Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
mema 07:00 AM 12-31-2012
First kid of the day goes to toy area after breakfast, picks up a doll and rips the pacifier off it. (it was attached to the outfit with a string.) Really??? If you can't play nice, don't play! Happy New Year!
Play Care 09:19 AM 01-03-2013
My assistant was almost 10 minutes late for work today. It was freezing (-20) so instead of having my own kids wait for the bus I had planned on driving them to school. I even emailed her to let her know that I needed her to be ON TIME because of this. Because she was late, we were late. Not cool.

But really, your boss shouldn't have to contact you to ask you to be on time for your job. I know I need to address it and I will next week when she comes. But I was too hot to do it today.
mema 12:00 PM 01-03-2013
OMG! Make all the crying/whining stop. You would think I had 5 babies here today instead of 2. Babies are beyond tired and won't sleep. The 3 older ones have horrible coughs, runny noses, and are just plain whiny. The oldest has cried on and off all day because "nothin my way". Apparently she feels nothing is going her way. No one has slept well the last few nights apparently either, so that isn't helping. Calgon.....take me away! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday already
Play Care 07:20 AM 01-07-2013
Client owes me money for this week (only paid for two days) and is acting as if he has no idea how I get paid. Shady people bother me. Thin ice, guy, thin ice.
Hunni Bee 11:26 AM 01-07-2013
Why are you sending your fine motor-challenged child to daycare with these cheap magic gloves that he is not capable of managing on his own and that are even a challenge for me to get on him???

Please. Save him and me both some time and frustration and either buy the thicker fleece kind that dont roll up as he tries to put them on and allow all his fingers to go in one hole, or some mittens.

Ay yi yi....
lovemykidstoo 11:46 AM 01-07-2013
It's about 25 degrees here with the wind chill and my dcb that constantly has a runny nose and the mom always blames me for didnt' come with shoes AGAIN! Had them all ready to go outside and I couldn't find his shoes and he has a thin fleece coat to wear also. Thankfully another child had shoes and boots, so I borrowed those. HOw do you not put shoes on your kid in the middle of winter in Michigan? Normally they bring him with no shoes on only socks and the shoes are in his bag. Yea, takes alot of effort to put tennis shoes with velcro on a 20 month old. UGH!
BumbleBee 08:06 PM 01-07-2013
Parent TOLD me that child (not scheduled for tomorrow) will be here tomorrow.

By text.....at 11pm.
Hazel 09:30 AM 01-08-2013
So I have lost ALOT of my kids since June, have been advertising like a maniac but business is slow where I live. Ive had 1 full time spot open since June and 1 full and 1 part time open since Sept. Ive almost cleaned out my back up funds and need kids ASAP!
LOOOOONG story short, wishy washy lady calls (we'll call her mom #1) and needs 2 days a week for 13 month old. She MAY need AS MUCH as 4 days POSSIBLY in ABOUT 2 montshs (WISHY WASHY MUCH!!!!!)
Current sitter is amazing but is having a baby in Feb and mom doesnt think anyone can take care of a 13 month old and newborn (wants her 13mo to be youngest and TOLD me this at interview).
Calls me like 4 times over a period of 2 weeks asking for more info before FINALLY ok with scheduling an interview.
Interview is on a Thursday afternoon, says again, son should be youngest. I tell her that If I get someone with a baby that wants care, I would have the right to take the baby (mom doesnt say ANYTHING) but at the end says her husband will want to meet me before they decide anything.
Meanwhile, I am communicating via email with a mom of 2 (3mos and 2yo)that needs fulltime (call her mom #2). It didnt seem promising since she had trouble with my rates so I wasnt expecting much from it.
On the monday following Mom #1's interview, I set up to meet mom #2 on Thursday evening.
Wednesday mom #1 texts me and wants to arrange for husband to meet. I set it up for Sunday afternoon.
Mom #2 and I interview Thursday and she LOVES what i have to offer and visits AGAIN the NEXT morning for her girls to meet the other kids. Calls references Friday and Sat morning and then drops of Deposit to hold 2 full time spots on Sunday AM.
I call Mom#1 and tell her that I now have a family with baby younger than her son and they have put down a deposit for the 2 full time spots.
I tell her that I can still watch her son but I remember her saying she wanted him to be the youngest AND i couldnt guarantee the POSSIBLE 4 days she may POSSIBLY need in the future.
She SAID I WAS UNETHICAL! Said That I never told her she needed to put down a (non refundable) deposit to hold the spot for her son (I know I did tell her because I tell EVERYONE! but why would I need to anyway since she only needed 2 days and I had plenty of room)
She said that me taking 2 full time kids to fill my quota and pushing her son out was the easy route for me to take and in her opinion, somewhat unethical!
seriously??? If youre looking at a used car and someone buys it while your "thinking about it" then thats ok? or looking at an apartment and someone acts first and gets it?? THAT'S not unethical!! BUT me making sure my family is financially secure isnt a priority?? Her convience is?? UGH!!!
Its been 2 days since this conversation and Im still boiling about it!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for letting me vent
saved4always 12:32 PM 01-08-2013
Originally Posted by Hazel:
So I have lost ALOT of my kids since June, have been advertising like a maniac but business is slow where I live. Ive had 1 full time spot open since June and 1 full and 1 part time open since Sept. Ive almost cleaned out my back up funds and need kids ASAP!
LOOOOONG story short, wishy washy lady calls (we'll call her mom #1) and needs 2 days a week for 13 month old. She MAY need AS MUCH as 4 days POSSIBLY in ABOUT 2 montshs (WISHY WASHY MUCH!!!!!)
Current sitter is amazing but is having a baby in Feb and mom doesnt think anyone can take care of a 13 month old and newborn (wants her 13mo to be youngest and TOLD me this at interview).
Calls me like 4 times over a period of 2 weeks asking for more info before FINALLY ok with scheduling an interview.
Interview is on a Thursday afternoon, says again, son should be youngest. I tell her that If I get someone with a baby that wants care, I would have the right to take the baby (mom doesnt say ANYTHING) but at the end says her husband will want to meet me before they decide anything.
Meanwhile, I am communicating via email with a mom of 2 (3mos and 2yo)that needs fulltime (call her mom #2). It didnt seem promising since she had trouble with my rates so I wasnt expecting much from it.
On the monday following Mom #1's interview, I set up to meet mom #2 on Thursday evening.
Wednesday mom #1 texts me and wants to arrange for husband to meet. I set it up for Sunday afternoon.
Mom #2 and I interview Thursday and she LOVES what i have to offer and visits AGAIN the NEXT morning for her girls to meet the other kids. Calls references Friday and Sat morning and then drops of Deposit to hold 2 full time spots on Sunday AM.
I call Mom#1 and tell her that I now have a family with baby younger than her son and they have put down a deposit for the 2 full time spots.
I tell her that I can still watch her son but I remember her saying she wanted him to be the youngest AND i couldnt guarantee the POSSIBLE 4 days she may POSSIBLY need in the future.
She SAID I WAS UNETHICAL! Said That I never told her she needed to put down a (non refundable) deposit to hold the spot for her son (I know I did tell her because I tell EVERYONE! but why would I need to anyway since she only needed 2 days and I had plenty of room)
She said that me taking 2 full time kids to fill my quota and pushing her son out was the easy route for me to take and in her opinion, somewhat unethical!
seriously??? If youre looking at a used car and someone buys it while your "thinking about it" then thats ok? or looking at an apartment and someone acts first and gets it?? THAT'S not unethical!! BUT me making sure my family is financially secure isnt a priority?? Her convience is?? UGH!!!
Its been 2 days since this conversation and Im still boiling about it!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for letting me vent
That would make me angry, too. There is nothing unethical about filling your open spots when someone is "thinking" about it. Especially since you still have room for her child for the 2 days she originally wanted. We cannot save spots for "maybes" that could happen later!
kitykids3 12:45 PM 01-08-2013
Having 2 toddlers that only sleep 1.25 hours then wake up the other 4 kids really sucks!
Hazel 08:15 AM 01-10-2013
So my youngest is a 20 month old super ball of energy (aren't most?), a real little spit fire! Yesterday she slept very well at nap and then went to bed on time last night, no problems... But woke several times during the night and wouldn't go back to sleep easily! So she wakes this morning in a nasty mood, so dad (graduate student taking online courses) puts her back to bed and mom brings brother saying lil girl will be here later... Well she slept till 10:30!!! Happy and ready for the day, which is awesome, but I KNOW she will not nap today! And that means no one else will either! Ugh!
theycallmetaytor 09:02 PM 01-15-2013
Then and than! Then and than! I really wish people would learn the difference!

Sally went for a bike ride and THEN napped. George napped too, but his nap was shorter THAN Sally's.

