Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pacifier Issues
lovemykidstoo 05:50 PM 02-11-2013
One of my dcb's will be 2 in May. He has an attachment to pacifiers. He normally comes with 1 in his mouth a 2 in his hand. I promptly have him put them in his bag and at naptime I let him have 1. At home he has them all all the time. As soon as mom comes to pick up he drags everything out of his bag and looks for them. Today dad brought him and told me that he's down to 1 and that is the only one they have now because he's bitiing the end of the pacifier off. I told mom today that he's done with it here because I will not take the chance that he's going to bite the end and choke on it. She said that she's going to limit it at home from now on to only naptime to try and get him to go without it. I think she's nuts. What if he bites it at naptime and chokes on it and she thinks he's just sleeping? has anyone had this issue?
Willow 05:59 PM 02-11-2013
My son had his way past two lol, and it was never a problem. I wouldn't worry about choking as long as there are no visible breaks in the plug and he isn't sitting there like, gnawing away on it.

I don't pull any sort of attachment item until it's been done by the parents at home first, preferably over a weekend so the kiddo has a bit of time to adjust to the loss, but that's just my personal preference.
lovemykidstoo 06:07 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
My son had his way past two lol, and it was never a problem. I wouldn't worry about choking as long as there are no visible breaks in the plug and he isn't sitting there like, gnawing away on it.

I don't pull any sort of attachment item until it's been done by the parents at home first, preferably over a weekend so the kiddo has a bit of time to adjust to the loss, but that's just my personal preference.
That's the thing, he IS biting the tip right off of it. So at home, he has bitten and spit out the tip of the binky.
Willow 06:17 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
That's the thing, he IS biting the tip right off of it. So at home, he has bitten and spit out the tip of the binky.
Yeah, nope.

Then I'd be putting the kabosh to him having them there for sure.
lovemykidstoo 06:21 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Yeah, nope.

Then I'd be putting the kabosh to him having them there for sure.
That's my thinking. I was surprised that the mom was still going to let him have it. My thinking is, if he is okay to have it only at naptime here then he will give it up for good pretty easily. He has bitten the tips off about 5 or 6 of them so far. I'm just not willing to set him up for disaster here. It's the same as giving him a small lego to go to bed with really if he's biting the tips off. A choking hazard is a choking hazard. Man, how hard and long does he have to be chewing on that thing to bite it off. Man!
Live and Learn 06:30 PM 02-11-2013
That is a safety hazard. NO MORE PACIFIERS!
Willow 06:30 PM 02-11-2013
That's my thinking. I was surprised that the mom was still going to let him have it. My thinking is, if he is okay to have it only at naptime here then he will give it up for good pretty easily. He has bitten the tips off about 5 or 6 of them so far. I'm just not willing to set him up for disaster here. It's the same as giving him a small lego to go to bed with really if he's biting the tips off. A choking hazard is a choking hazard. Man, how hard and long does he have to be chewing on that thing to bite it off. Man!
Maybe he's teething?

My sons used to get cracked after they got old enough, just like bottle nipples can do so I had to keep an eye on them.

He never chewed on them though! That's just nuts. I'd give mom the bits and say no more, not only is it a choking hazard for him but what if he bites off an end and spits it out on the floor for another peanut to choke on!
lovemykidstoo 06:36 PM 02-11-2013
I'm glad you guys don't think I"m nuts. I worry about him doing that and cannot believe that the mom and dad keep letting him do it. They just kinda laughed about it.
Meyou 01:35 AM 02-12-2013
That's scary. It would be gone here too.
jessrlee 04:44 AM 02-12-2013
Oh wow! I pray nothing bad happens! I would take it away!!
itlw8 05:46 AM 02-12-2013
when they get old they are easier to bite off the tip. You will see they are softer and actually bigger. If they are going to let him have them all the old ones need to be tossed and buy new ones...
Patches 05:47 AM 02-12-2013
Scary. I know you're taking it away, so I just hope nothing happens while he's with his parents
lovemykidstoo 06:05 AM 02-12-2013
We'll see what happens tomorrow. He's not scheduled for today. I absolutely will not give him one. He only has it 2 hours out of a 9 hour day, so I think he'll survive. I pray that they do the same, because I will worry about it when he's at home.
Loveyoustinkyface 07:29 AM 02-12-2013
We'll see what happens tomorrow. He's not scheduled for today. I absolutely will not give him one. He only has it 2 hours out of a 9 hour day, so I think he'll survive. I pray that they do the same, because I will worry about it when he's at home.
Do you think letting this DCM know [this morning] that her child will not be permitted to have binky at all tomorrow, is a good idea? Maybe she'll try it today at home? maybe not.....

