Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Pocketbook and Brain are Fighting...
Sunchimes 12:33 PM 05-12-2016
I only have 3 spaces. Two are filled with great kids and amazing, wonderful, best-daycare-parents-ever!!!! We are making it financially. Making it, not much left over each week, but we are doing ok.

I have someone wanting to interview for the space tomorrow. The age of the child would fit with my others, not perfect, but easily workable. My pocketbook is screaming "Clean house, think of ways to impress her, get this kid!" while my Oh, My Life Is So Perfect Right Now brain is telling me that I don't want to add a probably less than perfect new family, a 1 year old to mix with my 2 year olds, and all the other hassles of a new family.

Right now, my kids are days apart in age, with only 2 kids, I can run errands, we can do projects without problems finally, they are great nappers and in perfect synch with waking up, everyone pays and picks up on time, etc.

So, to stop the inner fighting, I'm not going to worry about it. If I like her, fine, if not, it's no big deal. I'm not advertising, she found me on the DFPS site. Take over Fate! ;-) I don't really expect it to work. She has already cancelled with 15 minutes notice (I curled my hair that day!), so she has one flag against her already. ;-)
Thriftylady 12:52 PM 05-12-2016
Eh do the interview, but don't go to any extra trouble. If she cancels again be done with it. I don't do multiple cancellations and I don't do no call no shows, that happens I NEVER reschedule! Meet her and see how it goes!
spud912 02:14 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Eh do the interview, but don't go to any extra trouble. If she cancels again be done with it. I don't do multiple cancellations and I don't do no call no shows, that happens I NEVER reschedule! Meet her and see how it goes!
I agree .
Josiegirl 02:49 PM 05-12-2016
My feeling is if it's meant to work out it will. And if you decide to take them you can always use your 2 week trial period. Who knows, it might work out really well. And you'll enjoy a little extra money.
Or you'll decide it will put a damper in your days and you'll be where you are anyways.
finsup 10:08 AM 05-13-2016
My newest family was kind of like that. I wasn't even sure I really wanted to do the interview because it didn't seem like it would really work out how I wanted it. But, I did it. Figuring I can always say no and I threw out a really high rate (like higher then center based care for this area, no in home charges anything close to it) thinking well, if I'm going to take this on it better be worth it. Turns out, they happily accepted the rate, paid holding fees without question, and it appears like it's going to be great. Even though I was weary of it to start
So,go for it, see what happens, you can always say no! The rescheduling part would be a red flag for me too. Not enough to not do it, but definitely something to consider.
Tags:interview - cancelled
Reply Up