Then and than! Learn it, know it!
Lyss 12:50 PM 01-16-2013
I'm so tired of blatant disrespect (even though it's always "I didn't mean it that way, i just assumed') to my time and family. People aka DCPs think all we want to do is sit around and watch their kids (and for pennies no less), that we have no life and watching other people's children is our hobby and what we do for fun.

Yes I care about the children and I like what I do but I want to spend time with my friends and family in the evenings and on weekends, not watch a DCK. I'm really starting to become bitter and not like adults in general anymore. lol!

I just had a DCP assume that taking the day off (after dropping DCK off) and going out for the evening would be fine because DCK will just stay with me (DCK is already scheduled for 11.5hrs today). There was no question of "if" I would do it, instead it was simply stated to me. I set it straight, but what bother me the most is the disrespect for me and my family's time.

Ugh! Vent over!
Play Care 01:39 PM 01-16-2013
My 3.5 yo DC boy is behaving like a first class BRAT. Whining and tantrums when he doesn't get his way, crying if someone looks at him the wrong way, etc. We have a crying spot (a cozy chair off to the corner) and honestly I felt as if he spent the day there. I expect him to help get himself ready when we go outside and he sat there screaming because I wouldn't do it for him. Every day I model appropriate behavior/interactions, I praise out the wazoo when they do well, but lately I am fighting to find something to praise for with him
Sunshine74 09:32 PM 01-16-2013
Seeing the toddlers behavior, I would have sworn it was a full moon today. The toy throwing and stealing, the fighting, tantrums. Dcb resisted nap, only slept for 45 minutes, then was miserable all afternoon. And he was spitting on his cot.

Then we have two dcg's who are potty training at the same time. They have been doing fantastic all week (last week too) and today they both had multiple accidents. And I ended up going home with a fat lip because dcg ran into my face when I was helping her get redressed after an accident. Is it Friday yet?
LoraJenkins 07:29 AM 01-17-2013
Ok....I have a 3 yr old DCG that has decided to break EVERY rule this morning. Throwing balls inside ( took the balls away), running in the house, messing with the infant playzone, hitting another DCK in the face. I swear she has spent most of the morning in time out! I ask her why she did so-and-so and I get "because". Argggggg! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and is early pick-up! (Did I mention she is an overnighter on Thursdays?)
Patches 12:41 PM 01-17-2013
Ugh!!! My whole day is thrown off! I was mmaking lunch and it was running late because my chicken was not cooking as fast as I planned. Then my doorbell rings and I couldn't get the door open because I had a safety cover over the knob. When I finally get the door open it was DHS for a visit. Got in trouble for two little things that were my fault but I feel stupid for them. Now everything is even later than it already was plus one doesn't want sleep sooo not a good nap today for anyone!!!
mema 03:22 PM 01-18-2013

The next time the dcp sends a text saying they are running behind, I am sending one back saying, great, dck will be sitting on the step waiting, I have a life too. Dcp isn't even working and still can't get here on time. Time for that to go. I couldn't even say anything I was so fuming when they picked up. Everyone else had been gone for over an hour and they said they would pick up early once they heard everyone else was. Go figure on that, but $h!t, at least be ON TIME

1. If you aren't working, there is absolutely no reason why you can't at least be here at closing, if not a few minutes early.
2. If you are running late, do not stop to pick up anything on your way-including your significant other....they can hang at work a few extra minutes.

So glad to be meeting up with a friend tonight, she may have to drive
Patches 02:34 PM 01-21-2013
I'm tired of these stay at home moms taking my business....illegally!!!
One of my neighbors has a "home daycare" (not licensed, which is illegal in my state) and her rate is $55 lower than mine PER WEEK!!
sammie 03:02 PM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
I'm tired of these stay at home moms taking my business....illegally!!!
One of my neighbors has a "home daycare" (not licensed, which is illegal in my state) and her rate is $55 lower than mine PER WEEK!!
Turn her in!!!!!
canadiancare 10:46 AM 01-23-2013
*cough* *cough* *cough* is today's naptime. No one is overly sick but they all seem to have that annoying and nagging cough that means no one gets a good rest.
providerandmomof4 12:03 PM 01-24-2013
My God...some days I feel like I could scream...both babies crying all morning. My dcb (3) refusing to change activities and then major meltdown when I turn off the tv. It goes off at the same time everyday and with warning that tv time will be over in a few minutes so we can start circle time! He then throws a kicking and screaming fit in the refocus corner for a good 30 mins....I kid you not. Done with this day!!! Dcm drops of sibling of above dcb with a "could -----only have water instead of milk? He doesn't care for milk...he's kinda like me." Ahh yea....but he's a child and needs milk....did that ever cross your mind lady? I calmly said that water is always available but I'm required to serve milk with meals. GRRRRR!
Hunni Bee 03:30 PM 01-24-2013
So 5 minutes before I walk out the door, 5 year old dcb has a massive poop accident on himself. I had to pry it out of him and was about 2 seconds from just snatching the back of his pants open. He could barely walk and was stinking to high heaven.

Then spent the next 10 minutes scrubbing it from his legs and bum....the poor thing was thoroughly embarrassed by the whole thing, but jeez...poop on a big kid at 6 pm??? Grrrr...
CozyHome 08:45 PM 01-25-2013
Your kid is not CUTE or SMART he just repeats everything he hears and we all hate him. Even you dcDad know that he's a pain in the ass but you love him. I and the other kids in the daycare that he makes insane on a daily basis do NOT love him or find him the least bit funny or adorable. Why oh why are you putting me in the position of termination and blowing you out of the water because you don't get the fact that your son is annoying, stupid, challenging and worst of all there is some type of food allergy or something that I've been gently and kindly and professionally asking you to address for the past year & 1/2 and I'm so so so so sick of the up the back/down the legs diarrhea. We HATE him, dcgirl pushes him and I have to discipline her because he's clueless about anybody else in the world. Oh it's sooooo ridiculous! Termination next month!
Angelsj 10:43 AM 01-26-2013
Originally Posted by CozyHome:
Your kid is not CUTE or SMART he just repeats everything he hears and we all hate him. Even you dcDad know that he's a pain in the ass but you love him. I and the other kids in the daycare that he makes insane on a daily basis do NOT love him or find him the least bit funny or adorable. Why oh why are you putting me in the position of termination and blowing you out of the water because you don't get the fact that your son is annoying, stupid, challenging and worst of all there is some type of food allergy or something that I've been gently and kindly and professionally asking you to address for the past year & 1/2 and I'm so so so so sick of the up the back/down the legs diarrhea. We HATE him, dcgirl pushes him and I have to discipline her because he's clueless about anybody else in the world. Oh it's sooooo ridiculous! Termination next month!
I understand this is a venting thread, but maybe you need to consider a new profession if you are using the word HATE about any child.
saved4always 10:59 AM 01-26-2013
Wow. I agree with the last poster. If you can use such harsh words about a child, no matter how challenging, this may be the wrong profession for you.
lovemykidstoo 11:39 AM 01-26-2013
Oh my goodness. I beg you to find a new line of work. This job is NOT for you. There is so much hate and anger in this post that I know that if any of your parents read this, you would not have a business. I don't wnat this to be mean, but you need some help I think. This is not a typical amount of anger in you.
Sugar Magnolia 02:04 PM 01-26-2013
This is hands down the most alarming thing I have ever read on this forum. I feel incredibly sorry for this child in your care and not the smallest shred of sympathy for you.
lolaland 03:34 PM 01-26-2013
OMG! I “saw” your hateful posts on the “Logged Out Because I Can't Stand Myself” thread... and now this...!!!! You're a bitter lady in need of vacation ...or maybe a new job!!
daycarediva 04:42 PM 01-26-2013
YOU should turn in your license ASAP. No child should be put in your care-ever. In this post alone you said these horrible things about a CHILD-

not cute
not smart
we all hate him
do not love him or find him adorable
not the least bit funny
annoying
stupid
challenging
HATE HIM
dcg pushes him (this is dcg's fault?!?)
clueless

You are a HUGE B I T C H that should not be allowed around children. Never ONCE have I thought of ANY of my daycare children this way. This post was over the top with hate.

I also recommend therapy.
daycarediva 04:45 PM 01-26-2013
At some point in time I have found almost all of my daycare kids to be a tad annoying, or challenging. They're kids, it's what they're supposed to be! I have never HATED them. I can't imagine why this poor child in your care for the last 18 months isn't thriving.... kids understand soooo much and there is no way you can mask this level of frustration and anger with a small, defenseless child.
Meeko 06:23 PM 01-26-2013
CozyHome is the wrong name for your home. Michael probably won't allow me to use the words I think accurately describe your home. I have never read such venom towards a child.