You could ask her to no bother bringing it at all, leave it in the car. Hopefully I am not repeating other posters, I did not read all of them.
lovemykidstoo 07:35 AM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Loveyoustinkyface:
Do you think letting this DCM know [this morning] that her child will not be permitted to have binky at all tomorrow, is a good idea? Maybe she'll try it today at home? maybe not.....

You could ask her to no bother bringing it at all, leave it in the car. Hopefully I am not repeating other posters, I did not read all of them.
Most definately. I did tell her yesterday that he would be done with it here. So, hopefully she is throwing it away at home. These are a couple of our texts yesterday.

Me:, Thanks for the headsup. That makes me nervous. Do not want him choking. Are you going to stop giving it to him at home? I just checked on him sleeping and he had spit the pacifier out, so I put it back in his bag. If that's what he's doing, then I wont' be giving it to him at nap anymore. (this is the only time he has it here)

Her: He has them when he is up at home he likes to go to bed hangong onto them. Silly kid. Once he is asleep, he spits it out.

Me: Well here he won't have them anymore.

Her: Sounds good. WE'll gie y an update as to how he's doing at home.

End of text. So I guess I told her a couple of times that he won't be having it here anymore. I was surprised (well not really considering this is her) that she was kinda making a haha oh "silly kid". Yea, real silly when he bites it off and chokes to death. Gaa!
DaycareMomma 07:54 AM 02-12-2013
I don't allow pacifiers past the age of one here anymore. Too many hazards with teething children in my opinion.

I have one little girl that would come in with it in her mouth and once her parents left, she'd hand it to me to put in her bag. I would tell her parents this and they just shrugged me off and would walk in the door at night and pop it back into her mouth.

I think you need to do what makes you feel comfortable while the child is in your care. The parents will realize that if he can go hours at your house without it, he'll be just fine at their house without it.
wdmmom 07:59 AM 02-12-2013
I don't allow any pacifiers for any age here.

They're too much of a pain to keep track of, continuously clean and sanitize after they fall on the floor and there are other kids that tend to use them at home and will try to nab them from babies that do use them.

My simple solution was to eliminate them here while they are young so they don't get that attachment you have to break from them later.

If dcb is 2 and he is coming with them, I would give them to dcm/dcd right at drop off and not let them in your door. Dcb needs to be engaging in activities and toys, not teething equipment.
Meeko 08:20 AM 02-12-2013
I hate, loathe and detest pacifiers. I do not allow them anymore at all. I see parents forcing the darn things into their kids mouths to shut them up and it drives me crazy.

It's the PARENTS who train their child into believing they can't live without it.

My mother is retired, but worked as an assistant to the oral sugeon at the local hospital. They would get children with problems sent to them from local dentists. The number of kids with pallete and teeth problems due to pacifiers was amazing. The parents would act shocked and say "But we only used "orthodontic/dentist approved" ones! They would be so shocked when the surgeon told them the claim is hogwash. There is no such thing as a good pacifier.

It is actually better for a child to suck their thumb as an infant than use a pacifier. Thumb-sucking is the child SELF-soothing. Pacifiers are the parent FORCING them to use it, until it becomes the norm. Even tiny babies soon learn that whenever they cry...they MUST have a plug inserted.

Thumb-sucking can cause problems too and some kids can become chronic suckers. But the majority of babies stop on their own when the sucking need diminishes. Pacifier use is often only stopped when the parent is ready to give it up, not the child.

It drives me crazy in church, watching mothers use them.

