Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Miralax for Constsipation?
momatheart 02:30 PM 03-10-2011
Does anyone know if Miralax when given to children can cause a lighter poop almost grayish in color? Or a poop to be lighter in color with yet darker color swirled into it?
SandeeAR 02:47 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
Does anyone know if Miralax when given to children can cause a lighter poop almost grayish in color? Or a poop to be lighter in color with yet darker color swirled into it?
I have a dck that uses it some. It has been awhile, but I think it did lighten her poop color.
daysofelijah 05:35 PM 03-10-2011
No, not in my experience. I have to dose my dd (3) with miralax almost weekly. She has poop holding issues. It makes the poo softer, but no change in color that I have noticed.
broncomom1973 08:06 AM 03-11-2011
I give it to my kids when they need it and havent necessarily noticed a change in color from it. There are a ton of things that can change the color though, such as certain fruits and veggies, drinks with dye, viruses, medications.
gbcc 08:26 AM 03-11-2011
It sounds more like a virus. DS uses it and it never changed his color. Only the consistency.
wdmmom 08:45 AM 03-11-2011
My son uses prescription Miralax for chronic constipation and it's never discolored his stools. It tends to make them softer than he likes but color has never been a factor.
Unregistered 09:14 AM 03-11-2011
Depending on what kind of issues the child is having, it's possible. Mine uses Miralax and it's been swirled and different colors from time to time because of the constipation or something he ate. In your case, I would definately request a doctor note on this issue - easily gotten by parents calling doc and leaving message with nursing staff. They can usually provide this via fax same day.
momatheart 08:27 AM 03-12-2011
thank you!
Tags:constipation, poop
Reply Up