Not all children are the right fit for our daycares. But to talk like that is disgusting.
sahm2three 06:47 PM 01-26-2013
Wow. Why are you doing this job?? Is it all for the money?!?!?! Must be! I have had a rough time with some tough kids, but I can't imagine saying the things you have said! Your daycare kids deserve better than they are getting! If you feel this way, let that poor child go on and find a home where he will be loved. Sad.
Patches 07:39 PM 01-26-2013

Oh wow! I admit, I have had my fair share of kids that have tried my patience, but I have never felt this way about a child before. I think you need to take a step back and think, I mean REALLY THINK about how you would feel if someone was saying this about your child. I highly suggest you find a new profession asap. If I ever felt this way I would hope someone would say something like this to me.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 01-27-2013
You know what I find funny/odd?

I find it funny that everyone jumps to help, support and console a provider who forgets a child in a vehicle for 30 minutes but when a provider comes on that uses less than PC language about a child in their care, everyone jumps all over her!

If we are so willing to forgive, validate, console or comfort a provider who could have potentially killed a child, why can't you all find it in your hearts to offer support or help to a provider who may need it the most?

If she is using language or words towards a child that you view as mean or harmful, why not ask why? Why not ask her why she feels that way? Why not try to help?

Do you really think she HATES the child? I am sure the post was heat of the moment.

I have read some words/posts here that I don't always think are appropriate either but we all come from different walks/classes of life and I have read many providers posts using words that I find offensive or words I would never use.

I think it is the word she used that has everyone in an uproar. It IS a strong word but unless your own mouth, mind and posts are free of any judgemental thoughts and words, I think the first thing any of us should have done is tried to help this provider NOT condemn her for venting online!

Thank God she vented on-line instead of keeping those feelings bottled up inside or taking them out on the child!!

I have been a member of this forum for some time now and I am still dumbfounded at some of the things that get posted here and still even more surprised by some of the replies.

In the last week, we have had a provider come VERY close to having a tragic situation happen to her ALL due to HER own behavior and we have had a provider use the word hate about a child in her care in a venting thread and who gets the help, sympathy, kind words and support?!?!

FWIW~ I am NOT condoning either post/member's behavior but I do think there is something wrong with the world when we can comfort and support a provider who almost kills a kid but condemn one who says mean nasty things about one on-line.

We DON'T know what kind of provider Cozyhome is. She may be the most loving caring professional provider out there and because she keeps it all together for the kids and parents in her care, she HAD to come to the venting thread and get it off her chest. She may not have used the best language but at the same time, she HAD to get it off her chest. Who knows for sure. I don't. Do you?

I doubt very much that NONE of you have ever had a mean, hateful or cruel thought about another human.
Angelsj 08:54 AM 01-27-2013
I typically find myself in agreement with you BlackCat, but not here.
Look back at the post...these words were vicious, not just venting.
not cute
not smart
we all hate him
not the least bit funny
annoying
stupid
challenging
HATE HIM
clueless

We don't know what kind of provider she is, true, but the things you say, even online reflect the kind of person you are. I still think CozyHome needs to find a different career before she says something like this to a child.
I think some of the responses here are a bit over the top, but if a parent were to come here and put two and two together.. ..and the internet is forever. Parents could come here years from now.

I didn't actually comment on the "leave the kid in the car" thread, but she was contrite, scared and beating herself up. There were people who "beat her up" even so.

You also have the right to vent your feelings on all this, but I did notice you are upset with the people who called her on her vent, and you also have not asked her why she feels that way. I think sometimes we see things that just strike us as so very wrong, we need to say something. To me, it was CozyHome's post, to you, it was the lack of support you felt she was getting. Who is to say which is right or wrong?
Blackcat31 09:20 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
I typically find myself in agreement with you BlackCat, but not here.
Look back at the post...these words were vicious, not just venting.
not cute
not smart
we all hate him
not the least bit funny
annoying
stupid
challenging
HATE HIM
clueless
?
I will repeat. I am NOT condoning her words or supporting her.

We don't know what kind of provider she is, true, but the things you say, even online reflect the kind of person you are. I still think CozyHome needs to find a different career before she says something like this to a child.
I agree with you. The things we say on line reflect the type of person you are. I 100% agree.

But that leaves me wondering what type of person supports a provider who forgets a child and then sweeps it under the rug.

I didn't actually comment on the "leave the kid in the car" thread, but she was contrite, scared and beating herself up. There were people who "beat her up" even so.
It wasn't the providers original post that got me. It was the covering up and the "yah! glad your parents are all ok with it", line of thinking that got me going.

The general acceptance that parents are ok with it and that the provider was going to do the wrong thing and the fact other providers supported her in that decision.

You also have the right to vent your feelings on all this, but I did notice you are upset with the people who called her on her vent, and you also have not asked her why she feels that way. I think sometimes we see things that just strike us as so very wrong, we need to say something. To me, it was CozyHome's post, to you, it was the lack of support you felt she was getting. Who is to say which is right or wrong?
I am NOT at all upset that people called her (Cozyhome) out on her vent.
I stated very clearly that I don't agree with her and don't condone her words.

I am upset that posters will support a provider who is clearly in the wrong (and continuing to do wrong, as far as we know to date) and offer her words of comfort and understanding but yet will condemn a provider for her words.

My confusion and feelings of disappointment have NOTHING to do with Cozyhome. She just happened to make a post that allowed me to continue to express my lack of understanding in regards to the replies in the other thread.

This was in reality, not really about Cozyhome herself at all. I do have my own thoughts and feelings about her post. I also reached out to both members privately as I feel if one troubled, confused provider deserves help and support in this crazy, confusing world of child care....then they ALL do.

I am simply confused as to what constitutes a situation worthy of support, comfort and help and what type of situation garners harsh words, judgement and condemnation.
providerandmomof4 10:21 AM 01-27-2013
I think the reason Cozyhome was met with such hostility is the fact that she wasn't looking for support. She was looking to vent. If she had posted how she was really beginning to dislike this child because of such and such behaviors and she didn't know how to address the situation. EVERYTHING would be different. I myself have felt like I was overwhelmed by a child's behavior. I have told dh that I didn't like feeling this way about a child and something had to change, either with the behavior...or the daycare fit. I think that had the OP posted differently...in a sincere attempt to get help..rather than her heat of the moment thoughts.....she would've been received much differently. Just my thoughts...
Sugar Magnolia 10:49 AM 01-27-2013
Blackcat, I too found her word choice SO SHOCKING that I just couldn't get past the words "we hate you." I can definitely find kind words and supportive advice to people that say things like "this child's out of control behavior is stressing me out..... I am at my wits end.....
I need to terminate a child because I feel I can't work with them anymore.....etc" . I simply can't support this particular poster because her words about the child were so cruel, so over the top mean, my sympathy evaporated. She gave the industry a black eye. Why not this? :
" I need to vent about a child that has terrible behaviors X, Y and Z! The father won't address an ongoing diarrhea issue, my other dck's can't get along with him and are also stressed by his behavior, I want to term this child.......etc" I feel I can help with that. I can't help with, "hate" or "stupid", and worst of all, her apparent annoyance with the fact that "dcd loves him." I can appreciate that you feel she deserves some help here, but I honestly feel she needs professional,.psychological help that none of us are qualified to give. I have to agree she should seek anger management help or find another line of work.
Sugar Magnolia 11:05 AM 01-27-2013
BC, in reference to the child left in a van post, I too feel that the OP likely didn't do the right thing and report herself or the incident. I do feel she swept it under the rug and we won't ever know what happened. This is very sad. I was not very supportive there either I guess, mostly because I live in a hot climate and have seen too many stories on the news about horrible deaths.
Angelsj 11:13 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
But that leaves me wondering what type of person supports a provider who forgets a child and then sweeps it under the rug.

It wasn't the providers original post that got me. It was the covering up and the "yah! glad your parents are all ok with it", line of thinking that got me going.

The general acceptance that parents are ok with it and that the provider was going to do the wrong thing and the fact other providers supported her in that decision.
I cannot argue this at all. Being supportive is one thing; supporting wrongdoing is totally another. People were speaking up to the wrongdoing, however. I think sometimes you get people who go along with a line of thinking without really thinking, KWIM?

However, while CozyHome may need support, and kudos to you for reaching out to her, I also think parents coming here need to see providers policing our own, standing up to say, "If you feel this way about ANY child, you should probably check out a new career."
I do not think some of the replies were necessary, or show professionalism, and that does disturb me.
I agree with Sugar Magnolia as well. If she had come seeking help or sympathy, perhaps, but this kind of venom calls for a stronger response.