Baby is hungry? Plug it.
Baby is cooing too loudly? Plug it.
Baby is fussy? Don't find out why...just plug it.

It's a "shut-up" tool for the parents and not a need for the child. The child is trained to believe it "needs" it.
Blackcat31 08:22 AM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I hate, loathe and detest pacifiers. I do not allow them anymore at all. I see parents forcing the darn things into their kids mouths to shut them up and it drives me crazy.

It's the PARENTS who train their child into believing they can't live without it.

My mother is retired, but worked as an assistant to the oral sugeon at the local hospital. They would get children with problems sent to them from local dentists. The number of kids with pallete and teeth problems due to pacifiers was amazing. The parents would act shocked and say "But we only used "orthodontic/dentist approved" ones! They would be so shocked when the surgeon told them the claim is hogwash. There is no such thing as a good pacifier.

It is actually better for a child to suck their thumb as an infant than use a pacifier. Thumb-sucking is the child SELF-soothing. Pacifiers are the parent FORCING them to use it, until it becomes the norm. Even tiny babies soon learn that whenever they cry...they MUST have a plug inserted.

Thumb-sucking can cause problems too and some kids can become chronic suckers. But the majority of babies stop on their own when the sucking need diminishes. Pacifier use is often only stopped when the parent is ready to give it up, not the child.

Baby is hungry? Plug it.

It's a "shut-up" tool for the parents and not a need for the child. The child is trained to believe it "needs" it.
My son had one until he was 3.5 yrs old.

I was one of those mother's in church.

...but if you knew my son then...you would have given him one too.

You are 100% right, he didnt need it one single bit......but I sure did.

Even now at 21 yrs old, I kind of wish he wouldn't have given it up.
Meeko 08:26 AM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

LOL
lovemykidstoo 11:21 AM 02-12-2013
BC your post cracked me up!! LMAO!!!

I have 2 dcb's right now, this one being one of them. They BOTH come in with the pacifier AND blanket. As soon as mom or dad leave, they both go put them both in their beds. They don't see them again until nap. As soon as nap is over, they put them in their bags. The second they see their parent they immediate go to the bag and start yanking things out until they get their blanket and their pacifier. The parents BOTH help them look for it and plug it in their mouths. DRIVES ME NUTS!! I say each and every time that they dont' have it all day. Well, at least one of them will be done with that routine!
Meyou 12:15 PM 02-12-2013

From your stories your ds is the exception to EVERY childcare rule!!! I love your stories about him. One of my dd's is a wild child but your stories always put her in perspective for me.
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
From your stories your ds is the exception to EVERY childcare rule!!! I love your stories about him. One of my dd's is a wild child but your stories always put her in perspective for me.

Oh, I have tons of them (stories) too so whenever you need one, just let me know.

I can tell you about wire coat hangers and why we do not have them in our house anymore (not for the same reason Mommy Dearest had though)

or maybe stories about drinking beer, hating Barney, obese people, 25 lbs of sugar in my carpet, toothpaste in EVERY.SINGLE. hole/crack/space in my house...(including electrical outlets), calling Disney reservations/booking a trip, live mice in the bottom of the toybox, peeing in the clothes dryer etc etc

Yes, my list goes on and on!

In the photo I posted in the private social group, he looks very serious and mellow but we all know how looks can be deceiving.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:14 PM 02-12-2013
I hate them for the simple fact that they never talk or make noises when they have a plug in their face.

I take them and put them away till the end of the day.
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:17 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

Baby is hungry? Plug it.

. Yes ma'am and a heck yeah!!
Country Kids 02:38 PM 02-12-2013

Oh, I have tons of them (stories) too so whenever you need one, just let me know.

I can tell you about wire coat hangers and why we do not have them in our house anymore (not for the same reason Mommy Dearest had though)

or maybe stories about drinking beer, hating Barney, obese people, 25 lbs of sugar in my carpet, toothpaste in EVERY.SINGLE. hole/crack/space in my house...(including electrical outlets), calling Disney reservations/booking a trip, live mice in the bottom of the toybox, peeing in the clothes dryer etc etc

In the photo I posted in the private social group, he looks very serious and mellow but we all know how looks can be deceiving.
My daughter and I cracked up on the disney one and the clothes dryer.

