Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Today
DCMama 04:08 PM 09-21-2012
Finally have some calls in. Dcm called and it sound so urgent. She want to come right now to check out the place. Hopefully all goes well. Finger crossed. They also using gov funding. This will be my first try at this stuff. Any of you have experiences with parent that have subsidize care?
DaisyMamma 04:51 AM 09-22-2012
I have a family who uses state funding. It just required some paperwork on my part.
Don't take the family on without pay. A promise of state funding doesn't mean it will come through.

I would be concerned with the urgency and needing immediate childcare. Were they kicked out of their previous daycare?
cheerfuldom 10:58 AM 09-22-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I have a family who uses state funding. It just required some paperwork on my part.
Don't take the family on without pay. A promise of state funding doesn't mean it will come through.

I would be concerned with the urgency and needing immediate childcare. Were they kicked out of their previous daycare?
yup, yup, yup

do your homework OP and ask lots of questions! do not provide any services until all funds are in order!
DCMama 11:04 AM 09-22-2012
she say she recently moved so she wants a place closer to her new home. And her 4 year old is in head start right now. I think its a little weird that her 4 year old is only in head starts until 11am and so she need my service after that hour. is that common? I guess I'm going have to do some investigating. I will call the program that she is in and see if they can fully provide pay and if they can't and she can't I guess it's not meant to be. To be honest they seem really like young and didn't ask me any questions beside if I provide transportation. I must admit i'm a little skeptical. hope it all works out.
DaisyMamma 03:47 PM 09-23-2012
Originally Posted by DCMama:
she say she recently moved so she wants a place closer to her new home. And her 4 year old is in head start right now. I think its a little weird that her 4 year old is only in head starts until 11am and so she need my service after that hour. is that common? I guess I'm going have to do some investigating. I will call the program that she is in and see if they can fully provide pay and if they can't and she can't I guess it's not meant to be. To be honest they seem really like young and didn't ask me any questions beside if I provide transportation. I must admit i'm a little skeptical. hope it all works out.
Some parents simply don't care about much and don't ask many questions. They want to know if you have an opening and that's it.
You should look into the funding before you take her on.
Tags:immediate care, interview
Reply Up