Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annoying
cheerfuldom 07:48 PM 09-07-2013
small vent

I have one spot available which I dont have to fill quite yet and that is why I am bidding my time and waiting for the right family. I had started talking to this family about care but they didnt need anyone till Dec. I told them that I would require a nonrefundable deposit, interview and signed contract but that yes, their hours worked for me and i was willing to hold the spot. It was full time and actually, perfect hours for me so I was excited for the possibility.

Now just two days later they come back and say that they would like the same deal but they only need a couple days (2 to 4) per month, no longer full time. I realize things change for families but it is still annoying for a family to expect me to hold a full time spot for months so that they can have a guaranteed drop in space for a couple days per month. ugh. its like people dont even think before they ask for something. she knows my situation....I only take a few kids, I need the full time spot filled, etc, etc.
Moppetland 08:23 AM 09-08-2013
Since you said that you don't need to fill the spot immediately, then I would just fill it when you find the family that needs the full-time slot. Is the family willing to pay your full-time tuition for those 2-4 times a month? I don't think so. I would just wait for the right family.
Maria2013 10:54 AM 09-08-2013
I wouldn't even enroll someone for less than 3 days a week
cheerfuldom 12:33 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
I wouldn't even enroll someone for less than 3 days a week
that is what I told her. I am not holding a spot for months for someone that needs occasional care, thats ridiculous. the thing was that she originally needed full time.
cheerfuldom 12:34 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by Moppetland:
Since you said that you don't need to fill the spot immediately, then I would just fill it when you find the family that needs the full-time slot. Is the family willing to pay your full-time tuition for those 2-4 times a month? I don't think so. I would just wait for the right family.
that is what I am doing. I would rather go with no extra income and wait for the right family then be committed long term to a family that guarantees very very little income.
Maria2013 01:34 PM 09-08-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
that is what I am doing. I would rather go with no extra income and wait for the right family then be committed long term to a family that guarantees very very little income.

Reply Up