Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>interesting article
sharlan 08:06 AM 01-04-2012
http://news.yahoo.com/safety-first-p...140408981.html
Cat Herder 11:07 AM 01-04-2012
Great article.
AfterSchoolMom 11:32 AM 01-04-2012
Interesting.

I'd be curious to see what the injury numbers are for, say, 20 years ago. I wonder how they compare? My guess would be not much different.

I have very fond memories of my elementary school playground. We had swings, a HUGE metal slide, monkey bars, a climbing dome, a merry-go-round, and two huge cement tunnels.
melissa ann 11:43 AM 01-04-2012
We had awesome stuff in our school playgrounds. A couple of metal slides,some were pretty high(to me anyway, I'm afraid of heights), swings, monkey bars, climbing walls (we had 3 we called the big cheese, it was 3 tall things with holes scattered so you could climb it), dome shaped climbing things(not sure what they were called) and we just had mulch on the ground.
Today, that same playground is lame. 3/4 of the things are gone. The stuff they have now doesn't look like any fun.

My dd's school playground is pretty cool. Rock walls, slides, etc. And some days they go outside up to 3 times a day. They go out after lunch. And if the kids behave, do well, they may go out once in the morning and again in the afternoon. She loves it. She's in 1st grade.
Reply Up