On a side note, looking at the response to Michael in the other thread, and some of CozyHome's other posts, I have to wonder if we are being trolled. Eighty three is a lot of posts to have, but it is possible.
Angelsj 11:17 AM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
BC, in reference to the child left in a van post, I too feel that the OP likely didn't do the right thing and report herself or the incident. I do feel she swept it under the rug and we won't ever know what happened. This is very sad. I was not very supportive there either I guess, mostly because I live in a hot climate and have seen too many stories on the news about horrible deaths.
This is why I kept quiet, because I could not have been supportive. I feel her pain, we can all make mistakes, but it is just so dangerous. My mind keeps going over all the horrible things that could have happened, so I just stayed out of it.
saved4always 01:06 PM 01-27-2013
While I did read some of the child left in van post referred to above, I did not post any opinion on it. By the time I got there to read it, there was already plenty of replies and I didn't feel the need to add mine. For the record though, I don't condone that provider's actions either. Most likely, she did not do the right thing and report it to liscensing and I am not convinced she actually told her parents the whole truth. I cannot imagine all of them being so ok with a child being left in a car alone for over half an hour.
BumbleBee 01:47 PM 01-27-2013
While I don't know CozyHome personally I feel like I have to speak up.

I read her vent above & thought "wow she sounds stressed." I don't know if this is true or not but that was my first thought. I'm glad she chose to vent on a venting thread with words rather than keep it to herself for fear of judgement. Perhaps someone else will read it & know they are not alone in feeling this way.

Given CozyHome's vent it sounds like the frustration has been building and she is at a point where there is no other option but to term. Perhaps she would LOVE to term this child immediately but policies/finances/life will not allow her to until next month. It sounds like this "parent out to lunch" doesn't get it & that's adding to the frustration. I don't doubt for a second that she has tried. Sounds like something happened or many things happened all at once and it got to the breaking point-instead of lashing out at the kids, parents, family she came here and used words.

I've gone back and read her vent a few times and I keep thinking "stressed, angry, upset, frustrated" for all we know she has been trying and trying and trying to get this child help and it's gotten to the point where she has no other choice but to term. Maybe she feels like failure that she can't help this child because dcd is la-de-da. She said it herself "leaving me no other choice but to terminate" and "blowing you out of the water." To me that sounds like "I've tried and tried. I can't do anymore & I HATE that! I WANT to help this child but nobody will listen to me. WHY CAN'T I HELP HIM? Am I not good enough?????" Maybe she's helped countless kids and this is one that she truly believes can be helped but "nobody sees it but her" and she's doubting herself. Maybe she's so frustrated about having to dicipline dcg when she pushes this kid because she's worked and worked on personal space with dcb but since nobody else does it's like starting over at square one every single day.

I know I'm in the minority but the language used doesn't bother me because they are WRITTEN. If I witnessed someone SAYING those things to a child it would be a whole different ballgame.

My point is we don't know the whole story. Just my 2 cents.
lolaland 03:10 PM 01-27-2013
This is the reason I felt no sympathy for “Cozyhome” when I read her vent:

In a time frame of less than 5 minutes I read her post saying this on “Logged Out Because I Can't Stand Myself”... - “WTF? I was here last week and the story has completely changed. The provider said she left the child in a freezing van for 30 minutes last week. Now it says 5 minutes? Why the lies?”

Right after on the same thread she says this to Michael: - “Wow, if anybody ever made me doubt your professionalism, this just proved their point. Wow. Money is your deal!”

And right after I checked the venting thread and I read this: - “Your kid is not CUTE or SMART he just repeats everything he hears and we all hate him. Even you dcDad know that he's a pain in the ass but you love him. I and the other kids in the daycare that he makes insane on a daily basis do NOT love him or find him the least bit funny or adorable. Why oh why are you putting me in the position of termination and blowing you out of the water because you don't get the fact that your son is annoying, stupid, challenging and worst of all there is some type of food allergy or something that I've been gently and kindly and professionally asking you to address for the past year & 1/2 and I'm so so so so sick of the up the back/down the legs diarrhea. We HATE him, dcgirl pushes him and I have to discipline her because he's clueless about anybody else in the world. Oh it's sooooo ridiculous! Termination next month!”

...so at that time I do not see a daycare provider frustrated with a dificult child and needing support! I see a person ANGRY at the world in general!! ...her online “attacks” makes me wonder how she deals with frustration in a daily basis...?
Former Teacher 04:30 PM 01-27-2013
On a side note, looking at the response to Michael in the other thread, and some of CozyHome's other posts, I have to wonder if we are being trolled. Eighty three is a lot of posts to have, but it is possible.
I am SO glad that I am not the only one who thought this.
lovemykidstoo 04:44 PM 01-27-2013
It is interesting to a point BC. I was actually going to reply to the OP, but then I read the message from cozyhome and I totally got sidetracked. I do absolutely think it's terrible that you are missing a child for 30 minutes and don't know it. With the right conditions that child would absolutely be dead. You can bet if that happened to me, I would be calling my consultant and letting her know. I don't care if my parents were "ok" with it or not.

Now, about cozyhome. I said that she should find a line of work and get help because it wasn't just a word for me. It was the underlying hatred and anger that was behind the post. That was not a typical mad thread that we all post from time to time. That was some serious, over the top anger and I hope that she does what I suggested and that was to step back and get help.
Blackcat31 05:06 PM 01-27-2013
I get that you are all trying to give me your perspective on what you thought or think of CozyHome but her post wasn't what got me going in the first place.....(See my reply to Angelsj) But now that it has been brought up here is my 2 cents:

NONE of you asked her what was up. NONE of you asked her why she was so angry. NONE of you asked about the circumstances or the details of her post. NONE of you offered any type of support.

I was not tying in her post to Michael about money or any of her other posts.

But still, as Lolaland pointed out, they all happened within a small time frame on the same day. Maybe she had a really bad day. Maybe her dog died, maybe she just got a foreclosure notice.
Obviously, she was very angry at the time of her post(s) and that is what is showing through. Maybe she kept it all together and was super professional all week and finally let it all out after hours..... Maybe she had a few galsses of wine before posting.....I have no idea as I cannot speak for her but I do know that I have been angry before in my life. I have been so angry that I was steaming mad and out of my head. We all have.

I also have no issue with the word hate either. She didn't say it to a child. She said it about a child. BIG difference. When my own kids were mad at me when they were young, they said they hated me but I knew it was their frustration and lack of maturity that spawned their words.

Again, I am NOT condoning Cozyhome's words or her aggressiveness but she vented in a venting thread and the way I see it......it was just a vent. She didn't want anything more than to just get it out and off her chest.
I have kept a journal all my life and if anyone read my venting words, you would think I was crazy.....

But anyways, back to my point.....MY vent wasn't about Cozyhome in the first place. It was about the other thread and the double standard some posters have in regards to who is and isn't worthy of our support, advice and a hand out to help them....NO MATTER what kind of situation they are in.
itlw8 06:00 PM 01-27-2013
Is it not just as bad to say hateful things to someone one this board compared to them saying the word hate several times.

no one here is perfect. We all need to be more tackful in my opinion
countrymom 06:17 PM 01-27-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
While I don't know CozyHome personally I feel like I have to speak up.

I read her vent above & thought "wow she sounds stressed." I don't know if this is true or not but that was my first thought. I'm glad she chose to vent on a venting thread with words rather than keep it to herself for fear of judgement. Perhaps someone else will read it & know they are not alone in feeling this way.

Given CozyHome's vent it sounds like the frustration has been building and she is at a point where there is no other option but to term. Perhaps she would LOVE to term this child immediately but policies/finances/life will not allow her to until next month. It sounds like this "parent out to lunch" doesn't get it & that's adding to the frustration. I don't doubt for a second that she has tried. Sounds like something happened or many things happened all at once and it got to the breaking point-instead of lashing out at the kids, parents, family she came here and used words.

I've gone back and read her vent a few times and I keep thinking "stressed, angry, upset, frustrated" for all we know she has been trying and trying and trying to get this child help and it's gotten to the point where she has no other choice but to term. Maybe she feels like failure that she can't help this child because dcd is la-de-da. She said it herself "leaving me no other choice but to terminate" and "blowing you out of the water." To me that sounds like "I've tried and tried. I can't do anymore & I HATE that! I WANT to help this child but nobody will listen to me. WHY CAN'T I HELP HIM? Am I not good enough?????" Maybe she's helped countless kids and this is one that she truly believes can be helped but "nobody sees it but her" and she's doubting herself. Maybe she's so frustrated about having to dicipline dcg when she pushes this kid because she's worked and worked on personal space with dcb but since nobody else does it's like starting over at square one every single day.

