Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WHY Didn’t I Close on the 26th?
Msdunny 04:16 AM 12-17-2019
I just had a mom drop off and tell me that, since her husband only has Christmas Day off, so dd will be coming all week (which is really only Thursday from 11-3. She doesn’t come on Friday). I just realized this week that I definitely should have taken the 26th off, so i was hoping maybe parents just wouldn’t bring their kids. Looks like that isn’t going to be the case.

Oh well, hubby will be home, so maybe the day will go quickly!
Annalee 04:49 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I just had a mom drop off and tell me that, since her husband only has Christmas Day off, so dd will be coming all week (which is really only Thursday from 11-3. She doesn’t come on Friday). I just realized this week that I definitely should have taken the 26th off, so i was hoping maybe parents just wouldn’t bring their kids. Looks like that isn’t going to be the case.

Oh well, hubby will be home, so maybe the day will go quickly!
Never count on the parents to do anything, just fix your contract like you want it. I was originally closed Dec. 20 thru Jan 1, but this past week, I sent out a memo and changed it to Dec. 23-Jan 3 opening back up Jan 6. The more I thought about it, I didn't wanna come back on Jan 2. No one said anything "to my face" and I get paid before I close for these weeks. Of course, that is 27 years worth of learning and it has become a little easier but each and every holiday I'm reminded of my wonderful mentors that helped me accomplish this.
rosieteddy 05:25 AM 12-17-2019
Is she off the 26th?I would ask her and if she is I would take it off. Especially if that is the only one coming.Frankly I would send a notice home saying due to low enrollment for that day you have decided to stay closed until Friday.
Msdunny 05:45 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
Is she off the 26th?I would ask her and if she is I would take it off. Especially if that is the only one coming.Frankly I would send a notice home saying due to low enrollment for that day you have decided to stay closed until Friday.
She is the first I have heard from. I have another family with 2 girls who will most likely be here. Mom doesn’t take off work, and dad doesn’t ‘babysit’. But honestly, I guess each family doesn’t really know the others’ schedules.
Snowmom 07:11 AM 12-17-2019
I hear you.
I'm closed/paid every year from 12/24-1/1.
I didn't officially close Monday 12/23 this year but I should have because I know I'll have at least one family here. The one that lives two doors down and is always home.

But, I only have myself to kick in the arse. I should know better. If I want the day off, I need to take it off because these days, it's rare to find a dc family that actually wants to spend time with their children.
Cat Herder 08:12 AM 12-17-2019
I stayed open most of the week because I have no plans this Christmas and it affords me the opportunity to make a little extra to pay for the playroom upgrades I made this year. I did take Christmas Day to be fair to the kids. You know someone would bring them.
Tags:holidays
Reply Up