Sorry-

Every once in awhile I'll read what someone posts and she loves it.

But we need the whole story-not just the 'Title"-

So if you would like to share any of the above it would be a great read I'm sure.

I see a book written about these stories somewhere in the future!
daycarediva 03:12 PM 02-12-2013
I hate pacifiers too!

It's a personal parenting preference though, and I don't say anything until it's an issue for me.

If there was biting of the pacifier, I wouldn't allow them to even ENTER my house. Too much of a chance he could get it and choke. SOOOO not worth the risk. I'm really surprised your dcm was so nonchalant about it!

I have a dcb starting (just turned 2) in two weeks who is a chronic pacifier kid (one in mouth, one in hand) and I told Mom that I would be weaning them down to nap, she was ECSTATIC. She can't 'be the bad guy'.
Play Care 03:04 AM 02-13-2013
I actually don't have a problem with paci's if the *child* needs them to nap. At my house the only time they can have these comfort items is for nap. So no issues with kids wandering around with them, not talking because of them etc. Of course this is only for children who are using them appropriately - not biting them, etc.
I'm actually having a situation right now with a 2 1/2 dc boy. Up until Monday he napped okay for me with his paci. Mom asked if I could take it as they did at home. We've had two days of no naps, with alternate loud chattering, getting out of bed, etc.
lovemykidstoo 04:33 AM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I actually don't have a problem with paci's if the *child* needs them to nap. At my house the only time they can have these comfort items is for nap. So no issues with kids wandering around with them, not talking because of them etc. Of course this is only for children who are using them appropriately - not biting them, etc.
I'm actually having a situation right now with a 2 1/2 dc boy. Up until Monday he napped okay for me with his paci. Mom asked if I could take it as they did at home. We've had two days of no naps, with alternate loud chattering, getting out of bed, etc.
That takes a bit to transition without them at nap. I"m expecting a fight today because it will be his first day back without having his. So does this mom let him have it any other time or is he without it totally?
lovemykidstoo 05:35 AM 02-13-2013
Well daddy just brought dcb and guess what? He had the pacifier in his mouth. I said, ahhh what is that in his mouth? Dad said that they had him at the dr yesterday for checkup and he had a complete meltdown because he didn't have a pacifier, so they made an emergency run to Target and bought him 2 more. Can you hear me slapping my head? I told him that he wasn't going to get them here anymore that I was just not comfortable with that choking hazard. He said that they had a "talk" with him and that they told him that if he bites them, he will have to throw them away. Oh yea, I'm sure that almost 2 year old totally understood that. Idiots!
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 02-13-2013
Well daddy just brought dcb and guess what? He had the pacifier in his mouth. I said, ahhh what is that in his mouth? Dad said that they had him at the dr yesterday for checkup and he had a complete meltdown because he didn't have a pacifier, so they made an emergency run to Target and bought him 2 more. Can you hear me slapping my head? I told him that he wasn't going to get them here anymore that I was just comfortable with that choking hazard. He said that they had a "talk" with him and that they told him that if he bites them, he will have to throw them away. Oh yea, I'm sure that almost 2 year old totally understood that. Idiots!
I get where you are coming from but in all honesty, there is no way that I (as the provider) would try to wean a child from his paci or with hold it from him if the parents are just going to relent and give him one (or two).

That means YOU are the only one dealing with this and the only one trying to figure out a solution.

I would give the issue right back to the parent and tell them if they are simply going to re-stock his paci every time he throws a tantrum then you are going to call them for IMMEDIATE pick up each and every time he tries to bite or does bite the end off his paci.

That IS dangerous but it isn't YOUR problem to fix.

I guess if you don't mind, that is one thing but from an outsiders' perspective, the daycare boy AND the parents are simply letting you do all the worrying and work to address the issue.
lovemykidstoo 06:21 AM 02-13-2013
I get where you are coming from but in all honesty, there is no way that I (as the provider) would try to wean a child from his paci or with hold it from him if the parents are just going to relent and give him one (or two).