I know I'm in the minority but the language used doesn't bother me because they are WRITTEN. If I witnessed someone SAYING those things to a child it would be a whole different ballgame.

My point is we don't know the whole story. Just my 2 cents.
I totally agree with this post.
I don't understand why we need to love or tolerate every child, seriously why can't we hate some of them. I'm also so sick of hearing "well you shouldn't be doing this job blah blah blah" when someone posts negative, well why is ok for a daycare provider to provide care when their own child is terrorizing the other children and putting them in danger, why is it ok to continue care when you have issues with every single one of your families. And all we say is "well then clean house and get a new family"

this is a women who has had enough, and no one wants to help her anymore. I've had kids that came thru my home that I couldn't stand, but I did, I thought I could change them, nope. I so understand what she is saying. I also don't understand how you can support someone who put a child in danger and compare it to a provider who hates her dck (I don't think she tells him she hates him) jee thats just messed up.
julie 07:13 PM 01-27-2013
You know what I find funny/odd?

I find it funny that everyone jumps to help, support and console a provider who forgets a child in a vehicle for 30 minutes but when a provider comes on that uses less than PC language about a child in their care, everyone jumps all over her!

If we are so willing to forgive, validate, console or comfort a provider who could have potentially killed a child, why can't you all find it in your hearts to offer support or help to a provider who may need it the most?

If she is using language or words towards a child that you view as mean or harmful, why not ask why? Why not ask her why she feels that way? Why not try to help?

Do you really think she HATES the child? I am sure the post was heat of the moment.

I have read some words/posts here that I don't always think are appropriate either but we all come from different walks/classes of life and I have read many providers posts using words that I find offensive or words I would never use.

I think it is the word she used that has everyone in an uproar. It IS a strong word but unless your own mouth, mind and posts are free of any judgemental thoughts and words, I think the first thing any of us should have done is tried to help this provider NOT condemn her for venting online!

Thank God she vented on-line instead of keeping those feelings bottled up inside or taking them out on the child!!

I have been a member of this forum for some time now and I am still dumbfounded at some of the things that get posted here and still even more surprised by some of the replies.

In the last week, we have had a provider come VERY close to having a tragic situation happen to her ALL due to HER own behavior and we have had a provider use the word hate about a child in her care in a venting thread and who gets the help, sympathy, kind words and support?!?!

FWIW~ I am NOT condoning either post/member's behavior but I do think there is something wrong with the world when we can comfort and support a provider who almost kills a kid but condemn one who says mean nasty things about one on-line.

We DON'T know what kind of provider Cozyhome is. She may be the most loving caring professional provider out there and because she keeps it all together for the kids and parents in her care, she HAD to come to the venting thread and get it off her chest. She may not have used the best language but at the same time, she HAD to get it off her chest. Who knows for sure. I don't. Do you?

I doubt very much that NONE of you have ever had a mean, hateful or cruel thought about another human.
Yes, yes and yes! This and Trummynme hit the nail on the head. I can't believe the judgements I am reading here and the double standards!

For the one that said it is important to "police" each other so the parents can see that we are doing so, I will tell you that "policing" and "witch hunt" are two different things. Police generally conduct some sort of investigation. From the content of your posts, CozyHome was tried, judged, and found guilty before she even passed go. I would be more inclined to see if she just had a bad day. She picked a "venting thread" and posted a vent. Some people need an outlet on a bad day. Maybe it was the 100th bad day in a row and she had tried her best but it still couldn't save this kid. I bet she won't be back. Thanks to all of you who possibly removed a much needed outlet for her. Now the hatred and resentment can build up inside, which we all know is so much better for everyone (note-that last sentence is sarcastic).
Angelsj 05:15 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by julie:
I can't believe the judgements I am reading here and the double standards!
And you are now doing what, exactly?

You have no way of knowing what may have happened in the background, or who may have reached out privately. Some of the words were a little harsh, but the one "suggesting we police our own" was also the one who simply suggested that maybe she might want to consider a different career if she has reached that point, something I would hope someone would suggest to me if I ever started feeling that way about the kids. And who did not post at all on the kid in the car thread, BECAUSE I could not be supportive of the poster, and the encouragement to report herself was already there.

Speaking gently to some incredibly harsh and cruel words is not really what I would call either judgement or double standards. YOU may see them as venting, *I* see them as a potential for abuse. If an adult is willing to say this in public, experience has shown me that they will say MUCH worse in private. She should, at the very least, let this little one go now, even if it were to cause some financial strain. The environment is not a healthy one. Even little babies know if you don't like them.
MyAngels 06:37 AM 01-28-2013
First of all, kudos to CozyHome for not logging out to post what she surely must have known would be a controversial post.

I agree with the PPs who have said that we don't have to be in love with every child in our care. I've loved some of the kids that I've cared for, I've liked most of the kids that I've cared for, and yes, there have been a few that I just didn't click with, for whatever reason.

I have never "hated" any child that I've cared for, and that's where I take issue with CozyHome's post. I think it is unethical to continue to accept payment from a family when you "hate" their child. It's my personal opinion that you cannot provide top notch care to a child if you have the type of feelings that she describes toward a child. IMO it's fraud, plain and simple.
julie 06:57 AM 01-28-2013
And you are now doing what, exactly?

You have no way of knowing what may have happened in the background, or who may have reached out privately. Some of the words were a little harsh, but the one "suggesting we police our own" was also the one who simply suggested that maybe she might want to consider a different career if she has reached that point, something I would hope someone would suggest to me if I ever started feeling that way about the kids. And who did not post at all on the kid in the car thread, BECAUSE I could not be supportive of the poster, and the encouragement to report herself was already there.

Speaking gently to some incredibly harsh and cruel words is not really what I would call either judgement or double standards. YOU may see them as venting, *I* see them as a potential for abuse. If an adult is willing to say this in public, experience has shown me that they will say MUCH worse in private. She should, at the very least, let this little one go now, even if it were to cause some financial strain. The environment is not a healthy one. Even little babies know if you don't like them.
I am not condoning her behavior and actually agree that little one may be better off not in her care. However, I did note that she was posting in a VENTING thread, so maybe she just needed to get that off her chest.

The knee-jerk responses I read included some of the following:
*YOU should turn in your license ASAP. No child should be put in your care-ever.
*You are a HUGE B I T C H that should not be allowed around children.
*I also recommend therapy.
*You're a bitter lady in need of vacation ...or maybe a new job!!
*I feel incredibly sorry for this child in your care and not the smallest shred of sympathy for you.
*I know that if any of your parents read this, you would not have a business. I don't wnat this to be mean, but you need some help I think.
*We don't know what kind of provider she is, true, but the things you say, even online reflect the kind of person you are.

That last quote was from you. And the group of them together are not exactly gentle towards this provider. So what is your logic here? Shall I not judge these providers for immediately telling the poster she needs psychological help, a new profession, that she is a huge B I T C H and should never be around children? None of you asked what brought her to that point. I am simply saying I would look into a post like that a bit more before I tried, judged and convicted someone who made the conscious choice to vent on a venting thread.

Also, you're right, I don't know who reached out to her in private. Maybe all of the people that wrote her harsh words in this post actually reached out with a nice message in private. I am doubting this, and will probably go along with your other line of logic that says "People that will say these things will actually SAY MUCH WORSE IN PRIVATE." So maybe she got a boatload more hateful messages in her inbox, who knows?

I think that post was a cry for help. No one IN PUBLIC looked into it for the first little bit, just judgements. Do you really think she will find another line of work? Or do you think she will just stop posting and not have an outlet for her frustrations? How exactly does that help anyone?

And FWIW, I can understand her one post about Michael. I don't know the man and what his intentions were with that post, but commenting on the 100th post on a thread where a child COULD HAVE DIED, on a site that he owns and does make money off of the site traffic is AT THE VERY LEAST, in very poor taste. Maybe just an error in judgement on his part, I hope so.
lovemykidstoo 07:03 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by julie:
I am not condoning her behavior and actually agree that little one may be better off not in her care. However, I did note that she was posting in a VENTING thread, so maybe she just needed to get that off her chest.

The knee-jerk responses I read included some of the following:
*YOU should turn in your license ASAP. No child should be put in your care-ever.
*You are a HUGE B I T C H that should not be allowed around children.
*I also recommend therapy.
*You're a bitter lady in need of vacation ...or maybe a new job!!
*I feel incredibly sorry for this child in your care and not the smallest shred of sympathy for you.
*I know that if any of your parents read this, you would not have a business. I don't wnat this to be mean, but you need some help I think.
*We don't know what kind of provider she is, true, but the things you say, even online reflect the kind of person you are.

