Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Weird Situation
springv 02:58 PM 11-18-2019
About 2 weeks ago, we had a new family start. It was three children (school age, three and two year old) and they had just moved from another state. Mom came in on the first day and filled out the paperwork and told us that one of the children needed special services and how would we be able to accommodate them and we told them to get documentation from their physician so that we could put it in their file for state. She stayed approximately 45 minutes or so and kept asking questions and then went and got the children out of the vehicle because they were sitting in the vehicle with their dad and that she would bring their blankets for nap. After a while, they BOTH came back around 11:30 to bring their things and that was during naptime but nothing was said. Now everyday since they've started, she has called wanting to know if they were there and what time they got there. One day around 4:00pm, the dad showed up in a taxi because their vehicle was tore up and stood in our parking lot with their carseats and and about that time, dhr called and wanted to talk to the dad. Thursday (11-14) they didn't show up (automatically thought they had fled the state because of department of human resources calling so much) and we called and checked on them and the dad claimed they were sick and would be back monday (11-18) The whole thing is fishy to me but would it be right to ask what is going on when the department of human resources calls again? Because obviously no one is telling us anything!!

***** here's an update: the younger kids didn't show up today after we were told they would be back, the older child wasn't at the center this morning to catch the bus but we got told by another child they threw them a going away party at school on Wednesday! Department of human resources contacted us this morning again and we told them they hadn't showed up this morning and what the other child had told us last week and we asked them to please let us know if they would'nt be returning*****
Jo123ABC 11:19 PM 11-18-2019
Huh... Weird. I would call parents and remind that they need to tell you when they will be absent from care if it were me. Then term the contract based on that if they choose to pull a no show again. I wouldn't want to deal with wondering if the positions are filled or not all the time.
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 11-19-2019
I would terminate their contract. It all sounds much too iffy and doesn't sound like they're coming back anyways???
Blackcat31 06:35 AM 11-19-2019
I am guessing your director or someone in that position more than likely knows what's happening. Or has an idea but isn't sharing with the staff.

Confidentiality rules may not allow you as a volunteer to be privy to that information either. Unless it directly affects the care of the child(ren) it isn't always "public knowledge" for all employees/staff.
springv 02:11 PM 11-19-2019
Blackcat31:Our administrator doesn't even know what's going on either because no one is wanting to tell us anything!
Blackcat31 05:55 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Blackcat31:Our administrator doesn't even know what's going on either because no one is wanting to tell us anything!

I know things (as owner) that I pretend I know nothing about when others ask.
I’m bound by certain confidentiality rules
tlemother 07:04 AM 11-21-2019
Sounds like family is trying to stay one step ahead of cps.
Tags:department of human resources
Reply Up