Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Who Left Kid In Car...
MissAnn 02:25 PM 02-26-2013
Did we ever find out what happened to her? Did she call DHS? I have wondered about this since she posted. I hope she had a good outcome. Even though we don't know who she is, I do hope she is still in business and getting support in this forum.
Former Teacher 05:44 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Did we ever find out what happened to her? Did she call DHS? I have wondered about this since she posted. I hope she had a good outcome. Even though we don't know who she is, I do hope she is still in business and getting support in this forum.
I just looked and the member hasn't signed in since the end of Jan

So either they are lurking or they have left
MissAnn 05:46 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:

How can you check since she was unregistered?
Michael 05:48 PM 02-26-2013
Busted?
MissAnn 05:52 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
Busted?
I don't get it......
WoodOx 05:55 PM 02-26-2013
I don't get it......
is that provider you
I do remember the tread, it is scary and worrisome
MissAnn 06:04 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by WoodOx:
is that provider you
I do remember the tread, it is scary and worrisome
No, not me.
Starburst 10:31 PM 02-26-2013

Busted?
I don't get it......
The provider had stated they were a regular user but said she had logged out for privacy because they were embarrassed.

And anyway I think she said she told all the daycare parents and all of them (even the child's parents) told her not to call DHS because they understood it was an easy mistake when you have a large group of kids and that one particular child is not normally there and the DCFs didn't want her to get investigated or lose her licence because they all liked her program.
Former Teacher 03:04 AM 02-27-2013
As moderator we get "special"

Busted?

Originally Posted by Starburst:
The provider had stated they were a regular user but said she had logged out for privacy because they were embarrassed.
Yep...she was indeed an actual user and not a troll
Loveyoustinkyface 03:41 AM 02-27-2013

So....Former Teacher, you know who it is then??
MissAnn 03:42 AM 02-27-2013
OK, so it can be confirmed the OP wasn't me? I'd hate for members to think I'd do such a prank (logging out to create a post and then responding to it under my own name). I was pretty vocal in the thread as a responder but was not the OP.
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Loveyoustinkyface:
As clarification, mods can see IP addresses. It doesn't always mean we have access to who every unregistered poster is or isn't.

Every device connected to the public internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address.

Since these numbers are usually assigned to internet service providers within region-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the region or country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet. An IP address can sometimes be used to show the user's general location.

IP addresses do NOT give out personal identifying information.

If Former Teacher or any moderator knows the identity of an unregistered poster, they surely are NOT going to share with anyone else.

I think that goes beyond the trust and confidentiality that members here deserve.

I hope that didnt sound rude but I wanted to clarify.
nannyde 08:03 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
As clarification, mods can see IP addresses. It doesn't always mean we have access to who every unregistered poster is or isn't.

Every device connected to the public internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address.

Since these numbers are usually assigned to internet service providers within region-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the region or country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet. An IP address can sometimes be used to show the user's general location.

If Former Teacher or any moderator knows the identity of an unregistered poster, they surely are NOT going to share with anyone else.

I think that goes beyond the trust and confidentiality that members here deserve.

I hope that didnt sound rude but I wanted to clarify.
you don't need the mod privileges to figure out who the poster is. Usually when regular members post they use phrasing and keywords that easily identify themselves. If you read the archives and all the current threads it is very easy to figure out who is posting. I don't read usernames unless someone has written something really brilliant or really dumb. Not reading usernames helps fine tune your comprehension and allows you to see patterns and keywords or identifying info.
Country Kids 08:10 AM 02-27-2013
Or members actually call out who the person is or tells them what their user names used to be (if they changed it recently) and call out where they live.
nannyde 08:29 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Or members actually call out who the person is or tells them what their user names used to be (if they changed it recently) and call out where they live.
Yes again posters need to realize that their info is pretty easy to figure out whether they switch usernames or post unregistered or logged out. Some readers know you and will address you by virtue of your words not your choice of names. Switching usernames or posting logged out or unregistered will not mean readers or posters will honor your choice because they know you by your posts not your name choice
SilverSabre25 08:47 AM 02-27-2013
ANYWAY, back to the question, no, that member hasn't chosen to update us on the situation, anonymously or otherwise.
Former Teacher 10:27 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Loveyoustinkyface:
Yes

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Very true. I would/will NEVER give out personal information...in reality or in the Internet world. I am just not that type
MissAnn 10:39 AM 02-27-2013
As curious as I am, I think we need to let it go. I'm sorry I brought it up. OP deserves to keep the outcome private. I just wish her well.
Loveyoustinkyface 10:41 AM 02-27-2013
Just so you know, I was in no way implying you should disclose the person's identity... Just curious

I hope the OP who left the child in the van at the park is doing well and did the right thing.
Lucy 11:13 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

Kaddidle Care 12:00 PM 02-27-2013
We used to play a game like that on the Harry Potter forums. Someone would come up with a new screen name and post this and that and we'd figure them out. Most of the time because people are habitual and will post the same times of day/night. hehe!

I'm sure the person that posted was mortified that they did that and remorseful. It only proves that we are human and make mistakes just like everyone else.

Thank goodness nothing bad happened to the child.

That person will never make that mistake again and because she posted about it, hopefully nobody else will make it either.

head count, head count, head count (And sign in sheet) to verify the head count.
Tags:forum question
Reply Up