Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone else open today?
Shell 05:07 AM 12-26-2014
Up bright and early on this day after Christmas, just to get several messages, "running late"... Anyone else open today?
melonieb 05:38 AM 12-26-2014
i am. my 515 showed up at 530 and my 630 showed up at 715. both are back to sleep. just recieved a text from one parent stating that her two will not be here today. one family is sick, one is off today, one is out of town, and waiting for my last two kiddos. my early risers will be picked up by lunch time. possibly quiet day
Shell 05:54 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by melonieb:
i am. my 515 showed up at 530 and my 630 showed up at 715. both are back to sleep. just recieved a text from one parent stating that her two will not be here today. one family is sick, one is off today, one is out of town, and waiting for my last two kiddos. my early risers will be picked up by lunch time. possibly quiet day
Yikes, those are early arrivals! I'm still waiting for mine to show!
Former Teacher 06:04 AM 12-26-2014
I am a private nanny now (), but I am off now until the New Year.

However I am NOT happy. I was suppose to have a blood work done, only to find out that the office is closed. Why make the appointment if you aren't going to be open?!?!

TaylorTots 06:50 AM 12-26-2014
I'm open. Wish I was napping as I'm super pooped, but I can do that tonight.
Unregistered 07:00 AM 12-26-2014
I'm open but thankfully, all have taken the day off and thankfully, all let me know in advance.
permanentvacation 07:12 AM 12-26-2014
I was supposed to have my one daycare child today. I got up and ready on time. His mom called and said he's sick, so won't be coming. She came and paid me this morning. Sad that he's sick, but glad to be off work!

So I'm now sitting in my nice quiet home leisurely working on my taxes.
Unregistered 08:55 AM 12-26-2014
Originally Posted by melonieb:
Mine are sleeping now. I had all five of mine show up. The family I know that someone is home at all times was like "Oh good, I thought you might be open". I just wanted to slam the door in her face. I bet she's probably doing her hair or nails. I don't what annoys me more that I have no time to myself or that when the families can spend time with their kids they chose not to.

I know this is bad, but if no one wakes up early I'm letting them sleep as long as they want.
AuntTami 09:06 AM 12-26-2014
I'm open today too. Got up at 5:20 for my 5:40 arrival, only to remember at 6:00 that today is DCM's day off so little one won't be here. But I took a drop in so we're having a low key kind of day. I'm exhausted from the last 2 days so I'm really glad this kiddo is too and that she's fine with snuggling and watching a movie haha
mduck 01:17 PM 12-26-2014
I'm open today. I only have one plus my own three children. They were sleeping peacefully until just now. I hear one squirming. DCGM will be here at 5 to pick up so only 45 mins till clocking out.
Tags:after christmas
Reply Up