That means YOU are the only one dealing with this and the only one trying to figure out a solution.

I would give the issue right back to the parent and tell them if they are simply going to re-stock his paci every time he throws a tantrum then you are going to call them for IMMEDIATE pick up each and every time he tries to bite or does bite the end off his paci.

That IS dangerous but it isn't YOUR problem to fix.

I guess if you don't mind, that is one thing but from an outsiders' perspective, the daycare boy AND the parents are simply letting you do all the worrying and work to address the issue.
I hear ya, but how in the world can I let him have it at naptime knowing that he has bitten the tips off of several pacifiers? What is going to happen if he does that while in his pnp and chokes and dies? It could happen. It IS a choking hazard. I can just see if he were to choke on it and maybe not even die, they would sue me and say that i KNEW that he was doing it. See what I mean? He only has it here during nap, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal. He has bitten the ends off of every single one of his paci's. Why would he stop now? I guess they can do whatever they want on their end, I'm just not really into the risk. My state licensor is coming next week for my audit. I'm curious to see what her opinion is. I know it works so much better when weaning a child together with the parent, but this is the first time I've actually had a child that bit the top off. We talk about how we don't give kids hotdogs at lunch because they could choke. The piece he's biting off is not much smaller than a hotdog bite.
LittleD 06:23 AM 02-13-2013
I took my dcb off his paci at 2. Never had one here at all.

They still gave it to him at home for another year

After the 1st week I didn't have any problems with him asking for it. The first week was tough, especially at nap, I won't lie. He was a stubborn kid and would cry almost all the way through nap the first day.
Each day got a little easier, by the end of the week he cried for 5 mins then was out like a light. He slept better too because he wasn''t looking for the thing if he woke.
Blackcat31 06:36 AM 02-13-2013
I hear ya, but how in the world can I let him have it at naptime knowing that he has bitten the tips off of several pacifiers? What is going to happen if he does that while in his pnp and chokes and dies? It could happen. It IS a choking hazard. I can just see if he were to choke on it and maybe not even die, they would sue me and say that i KNEW that he was doing it. See what I mean? He only has it here during nap, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal. He has bitten the ends off of every single one of his paci's. Why would he stop now? I guess they can do whatever they want on their end, I'm just not really into the risk. My state licensor is coming next week for my audit. I'm curious to see what her opinion is. I know it works so much better when weaning a child together with the parent, but this is the first time I've actually had a child that bit the top off. We talk about how we don't give kids hotdogs at lunch because they could choke. The piece he's biting off is not much smaller than a hotdog bite.
I guess the way I see it you have two choices (if you want to give the issue back to the parents).

You can let him have a new paci (new only) as it won't be as easy to bite the tip off of and the second you notice he is trying to bite it off, I would call the parent and have them come pick up. Rinse and repeat.

The other option is to not allow him to have the paci at all and when nap time comes, if he throws a fit, call the parent for immediate pick up.

That is the only way to return the issue to the parents. They HAVE to take control and not just sit back and let you worry about this. That is so disrespectful.

Personally since you already discussed with DCM him being weaned off and she said she was going to do it, I woud have turned them away this morning and said no way. I just can't believe that they went out and bought him some more paci's....that is the part that throws me for a loop.
lovemykidstoo 06:42 AM 02-13-2013
I guess the way I see it you have two choices (if you want to give the issue back to the parents).

You can let him have a new paci (new only) as it won't be as easy to bite the tip off of and the second you notice he is trying to bite it off, I would call the parent and have them come pick up. Rinse and repeat.

The other option is to not allow him to have the paci at all and when nap time comes, if he throws a fit, call the parent for immediate pick up.

That is the only way to return the issue to the parents. They HAVE to take control and not just sit back and let you worry about this. That is so disrespectful.

