Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craft Boxes
kcnjason 07:15 AM 11-02-2011
I was given an idea to make up a special craft box for the kids to use just towards the end of the day when they are having a difficult time playing and when I am not wanting to get out paint, glitter, all of the messy messy fun stuff because it is toward the end of the day. Does anybody put together a special craft box just for special times, different than your regular craft supplies? I am needing ideas of what to put in the activity/craft box such as construction paper, scissors, stickers, etc.....
I would love ideas.
SilverSabre25 07:18 AM 11-02-2011
I haven't done such a thing but you could do those foam stickers. Very little mess and my kids have a blast with them. They're pretty cheap, too, and readily available in neat shapes and themes. You could give either the foam sheets or plain construction paper to use with them.
2ndFamilyDC 10:56 AM 11-02-2011
Hmmmm, I like this idea. I might throw one together to use that last 45 minutes of daycare when parents are coming to keep the kids busy and not running to chat with parents picking up.
WImom 11:23 AM 11-02-2011
Love this idea. I have nap time boxes and those work so well. I may have to do something like this too for crafts. You got me thinking now...lol.
Sprouts 11:46 AM 11-02-2011
so whats in the nap time boxes? I like that idea too

in my "craft" section i have a lot of paper punches and the kids love them, once they know how to use them. The love to make cards, so there a lot of stickers, glue sticks and paper punches.

http://www.amazon.com/Piece-Button-P.../dp/B001NIMHMW
WImom 12:48 PM 11-02-2011
Nap boxes - I have coloring books/crayons, color wonder books and markers, foam puzzles, colorforms and backgrounds, ponys w/brushes, small stuffed animals, small puzzles, alphabet and number flashcards, foam stringing beads, board books, foam shapes, foam blocks. I have 5 boxes and these are spread out between the boxes, plain paper and colored pencils.
kcnjason 03:07 PM 11-02-2011
I like the idea of nap boxes but I'm really looking for ideas for a "craft" box that I pull out only towards the end of the day. Things they don't use any other time during the day so it's fun for them.
Tags:boxes, craft - boxes
Reply Up