That last quote was from you. And the group of them together are not exactly gentle towards this provider. So what is your logic here? Shall I not judge these providers for immediately telling the poster she needs psychological help, a new profession, that she is a huge B I T C H and should never be around children? None of you asked what brought her to that point. I am simply saying I would look into a post like that a bit more before I tried, judged and convicted someone who made the conscious choice to vent on a venting thread.

Also, you're right, I don't know who reached out to her in private. Maybe all of the people that wrote her harsh words in this post actually reached out with a nice message in private. I am doubting this, and will probably go along with your other line of logic that says "People that will say these things will actually SAY MUCH WORSE IN PRIVATE." So maybe she got a boatload more hateful messages in her inbox, who knows?

I think that post was a cry for help. No one IN PUBLIC looked into it for the first little bit, just judgements. Do you really think she will find another line of work? Or do you think she will just stop posting and not have an outlet for her frustrations? How exactly does that help anyone?

And FWIW, I can understand her one post about Michael. I don't know the man and what his intentions were with that post, but commenting on the 100th post on a thread where a child COULD HAVE DIED, on a site that he owns and does make money off of the site traffic is AT THE VERY LEAST, in very poor taste. Maybe just an error in judgement on his part, I hope so.
I am one of the ones that suggested that she get help. Can you tell me what in the world is wrong with that? You don't think that she could use some counseling? You can FEEL the anger in her post. She is having a problem and needs professional help with that. Coming to a board and venting to people that she doesn't know may help/hurt at first, but this type of intense frustration and anger IMO needs someone that knows exactly what to do to help her. Saying that she hates him, that he is stupid, that everyone hates him. Can you only imagine the feelings and vibes that this child is getting from her? Yup, you're right, there is more to the story, but I truly belive she needs help. I don't see anything at all in suggesting that.

I also dont' get the continued noting of Michael's post. Call me stupid, I'm not seeing what the big deal is about that.
Country Kids 07:19 AM 01-28-2013
It sounds to me that CozyHome is more then likely dealing with a special needs child. Also, it sounds as if the parents aren't either accepting it or just trying to ignore everything she has said.

WE ALL of at one time or another dealt on an issue with a child that falls on deaf ears with parents. I have read many, many posts about this and not everyone uses words as Cozyhome did but in some of those you can feel it or read it between the lines. Everyone knows how frustrating that can be!

It takes a whole, whole lot of patience to work with a special needs child. Whether it is an ADD child or something more severe. I know parents that really don't have the patience but a provider that has mulitiple children to watch is suppose to have the patience of a saint. Its hard to work with a child if A. you don't know exactly what wrong with them B. The parents don't want to acknowlege the fact something maybe wrong.

I'm sure not one of us has never not had a bad day with doing childcare. Do we say we "Hate children?" Probably not, but I'm sure there are days we would like to have some adult conversation, not to have to battle parents/children, not to have to be so strict with everything that we seem like an uncaring person, etc.

It sounds like this child is more then Cozyhomes whole childcare (down to the children) are struggling with this child. Think back to when you all have had a difficult child and how it changed the dynamics of your childcare and how it made everyone feel. You may not have said you "hated" the child but I bet you were frustrated at times and maybe even wrote a post about it. Go back and check and see how you worded it, what others said, and deep down how you were really feeling.

Please remember there is no "perfect" in the world, no matter how hard we all try-
Play Care 07:39 AM 01-28-2013
And back to venting...

I have a 2 yo dc girl whose favorite word is "NO!" She has a hard time coming in - will scream at the others to leave her alone, don't talk to her, etc. My "crying" spot is in the main room, but off to the corner. So when I direct her there until she's ready, the others can still see her. Which leads to more hollering about not looking at her, etc. I don't feel comfortable sending her outside of view and since I'm trying to get breakfast and can't really supervise.

My almost 4 yo boy has become so whiny and defiant it's unreal. His new thing when he doesn't get his way is to tell me he hates it here and wants to go home. I've had him since he was an infant. When I have to speak to him about something he gives me a "HMMMM!" And turns away... He spends a good part of the day at the crying chair because if someone looks at him the wrong way he burts in to huge crocodile tears (and yes, I call crocodile since they go away as soon as he sees something fun he wants to do...) And he is always complaining about his clothing, his shoes, his head hurts, his this or that hurt. And if he's truly ill I want to be senstive to that, but I think some where along the line he got the idea that being hurt or ill was a good way to get attention (I have my sytem for making sure kids are getting positive attention throughout the day, so I know he is) I'm at a loss. Mom was thrilled because he recieved a good preschool report, but he's there two days for a couple hours.

Bottom line - I am tired of the whining, crying, being mean to friends, etc. And I feel like I'm doing everything "right" and there is no changes.
mamac 08:07 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
And back to venting...

When I have to speak to him about something he gives me a "HMMMM!" And turns away... .
Sorry no vent here but your post made me laugh! This sounds exactly like my ds! Does he cross his arms and pout, too?
Play Care 08:44 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Sorry no vent here but your post made me laugh! This sounds exactly like my ds! Does he cross his arms and pout, too?
HAHA YES!!!

I have heard other providers say that when they have dc children from infancy it's almost like having their "own" kids present. It's one of the reasons I prefer to start kids around 1. Old enough to know I'm not mom, but young enough to have some decent bonding time.
daycarediva 09:04 AM 01-28-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
And back to venting...

I have a 2 yo dc girl whose favorite word is "NO!" She has a hard time coming in - will scream at the others to leave her alone, don't talk to her, etc. My "crying" spot is in the main room, but off to the corner. So when I direct her there until she's ready, the others can still see her. Which leads to more hollering about not looking at her, etc. I don't feel comfortable sending her outside of view and since I'm trying to get breakfast and can't really supervise.

My almost 4 yo boy has become so whiny and defiant it's unreal. His new thing when he doesn't get his way is to tell me he hates it here and wants to go home. I've had him since he was an infant. When I have to speak to him about something he gives me a "HMMMM!" And turns away... He spends a good part of the day at the crying chair because if someone looks at him the wrong way he burts in to huge crocodile tears (and yes, I call crocodile since they go away as soon as he sees something fun he wants to do...) And he is always complaining about his clothing, his shoes, his head hurts, his this or that hurt. And if he's truly ill I want to be senstive to that, but I think some where along the line he got the idea that being hurt or ill was a good way to get attention (I have my sytem for making sure kids are getting positive attention throughout the day, so I know he is) I'm at a loss. Mom was thrilled because he recieved a good preschool report, but he's there two days for a couple hours.

Bottom line - I am tired of the whining, crying, being mean to friends, etc. And I feel like I'm doing everything "right" and there is no changes.
I have the twin to your 2year old dcg!

She says "I hate you" one by one to the kids in the cry spot. She tells them to shut up, don't look at her, go away, don't touch that, etc. It's over the top. As soon as she calms down & is ready to get out of the corner, I have her apologize to all of her friends for her mean words. I also tell the other kids that we can't hear her in the cry spot. So they all ignore her now. At first it escalated it, but now they say "I can't hear you mean fwien words in the cwy spot!" (LOL) and it usually gets dcg to be quiet.
BumbleBee 07:07 PM 01-28-2013
9pm Monday

Dcp: "Hey can dck come tomorrow from 6-4?" -unscheduled day for dck

Me: "I only have a morning spot tomorrow. Dck can come from 6-noon."

Dcp: "Guess I'll have to call into work tomorrow." -in THAT tone

Me: "Okay, see you on *next scheduled day*"

*click*
Angelsj 07:18 PM 01-28-2013
9pm Monday

Dcp: "Hey can dck come tomorrow from 6-4?" -unscheduled day for dck

Me: "I only have a morning spot tomorrow. Dck can come from 6-noon."

Dcp: "Guess I'll have to call into work tomorrow." -in THAT tone

Me: "Okay, see you on *next scheduled day*"

*click*
This morning I got this text from a drop in client. "Kids wont be there today as I changed my appointment. Thanks"

Um, I didn't know your kids were coming in the first place.
2- I have a full house today (no school) and you have three kids, so I guess it is a good thing??

