Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay!! I Have An Interview!!!
JeepGirl6 07:56 AM 10-11-2013
I finally have an interview. It is this weekend. It is someone that one of my current daycare parents referred me to. It will be for 1 year old twins. My question is the mother only needs me 2-3 days a week. Possibly different days every week but most likely the same she said. She didn't know for sure. Well I would like to charge her for the 3 days no matter whether it is 2 or not since she is taking up that day some weeks. Can you help me word this please? She will have to pay for 3 days whether or not she uses all 3. Thank you!
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 10-11-2013
Congratulations on the interview! Hope it goes great!!

In my contract it says that if they need access to a full time space, then they pay for one.

However, I would consider allowing someone to be a 3 day a week family if they only used 3 days, and would be consider taking a slight rate decrease to have less kids 2 days a week...kwim?

I would say something like since you are unable to fill the space around her varying schedule you are going to charge her $AAA.AA per week. Additional days can be added for $BB.BB per day. However, $AAA.AA will be the minimum rate each week regardless of attendance/absences.

What I would do is set the weekly (3 days) rate you offer her at slightly above your normal daily rate to make up for her not being full full time...

For example, if your normal daily rate is $25 I would charge her $32-33 times 3. Make sense?

CedarCreek 08:20 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I finally have an interview. It is this weekend. It is someone that one of my current daycare parents referred me to. It will be for 1 year old twins. My question is the mother only needs me 2-3 days a week. Possibly different days every week but most likely the same she said. She didn't know for sure. Well I would like to charge her for the 3 days no matter whether it is 2 or not since she is taking up that day some weeks. Can you help me word this please? She will have to pay for 3 days whether or not she uses all 3. Thank you!
This is what I have in my contract:

Drop in care is care on an "as needed" basis. Your spot is not guaranteed and payment is due the morning you drop off. Cash is the only acceptable payment for drop in clients. (Then list your drop in rates per each age group) If your child only stay for a few hours, the FULL day rate is still required. If your child goes home sick, the FULL day rate is still required.

Part time care is care that is 3 days or less per week. Your spot is guaranteed. (Then list your FLAT FEE for the 3 days per each age group) The FULL part time fee is due whether or not your child is absent.

Full Time care is care that is 4 days or more per week. Your spot is guaranteed and siblings qualify for a discount. (Then list your FLAT FEE for full time) The FULL full time fee is due whether or not your child is absent.

GOODLUCK!!
Maria2013 10:05 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
Well I would like to charge her for the 3 days no matter whether it is 2 or not since she is taking up that day some weeks.
in my experience parents respond better to higher flat rates, than to having to pay a day the kids do not attend ....so I just give them a flat rate (I call it 3 days or less) then if they only want to come 2 days oh well I'm covered
LK5kids 11:29 AM 10-11-2013
I have lots of part time kids but if someone's days vary they pay for the full week or if they usually need three set days and sometimes a fourth they pay for four. I just had someone wanting this and they decided not to come here because they would have to pay for the fourth day to save it. Oh well....it happens!

I have another dcg that usually needs for days four days but sometimes needs only three but they always pay for the four full days.
spinnymarie 03:57 PM 10-11-2013
I would say, you can choose a 2-day/wk spot OR a 3-day/wk spot. If you choose the 2 day, I will fill the rest of the week, so I wouldn't ever be able to take the third day. If you would like to sometimes have the option of the third day, you must choose the 3-day option. The 2-day/wk option costs X/wk (p-t daily rate x2 days x 2 kids) and the 3-day/wk costs X/wk (p-t daily rate x3 days x2 kids). I agree that PT daily rates should be slightly higher than FT daily rates.
It shouldn't be too hard for her to understand that you would be filling the un-used days with other kids, and therefore be full if she needed random days.

However! I would think about offering a rotating/somewhat random schedule for 2 or 3 days per week on random days for a rate at *almost* full time - not quite as high, but a close.
Reply Up