Personally since you already discussed with DCM him being weaned off and she said she was going to do it, I woud have turned them away this morning and said no way. I just can't believe that they went out and bought him some more paci's....that is the part that throws me for a loop.
I googled this issue this morning and every single site I found said absolutely to take it away. Huge choking issue. I can't believe they left the doctors office and bought 2 new ones. blew me away. I wish I would have asked if they asked the dr about it. Mom picks up today, I"m going to ask her. I guess they can do what they want at home and thankfully he only has it here at nap, so I don't think it's going to be that hard, but I just wish they would pitch them. Parents today just can't handle their kid crying for 1 second. They don't like to say no to their kid even though it could cost them dearly.

Just a thought, maybe I could hang a baggie outside my door (in garage) and have him deposit it in there when he comes and he can take it out when he leaves. That way it's not sitting in his diaper bag and being a tease.
Country Kids 06:55 AM 02-13-2013
Does he still suck on it after he bites the tip off or does he no longer want it?

I would beat him at his own game and cut the tip off it off or what ever he chews off and then offer it to him.
lovemykidstoo 06:59 AM 02-13-2013
I guess after he bites it off he hands it to them and says "broken".

I actually have a couple of pacifiers that were extras for kids that don't want them anymore. I should sanitize one and do that LOL!
daycarediva 07:09 AM 02-13-2013
I guess after he bites it off he hands it to them and says "broken".

I actually have a couple of pacifiers that were extras for kids that don't want them anymore. I should sanitize one and do that LOL!
That's not a bad idea! Show him a broken paci and have him throw it away! Maybe then at nap, you can remind him "Oh no, paci is broken. You put it in the trash."

I can't believe they bought him more! crazy!
TheGoodLife 12:45 PM 02-13-2013
I have a DCM that looked at me weird when I told her that her DD doesn't use the pacifier anymore here. (First-time mom and a friend from college) She's been here since her mom went back from maternity leave and is now almost 8 months old. I just figured since she was never fussy or seemed to need it that I didn't need to offer it. She only really used it with me sometimes when she was in an exersaucer as a younger baby. Now that she's mobile she never gets too fussy or shows any desire for it, so I've always just put it away! I never used pacifiers for any of my 3 girls- if there's no real need, why chance them getting "addicted"?
Play Care 01:29 PM 02-13-2013
That takes a bit to transition without them at nap. I"m expecting a fight today because it will be his first day back without having his. So does this mom let him have it any other time or is he without it totally?
They are strict about nap/bed only and I'm sure they are not giving in BUT they have to lay down with him so he will sleep

On a side note this particular family is so quick to remove comfort objects, I wish they were as quick to encourage independence with actual life skills like self dressing, behaving appropriately, etc. For some reason it's all about the paci.
lovemykidstoo 05:24 PM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
They are strict about nap/bed only and I'm sure they are not giving in BUT they have to lay down with him so he will sleep

On a side note this particular family is so quick to remove comfort objects, I wish they were as quick to encourage independence with actual life skills like self dressing, behaving appropriately, etc. For some reason it's all about the paci.
I was just talking to my husband about that kind of thing today. I find it funny that the parents that want me to teach their children their colors, abc's, numbers, sign language etc, have no problem not allowing their child to learn how to put their shoes on. Let them put their own coat on, hat on etc. These are valuable lessons that a kindergarten teacher will LOVE!

DCB went to bed without his pacifier just fine. Actually surprised me. I took the advice and found an old pacifier and cut the tip off. Showed it to him and told him it was broken. He threw it in the trash and went to bed with only his blanket. He had 2 of his pacifiers in his diaper bag, so I put them in a baggie and put them high on the shelf. Dcb immediately started ripping everything out of his bag when he saw dad. I kept saying, they're not in there remember they're broke. Told dad that he was fine without it and please don't bring them in the house again. Said, out of sight, out of mind. We'll see how tomorrow goes. IF he comes in with it in his mouth, I"m just going to have him put it in his bag like I always do and when dcb turns around I will grab it out of bag and give it back to dad.
LoraJenkins 07:07 PM 02-13-2013
When my oldest DCB was 2 (he is 4 now) his mother came in one morning at drop-off laughing hysterically. When I asked her why she said thar the DCB had gotten to where when they pulled into my driveway he would pull out his binky and hide it. I had to inform her that I had taken his binky away 6 month before here. She took it away at home that day.

