Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does Minute Menu Help?
TwinMama 08:01 AM 01-19-2016
I've been using Minute Menu but I know I'm not using all the options. What are some of the main things you utilize from Minute Menu?
Lovisa 08:24 AM 01-19-2016
I've only been using it for a week or two so I will be watching this thread because I'm sure I am missing a lot! So far, I love how it keeps track of meals and attendance. Also, it makes receiving payments and keeping track of invoices super easy. I was also able to input all of my stuff from last year that I was keeping track of manually and it is going to make taxes so much easier! It is well worth it to me just by the fact that it handles the whole time space percentage thing for me!
AmyKidsCo 11:41 AM 01-19-2016
I've used it since 2010 and LOVE it!

I routinely use the Menu Planner, Attendance, and Accounting/Billing. Aside from the food program records, I create monthly invoices for the parents, record payments, record expenses and mileage, and keep track of extra income.

I don't use Daily Reports, Lesson Planner, Chart Maker and Certificate Maker. Mainly because I either don't need charts & certificates, and because I use a daily report app and have my own way of doing lesson plans.
sharlan 01:53 PM 01-19-2016
After several years, I just discovered the menu planner. I fill it out on Sunday when I'm doing my family's menu for the week.

So much easier to just put in the times and who was there for what meal now.
Cat Herder 02:19 PM 01-19-2016
I love the address book for our emergency "bug-out" file.

The "birthday by age/month" helps shorten licensing visits when paired with a photo line up.

I set all accounts to online pay, log in once as the parent before they are given their login info, set the rate and schedule. Even if the parent decides they don't want to pay onliner, it does all my invoicing for me all year. Brilliant. (It just rolls over to "unpaid" for manual input. One W-10 instead of two, even if some online/some cash. )

The charts, certificates and daily sheets are a hit.

The children's record 1 page print-out is fantastic to hand off to emergency providers enroute if ever needed.

The immunization reminder section has kept me from ever being out of compliance.

Doing a rotating 12 week menu is simple with the copy paste feature. I do the entire year in January, 30 minutes, tops once initial 12 weeks are completed.

Auto pay is a game changer.

All the obvious tax and attendance records.

The uber awesome "hours in care" annual report helps parents see that their end of year W-10 $ total is not actually " a lot" of money.

The W-10 have an actual amount total.

The lesson planning feature/report is so helpful.

I no longer have a cluttered desk.
Unregistered 02:34 PM 01-19-2016
If your families are on regular schedules then in/out times are set, easy peasy, meal tracking is right there too.

Easy receipts. I use adobe, add my signature and email. Most parents check there bill online so no more of those questions. W-10's have totals on them.

My only complaint is the expenses category. If you have more than one category to use on 1 receipt you have to put them in seperately.
AmyKidsCo 08:36 PM 01-19-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
The uber awesome "hours in care" annual report helps parents see that their end of year W-10 $ total is not actually " a lot" of money.
Darn, darn, darn, darn! I just sent home W-10s yesterday - WHY didn't I see this idea sooner?! Maybe I'll send home the "hours in care" report tomorrow anyway...
treetopapp 01:02 PM 01-22-2016
I am currently developing daycare management software (I have a son who is in daycare). If anyone here on this thread would like to gain early access to this system and help mould/shape it (suggesting features that other systems have or don't have) then please drop me a PM.

Anyone who is able to help me during the test/development of this system will get to remain a member of the system once it's released.
Tags:minute menu
Reply Up