Gotta wonder what they are thinking sometimes.
mamac 09:47 AM 01-29-2013
@#$%^&* telemarketers!!!! I'm not even officially open for business yet but my phone is ringing off the hook with business offers that I have absolutely no interest in. And they are so persistent! I tried being polite to the first few saying "Thank you, but I'm not interested. Please remove my number from your calling list." I had one that slammed the phone down on me and called me back two seconds later and hung up again with me mid-sentence telling her still not interested... Now this guy "No wait! Just listen to me! Let me explain the benefits......." No thanks GI Joe. I don't want to accept credit card payments..... Sheesh! I am truly regretting having put in a "business" line. Should have just stuck with a residential only listing!!!!
NeedaVaca 10:23 AM 01-29-2013
Every state has a no call list, you should get on that and then you won't get anymore of these annoying phone calls!!
MyAngels 10:44 AM 01-29-2013
@#$%^&* telemarketers!!!! I'm not even officially open for business yet but my phone is ringing off the hook with business offers that I have absolutely no interest in. And they are so persistent! I tried being polite to the first few saying "Thank you, but I'm not interested. Please remove my number from your calling list." I had one that slammed the phone down on me and called me back two seconds later and hung up again with me mid-sentence telling her still not interested... Now this guy "No wait! Just listen to me! Let me explain the benefits......." No thanks GI Joe. I don't want to accept credit card payments..... Sheesh! I am truly regretting having put in a "business" line. Should have just stuck with a residential only listing!!!!
Two words: Call Block
Blackcat31 10:46 AM 01-29-2013
Telemarketers do suck but just wait until you get "Rachel from card services" calling

I don't even have a credit card and you can't talk to someone live to have them remove you from their call list and being on the national "do not call" list doesn't exclude you from getting calls from Rachel
saved4always 11:22 AM 01-29-2013
Telemarketers do suck but just wait until you get "Rachel from card services" calling

I don't even have a credit card and you can't talk to someone live to have them remove you from their call list and being on the national "do not call" list doesn't exclude you from getting calls from Rachel
Rachel calls me all the time, too. I find it hilarious when she tells me that "there is currently no problem with your account"....no duh , could that be because I pay my credit card in full every month?
BumbleBee 11:31 AM 01-29-2013
This morning I got this text from a drop in client. "Kids wont be there today as I changed my appointment. Thanks"

Um, I didn't know your kids were coming in the first place.
2- I have a full house today (no school) and you have three kids, so I guess it is a good thing??

Gotta wonder what they are thinking sometimes.
They aren't!
NeedaVaca 11:35 AM 01-29-2013
Funny about Rachel- or maybe I should say not so funny!! A relative of mine actually works for a company that has something to do with the no call list and they evidently can't find a way to trace this company, I can't remember the whole story but yep, you can't stop Rachel! If a company is caught there is something like a $10,000 fine but for some reason this company is getting through the system
Country Kids 11:44 AM 01-29-2013
We haven't used our card for YEARS and yet they still continue to call. A friend of mine closed their accounts out and it totally messed their credit up. They couldn't even qualify for a refi and they had no debt to income/late payments/anything. It all had to do with closing out their credit cards-
mamac 12:08 PM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Every state has a no call list, you should get on that and then you won't get anymore of these annoying phone calls!!
I did list my number with the "Do Not Call" registry but from what I can see it only applies to residential and cell numbers. Hopefully it will work for my business line though! :fingers crossed!:

Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Two words: Call Block
I wish I had that. I got the absolute cheapest plan they had JUST so I would have a landline phone for emergencies. No caller ID. No call waiting. Nothing. I have to pay per minute for outgoing calls.... I haven't had a landline in years but I figured I'd go the business route for the yellow page listing.

..."Rachel from card services" ....
Originally Posted by saved4always:
Rachel calls me all the time, too....
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Funny about Rachel.... you can't stop Rachel!
I'm scared now!!! Who is this Rachel demon???

Originally Posted by Country Kids:
We haven't used our card for YEARS and yet they still continue to call.....
Just what I'm looking forward to....
mema 06:14 PM 01-29-2013
I have a family that is attached to their pacifiers. I should say dcm & dcd are attached to them. The older child doesn't get it at all at my house and the younger one has only been using it at nap. The younger one can actually say "ball"! Dcm came to pick up and I was trying to get him to say it. He was babbling away and she took the paci from the bag and stuck it in his mouth. Then took the other one out of her pocket and stuck it in the older ones mouth. Seriously. Neither one was crying or fussing or anything. Let.them.talk. Oh, and the things are just nasty. You wonder why they are constantly sick-you don't clean them.
Patches 06:28 PM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
I have a family that is attached to their pacifiers. I should say dcm & dcd are attached to them. The older child doesn't get it at all at my house and the younger one has only been using it at nap. The younger one can actually say "ball"! Dcm came to pick up and I was trying to get him to say it. He was babbling away and she took the paci from the bag and stuck it in his mouth. Then took the other one out of her pocket and stuck it in the older ones mouth. Seriously. Neither one was crying or fussing or anything. Let.them.talk. Oh, and the things are just nasty. You wonder why they are constantly sick-you don't clean them.
Ooooh that makes me so mad! I once had a one year old that "had to have the paci" Yeah right! He didn't take it at all during the day. Not even nap. Well he had two older siblings and mom came to pick up one day and said, "The are not going to be here tomorrow. Dcb (older brother) is having oral surgery." As she's saying this, she grabs dcbs (1yo) pacifier and pops it in his mouth. He wasn't upset or asking for it. Just standing there quietly.
NeedaVaca 07:19 PM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
We haven't used our card for YEARS and yet they still continue to call. A friend of mine closed their accounts out and it totally messed their credit up. They couldn't even qualify for a refi and they had no debt to income/late payments/anything. It all had to do with closing out their credit cards-
Yep, never cancel credit cards, just file them away and don't use them. It really hurts your credit to cancel them...
Angelsj 05:44 AM 01-30-2013
Originally Posted by :
I'm scared now!!! Who is this Rachel demon???

I get calls from her too. I suspect your time will come
lovemykidstoo 06:16 AM 01-30-2013
Don't get me started on teh pacifiers. I hate it when parents say that they're trying to wein the child off the paci and they're totally fine all day without it and the first thing they do is give it back when they walk through the door. Hate that!!!

Card services call here ALL the time!! I hate them! Next time they call though I'm going to mess with them. I'm going to tell them that I have about $30,000 in credit card debt and go through the whole process (with fake information) and then at the end say, oh I was just wasting your time, how does it feel?! Can't wait! The first question they is how much credit card to you have, so they must be a credit consoladation company.
lovemykidstoo 06:24 AM 01-30-2013
You guys are NOT going to believe this, but the card services are on the phone right now!! I clicked on 1 and have a operator. She asked me about 4 questions and I told her that I owed about $35,000 in credit cards (which I don't) and then asked me what my balance was on the one card and I asked her if she could hold while I looked and then just sat the phone down!!! I don't know if she's still on the line or not. Bwahahaha!!
Patches 06:35 AM 01-30-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
You guys are NOT going to believe this, but the card services are on the phone right now!! I clicked on 1 and have a operator. She asked me about 4 questions and I told her that I owed about $35,000 in credit cards (which I don't) and then asked me what my balance was on the one card and I asked her if she could hold while I looked and then just sat the phone down!!! I don't know if she's still on the line or not. Bwahahaha!!
That's hilarious!
lovemykidstoo 06:38 AM 01-30-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
That's hilarious!
Isn't it funny! Made my day. I could absolutely not believe it when I was just on here talking about them and the phone rings. I though, wouldnt' that be funny if it was them and sure as sh** it was!!! I put the phone on the counter and was with the kids and every few seconds I would yell, just a minute I'm lookiing bwahahaha!! I don't know how long she stayed on. I eventually just went and hung up. I'm going to do that every single time. Maybe that will get rid of them.!!
countrymom 06:52 AM 01-30-2013
I have found that they call when I happen to be online or just got off the computer. Its like its certain sites that are tracing my number.

recheck the do not call list, ours expires every 3 yrs I just redid it last week

also, the ones with the credit card, you need to ask them which cc they are talking about. Don't give out your info but aske them for it.

also, I have given the phone to the dck's to talk to the telemarketers, its so funny because they holler mummy daddy into the phone.

do you guys get the boat calling you, telling you that you won a cruise, I get it all the time.
lovemykidstoo 07:08 AM 01-30-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I have found that they call when I happen to be online or just got off the computer. Its like its certain sites that are tracing my number.

recheck the do not call list, ours expires every 3 yrs I just redid it last week

also, the ones with the credit card, you need to ask them which cc they are talking about. Don't give out your info but aske them for it.

also, I have given the phone to the dck's to talk to the telemarketers, its so funny because they holler mummy daddy into the phone.

do you guys get the boat calling you, telling you that you won a cruise, I get it all the time.
I'm on the do not call list and have reported this company (whoever they are) several times and still get the dang calls. I didn't give her any information at all, not even my name. Just a ficticious amount and told her it was a credit card from my credit union. Never gave her any info at all personal. I haven't got the one about the cruise.
mamac 07:24 AM 01-30-2013
That's funny!! I used to get so irritated with the constant junk mail that was filling my mailbox every day. I started saving all the pre-paid return envelopes that were included and started filling them with offers from other companies, bread twist ties, bottle caps, paperclips, shriveled cheerios from under the couch.... Pretty much just random junk from around the house. I would fit as much as I could in them in hopes that they would have to pay extra postage upon delivery.

