Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't You Love
boysx5 08:26 AM 05-25-2010
when parents think daycare providers should work on holidays since they are off and want to have a day off without their child. I had a parent who I love to death a great family ask if I was off on Monday Memorial Day I was like yes I am its in my contract. She said oh I thought maybe you would want an extra day no I do enough days I don't want any extra's thank you
TGT09 08:35 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by boysx5:
when parents think daycare providers should work on holidays since they are off and want to have a day off without their child. I had a parent who I love to death a great family ask if I was off on Monday Memorial Day I was like yes I am its in my contract. She said oh I thought maybe you would want an extra day no I do enough days I don't want any extra's thank you
HA! I just find this funny! I can't imagine the look on my face if one of my parent's asked me this. Unfortunately, my face reads a little to easy to others so I'd be in trouble.
melskids 09:36 AM 05-25-2010
i had a dcb once on july 4th so mom and dad go relax (get plastered, i'm sure) at a FAMILY picnic....how sad is that!!!!
jen 09:39 AM 05-25-2010
I think I might have responded with:

"Really? I thought that YOU would want an extra day?"
momofboys 09:48 AM 05-25-2010
LOL! My DCM informed me yesterday that her family would not be here next Monday. I replied, that's good, because I am closed! She really should have known, it was in her paperwork since last fall!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 09:57 AM 05-25-2010
I don't think some parents even read the paperwork! It is given to them for a reason, why can't they just read it over and KNOW what they are getting into before hiring a provider :shrugging shoulders:

I have been pretty lucky so far with holidays like Memorial Day...I am open but with my families I have, I haven't had any kids on the holidays and still get paid or they use one of their non-paid days. Gosh I'm praying I won't have to have my new boy on Memorial day, I never did ask if he was coming.
[email protected] 09:58 AM 05-25-2010
lol,. I have them that say that too,... oh we arent going to be here on monday..... me either,.. I say. =-) lol
DBug 11:03 AM 05-25-2010
I have amazing dc parents, but I have to say -- I've made up fridge magnets with my closed dates, I have a HUGE calendar by the door with the closure dates crossed off (with the word "CLOSED" written across them), and I cross the dates off on the sign-in sheet -- but invariably, at least one parent will ask the day before a holiday "So, you're closed tomorrow, right?"
SunflowerMama 12:29 PM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by DBug:
I have amazing dc parents, but I have to say -- I've made up fridge magnets with my closed dates, I have a HUGE calendar by the door with the closure dates crossed off (with the word "CLOSED" written across them), and I cross the dates off on the sign-in sheet -- but invariably, at least one parent will ask the day before a holiday "So, you're closed tomorrow, right?"
Fridge magnets are a great idea!! I'm totally stealing it. Where did you have them made?
originalkat 01:50 PM 05-25-2010
I list the upcoming closures in the newsletter and then I send a note home 3-5 days before the date I am closed just as a reminder.
booroo 01:53 PM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
i had a dcb once on july 4th so mom and dad go relax (get plastered, i'm sure) at a FAMILY picnic....how sad is that!!!!
ummmmm how was it a family picinic if they didn't have their kid!! I would have charge out the nose!!!
Tags:holidays
Reply Up