Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does anyone accept payments through MMK?
SunflowerMama 06:39 AM 10-23-2012
I don't know why I haven't noticed this before but just saw that MMK allows you to accept payments for $1/transaction.

Does anyone use this service? How long do payments typically take to enter your bank account? Any info or reviews...good or bad would be great.

Thanks!
Cat Herder 06:44 AM 10-23-2012
I do and I love it!

I have mine set to take payments out on Mondays and deposit into my account on Fridays.

I pay the $1 fee since the convenience is really for my benefit.

The only caveat, when a holiday occurs (all "holidays") the payment will be held up until the next available date. Typically the following Monday.

It can leave you broke over a holiday weekend or two if you forget to budget in advance. Um, not that it has ever happened to me.....
SunflowerMama 06:49 AM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I do and I love it!

I have mine set to take payments out on Mondays and deposit into my account on Fridays.

I pay the $1 fee since the convenience is really for my benefit.

The only caveat, when a holiday occurs (all "holidays") the payment will be held up until the next available date. Typically the following Monday.

It can leave you broke over a holiday weekend or two if you forget to budget in advance. Um, not that it has ever happened to me.....
Great! So typically I have parent's drop off payment (via check) Friday for the upcoming week. So now they could pay online Friday and it would be in my account by Monday?
Cat Herder 07:02 AM 10-23-2012
Hmm... Let me check.

I think they keep it a specified number of days before putting it into your account (to earn interest? IDK, I thought the fee covered that).

When I set it up I intended for the payments to be taken out AND deposited into my account on Mondays.

I was almost late on bills the first time because I was not expecting to have to wait until Friday.

I will check the handbook, again. I just have to finish a round snack first...

EDIT: OK.... It says "the money will be deposited into your account three business days from when the transaction is made" "Payments made before 7:00pm on Monday will normally be deposited into your account on Friday. Payment made after 7:00 pm Monday would be deposited to your account on the following Monday."
LaLa1923 07:48 AM 10-23-2012
I plan on using intuit. It's safe, attaches to my iPhone and the money is deposited into my account. It costs a little more but it's worth it not to have to go to the bank!
ABCDaycareMN 08:15 AM 10-23-2012
Im interested in using that device? Have you already used it and had success with it?
Reply Up