I still received the junk mail but I felt better about it!
lovemykidstoo 07:28 AM 01-30-2013
That's funny!! I used to get so irritated with the constant junk mail that was filling my mailbox every day. I started saving all the pre-paid return envelopes that were included and started filling them with offers from other companies, bread twist ties, bottle caps, paperclips, shriveled cheerios from under the couch.... Pretty much just random junk from around the house. I would fit as much as I could in them in hopes that they would have to pay extra postage upon delivery.

I still received the junk mail but I felt better about it!
LOVE IT!! I got a package from AARP one time around my 40th birthday. I was ticked. I wrote on the offer slip, I only just turned 40 give me a break!! They haven't mailed me anything else! It is satisfying in a way to do that to companies that bug ya. Love the crushed up cheerios!
mamac 07:28 AM 01-30-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:

I don't think you have to renew anymore. I think I remember it being every 3 or 5 years but the website states that it won't expire until your line is disconnected.

I still don't think I qualify for the registry so I just have to start getting their info and keep a log of who I've told to stop calling me so I can go after them if they continue. Yay... More paperwork for me!
Holiday Park 04:31 AM 02-01-2013
Dcb poops about 3x a day that he is here. And its really nasty. And Im allowing cloth diapers . BUT today dcm forgot to refill on cloth wipes in the diaper bag, and now I have to use disposable wipes all day today ! This makes me mad . Do you know how hard it is to do disposable wipes with cloth?
Picture me having to carry the loaded stinking diaper to my trash to carefully dump the disposable wipes while trying not to accidentally theow away any diaper doublers, liner etc..
Then carrying that same diaper out of the llaundry room, back through the kitchen through the play room and through the hall to ny bathroom to dump the poop. Then back to the play room to put in wet bag .
He is being especially difficult this morning by doing everything I don't like.... Running, non stop ear peircing screeching , not playing with any tous but instead trying to do ther stuff like climb on the couch, play with blinds, get grabby with my son smacking him in the face/grabbing at him, running at top speed to each toy that makes noise and pushes the buttons over&over just to hear the noise over&over.
Blackcat31 05:35 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
Dcb poops about 3x a day that he is here. And its really nasty. And Im allowing cloth diapers . BUT today dcm forgot to refill on cloth wipes in the diaper bag, and now I have to use disposable wipes all day today ! This makes me mad . Do you know how hard it is to do disposable wipes with cloth?
Picture me having to carry the loaded stinking diaper to my trash to carefully dump the disposable wipes while trying not to accidentally theow away any diaper doublers, liner etc..
Then carrying that same diaper out of the llaundry room, back through the kitchen through the play room and through the hall to ny bathroom to dump the poop. Then back to the play room to put in wet bag .
He is being especially difficult this morning by doing everything I don't like.... Running, non stop ear peircing screeching , not playing with any tous but instead trying to do ther stuff like climb on the couch, play with blinds, get grabby with my son smacking him in the face/grabbing at him, running at top speed to each toy that makes noise and pushes the buttons over&over just to hear the noise over&over.
I have a cloth diaper wearer. I use disposable wipes every change.

I bring the wet bag and a plastic grocery store type bag with me for each change. As I wipe with the disposabel wipes, I put the used dirty ones in the pastic bag, put the cloth diaper in the wet bag and viola`....easy peasy.....

It isn't necessay to make all those trips back and forth if you just bring the items with you.
canadiancare 05:40 AM 02-01-2013
I just toilet/diaper in the bathroom. I'd have a bag to put the wipes in and then dump the feces into the toilet.
BumbleBee 06:04 AM 02-01-2013
Got up an hour earlier to shovel the 14 inches of snow that fell overnight so dcm can drop off an hour early (ok'd last night)

Guess who no showed?

I called after 15 min to check if everything was ok....no answer. Called after 30 min, no answer. Called after 45 min, no answer. Called after an hour-answer. Upset I woke her up.

Sorry for being concerned.
Blackcat31 06:11 AM 02-01-2013
Got up an hour earlier to shovel the 14 inches of snow that fell overnight so dcm can drop off an hour early (ok'd last night)

Guess who no showed?

I called after 15 min to check if everything was ok....no answer. Called after 30 min, no answer. Called after 45 min, no answer. Called after an hour-answer. Upset I woke her up.

Seriously?! I hope you are charging her for not only the day but extra for the scheduled early drop off!

What was her excuse for not showing up?
lovemykidstoo 07:33 AM 02-01-2013

Guess who no showed?

I would not be a happy camper.

You got 14"'s of snow? Where are you in MIchigan again?
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 02-01-2013

I would and welcome 14 inches of snow!!!!!!!

We got stuck with -25F actual temp and that means crunchy, crisp air but no snow

My snowmobile is really getting lonely. I might have to put it up for adoption.
lovemykidstoo 07:36 AM 02-01-2013
I would and welcome 14 inches of snow!!!!!!!

We got stuck with -25F actual temp and that means crunchy, crisp air but no snow

My snowmobile is really getting lonely. I might have to put it up for adoption.
I would too, I"m sooo jealous. I'm up in Saginaw Twp, Michigan and we were exactly in between the 2 bands of snow going through the state yesterday. North of us got snow and south of us got snow. We not NOTHING! Was so mad!
BumbleBee 08:51 AM 02-01-2013

10ish miles NW of Kalamazoo. The town I'm in is literally the crossroads for 4 decent sized inland lakes & NONE of them have frozen over so we're getting bunches of fluffy white stuff

Seriously?! I hope you are charging her for not only the day but extra for the scheduled early drop off!

What was her excuse for not showing up?
Yes she's being charged Excuse was "forgot to let you know I'm not working today, sorry"

Not to make you jealous or anything BC BUT we got 22 inches of Lake Effect last week and are slated for another 20 inches this week.
lovemykidstoo 08:54 AM 02-01-2013
10ish miles NW of Kalamazoo. The town I'm in is literally the crossroads for 4 decent sized inland lakes & NONE of them have frozen over so we're getting bunches of fluffy white stuff

Yes she's being charged Excuse was "forgot to let you know I'm not working today, sorry"

Not to make you jealous or anything BC BUT we got 22 inches of Lake Effect last week and are slated for another 20 inches this week.
Can you please blow some of that up here to Saginaw Twp? Please?????
BumbleBee 09:00 AM 02-01-2013
Can you please blow some of that up here to Saginaw Twp? Please?????
I would if I could!

*side note* Thanks BlackCat for fixing the quotation marks
daycarediva 11:40 AM 02-01-2013
A dcm sent me a text at 8:00a asking me to call the bus garage and 'hold the bus' because she was running late. I responded back when I got the text at 8:15 that the bus already left (we go outside to wait!) She then asked me if I could take dcb to school. I simply said "Sorry, I have too many kids to transport today." I got a nasty text back "Fine, I will just have to be late to work!"

I DON'T DO SCHOOL DROP OFFS OR PICKUPS! It's IN THE HANDBOOK! WTH!? She is closer to the school and only has ONE kid. She has joked to me about 100x how she hates early mornings and wakes up at 7:15 when she has to leave the house with my slow poke SA dcb at 7:50-LATEST.
Play Care 11:19 AM 02-04-2013
My husband is being a turd, my older child told me she wants to be put in day care (she's in school...) and I am generally feeling disrespected and unappreciated. Today part of me would LOVE to get a FT job outside the house and see how much they like that. I could do with working less hours, getting paid vacations/sick time and a 401K oh yes, and actually having a lunch break where I can sit and eat without having to check on kids, do paperwork, pre dinner, etc. etc. etc.
SilverSabre25 06:50 AM 02-05-2013
And dread reigns in my heart as the 9 month old is dropped off with the warning, "He's really tired, he was up pretty much all night. And he's coughing a lot, just so you know!"

Aw, ****....is what actually ran through my head, though I said, "Oh okay, we'll get him a nice nap straightaway!"

Sure enough, exhausted, fussy child who screams at the thought of such terrible things as being handed a toy by an ever-helpful toddler. And bottles are making him cry. And yeah. Sorry love, I think you're about to get deposited in a pack n play to fuss this thing out until you're asleep 'cause I am not sure what else to do with an overtired infant!
wahmof3 07:32 AM 02-05-2013
PMS---------> need I say more????

AmyLeigh 04:17 PM 02-05-2013
Why oh why did I agree to taking on a before school dcb who arrives almost 2 before my earliest arrival? He is a good kid, only here for an hour before I take him to school. But still, I am tired. This decision has extended my days to 11 hours now.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58  ... Last
Reply Up