Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crap! Mothers Days Idea
flying_babyb 12:20 PM 05-06-2017
so my coworker and I plan to make braclets. You heat up water and boil popcile sticks and shove it in a cup till it dries and it forms the cups shape.
Well, Im worried it may not work as well as she hopes and want to have a quickie backup plan, Any easy ideas? We have 1 yr 1m- to almost 3. Were talking 8 1 year olds, 3 2 year olds and 4 2.5 and a few stray 3 year olds, Not all at the same time though! Any ideas?
midaycare 02:12 PM 05-06-2017
I'd post a pic of what I did, but they take literally 5 minutes to load on here. Go buy smaller flowerpots, I found them for $1 each. Use the paint you have to make...just about anything! We did thumbprints to make butterfles and bees.

I'll throw some dirt and a flower in there (maybe).
Josiegirl 02:31 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'd post a pic of what I did, but they take literally 5 minutes to load on here. Go buy smaller flowerpots, I found them for $1 each. Use the paint you have to make...just about anything! We did thumbprints to make butterfles and bees.

I'll throw some dirt and a flower in there (maybe).
That's weird, we did the same thing!! Except with the 7 mo, I made her footprints into butterflies. Then we're adding a small birdhouse they painted and we'll stick some moss in and glue on a bird. Plus add a plant and dirt.
midaycare 03:12 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That's weird, we did the same thing!! Except with the 7 mo, I made her footprints into butterflies. Then we're adding a small birdhouse they painted and we'll stick some moss in and glue on a bird. Plus add a plant and dirt.
Way to one up me, Josiegirl
Josiegirl 03:26 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Way to one up me, Josiegirl
The birdhouses were one of those things I bought and we never used. I do that a lot, buy stuff with big plans and they sit there for months or years even. Sorry.
But the ladybugs and bumble-bees, you have to admit, are THE cutest things ever!

If the OP's bracelets don't work out, you could make a flower picture using hand prints, or a butterfly using their feet painted in multi-color and find a cute poem to go with it. I have found if a project does not work out(and there have sadly been quite a few) a painted personalized picture is the way to go. Quick, easy, and usually have the supplies on hand. Gotta love Pinterest, how did we ever survive before??!!
Pepperth 06:13 AM 05-07-2017
I was thinking of printing out the "if you give a mom a muffin" poem and having the kids decorate around it. We'll probably make a batch of muffins to hand out.
Tags:mother's day ideas
Reply Up