baby. Even if it were the most difficult baby to care for, I would tell myself that for an extra $740, I can get through anything as long as I know there is an end date.
Patches 05:40 PM 11-29-2013
I was also thinking drop in rate. Mine is $40
MarinaVanessa 06:57 PM 11-29-2013
I would do my drop in rate. Mine is $45.
Lucy 08:44 PM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
What would you charge for a family needing child care only on Thursdays for a 5 month old boy 7:30:4:45 and only needed from January until the middle of April?

I have a child that comes 4 days a week & the day off is flexible so Im going to have that family change the day off to Thursdays so the new child will be a fill in for the other child's missing day.
I would take what I normally charge for this age child if he were fulltime, and multiply by 1.5 -- maybe even 1.75

So for me, that would end up to be $38-$44
TwinKristi 01:29 PM 11-30-2013
I would charge my drop-in rate of $10/hr.
spinnymarie 07:02 AM 12-02-2013
Honestly, I'd totally do it because he fits so nicely in your schedule that one difficult day would be worth it to me.
I don't have a drop-in rate, but I'd make one and charge it.
PT is $45/day for an infant, so I'd charge $50 - $55.
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 12-02-2013
I charge one flat weekly rate for anyone under age 2.

Space for children that age are REALLY limited in my area so it wouldn't be worth my time to take a child for one day a week if I charged daily.

Also the stress of trying to fit another child around a part time child's space is also difficult at times so I just charge on flat weekly rate.

Parents can use all 5 days or just the days they need. Either way, the rate is the same.
Tags:rates - by age, rates - drop-in, rates - part time
Reply Up