I cannot STAND a baby older than 12 months walking around with a plug in their mouth. Lol...
Meyou 01:58 AM 02-14-2013

My dh laughed HARD at your list because it makes ours seem so small. Raw bacon in her bed, hanging out on the top of the fridge (obsession at about 15-16 months), scalping herself with scissors right to the skin, coloring herself solid with sharpie (face and body), having a tea party with my good crystal, my grandmother's china and about 20 lbs of fruit she hacked into fruit salad, breaking childlocks systematical as we installed them...she's only 8 so I'm sure there is more to come.
lovemykidstoo 05:18 AM 02-14-2013
Well mom brought today and he didn't have one in his mouth like usual which was great. Thought we were in the clear. Then as she's getting ready to leave, she puts 2 of them in his bag under his blanket and says oh I'll put these here in case he needs them. I said, "he won't". I said he did fine yesterday without them as long as he doesn't see them. She says, so he's just playing us at home huh? I said, yup! LOL! So I took them out of the bag and put them back on the shelf so he can't see them.
Blackcat31 08:48 AM 02-14-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
My dh laughed HARD at your list because it makes ours seem so small. Raw bacon in her bed, hanging out on the top of the fridge (obsession at about 15-16 months), scalping herself with scissors right to the skin, coloring herself solid with sharpie (face and body), having a tea party with my good crystal, my grandmother's china and about 20 lbs of fruit she hacked into fruit salad, breaking childlocks systematical as we installed them...she's only 8 so I'm sure there is more to come.
Raw bacon.....????? WTH????? LOL!! (Sometimes I don't want to know why)

Only 8?! Yeah, there is much more to come!

My DS has always loved tools and since my DH is a tool hoarder we started buying our DS real expensive tools at a young age so he has a pretty big set. Well one day we made the comment that if he couldn't behave when we had company over, we were going to have him stay in his bedroom and would lock the door. I think my DS was about 5 at the time.

Well he must have been a little freaked out about being locked behind a closed door because the next morning when we woke up every single door in our house had been removed from the hinges and their door knobs removed.

It took us all morning to put them all back on. He had hidden some of the hardware.

We figure he must have been up all night.....I also have no idea why we didn't hear him but he was also pretty sneaky so....

I am grateful our children aren't the same age or in the same age range.....what if they ever got together and had a child together.

...could you imagine!?!? I would NOT be their child care provider.....no way!!
Meyou 10:29 AM 02-14-2013
Raw bacon.....????? WTH????? LOL!! (Sometimes I don't want to know why)

Only 8?! Yeah, there is much more to come!

My DS has always loved tools and since my DH is a tool hoarder we started buying our DS real expensive tools at a young age so he has a pretty big set. Well one day we made the comment that if he couldn't behave when we had company over, we were going to have him stay in his bedroom and would lock the door. I think my DS was about 5 at the time.

Well he must have been a little freaked out about being locked behind a closed door because the next morning when we woke up every single door in our house had been removed from the hinges and their door knobs removed.

It took us all morning to put them all back on. He had hidden some of the hardware.

We figure he must have been up all night.....I also have no idea why we didn't hear him but he was also pretty sneaky so....

I am grateful our children aren't the same age or in the same age range.....what if they ever got together and had a child together.

...could you imagine!?!? I would NOT be their child care provider.....no way!!
She thought we didn't give her enough bacon so she stole 2lb out of the fridge, cut them open with a knife under the table and spread out the bacon in her bed (to hide it) and pulled the blankets back up. I found it when I stripped the sheets and it splatted all over the hardwood floor. She stuffed the packages inside the radiator which we found later when they started to smell.....

Don't even get me started on her taste in boys. She already loves the bad boy and will snub good boys completely. She picks the smartest mouthed little punk around and says he's her love.

I welcome her children into this world so I can revel in the payback. But I wouldn't be their provider either!! Uh uh...never going to happen.
Tags:pacifier issues
Reply Up