Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Automatic Soap Dispenser
MsLaura529 05:14 AM 03-29-2013
Does anyone have one of those automatic soap things ... that you stick your hand under and the soap comes out in a squirt instead of having to pump it out and kids ending up with way too much? I'm thinking of getting one for the daycare bathroom (which is also our main bathroom of the house). Have you ever seen one for foaming soap? I seem to like the foaming soap better for some reason.
bluemoose_mom 05:27 AM 03-29-2013
I've never seen one for foaming soap but I do have the automatic one for normal soap.

Even though the soap is much more expensive, I love love love it. I wasn't having the problem with too much soap (my kids are little) but they couldn't do it on their own, nor can they reach my sink so I have to hold them up. Difficult to pump with a kid in your arms.

I love it so much, I have one in my kitchen now for me, so I don't have to touch a pump with grimy kitchen hands (raw meat).
jokalima 06:17 AM 03-29-2013
I've been using for about 2 weeks now, the soap is more expensive and we are using 1 bottle per week, went to BJ's and they have 3 for like 10.00 so is not extremely bad. It is better for the kids, my little ones now can wash their hands with little to no help, and besides, for me it was pretty nasty thinking of touching the other dispenser after kids wiped their behinds and then touched it themselves
snbauser 06:34 AM 03-29-2013
I have the ones you buy at bed bath and beyond. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=133105 You use regular soap with it and you can adjust how much soap comes out which is great because little kids don't need a whole lot of soap. I really wish I could find a foam soap one though because I really prefer the foam.
AmyKidsCo 06:49 AM 03-29-2013
I want a foam soap one instead of a regular soap one too! I'll bet whoever comes out with one will make a mint!
MsLaura529 06:51 AM 03-29-2013
Glad to see I'm not the only one wanting a foam one, haha. I thought maybe it was a bad idea since there wasn't one out yet. Maybe I should figure this out and create one
wdmmom 06:57 AM 03-29-2013
The biggest problem I have with the automatic soap dispensers is the price along with the amount of soap it dispenses. I think it's way too much for little hands.
mema 07:10 AM 03-29-2013
I would love a foam one too! Some of the stores around here have them in their restrooms, so someone must sell them. I'm going to search.
Unregistered 07:14 AM 03-29-2013
I got the Lysol dispensers over a year ago when they had mail in rebates for them. I just pop the tops off the soap bottles with a butter knife and refill them from a large container of Walmart handsoap. Kids manage just fine and much les waste. Had company a few times though that could not figure it out and created a huge mess trying to wipe up under it as more soap just keep coming out

I think there are a few different youtube videos on different ways to refill them with less expensive soap.
Kelly 07:21 AM 03-29-2013
I have Lysol one too. I think the amount it dispenses is just about right, not too much for little hands. I never thought of refilling it myself but will definitely try that.
GoodKarma 07:24 AM 03-29-2013
http://www.uline.com/BL_7035/Foaming...Soap-Dispenser

http://www.airdelights.com/automatic...ispensers.html

Here are two links to automatic foaming dispensers
slorey 07:34 AM 03-29-2013
Thanks for posting the link to the automatic foam dispensers! Now I have another thing on my wish list Also, wanted to mention that my in-laws have the Lysol automatic dispenser and theirs will dispense all the time randomly and not shut off. They called the company to complain and apparantly that is a common problem depending on the lighting in your bathroom. The light from their window was hitting their dispenser and causing it to dispense non-stop. The light hits the entire counter where their sink is so they couldn't just move it to a different location on the counter. They now have to keep it off and turn it on when they need soap, then shut it off again when they are done! That seems more complicated than just having a pump! Just wanted to mention that in case anyone has very well lit, bright bathrooms, you might not want the Lysol one. I will never get it because of their experience and I have a very dark bathroom!
snbauser 08:39 AM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
http://www.uline.com/BL_7035/Foaming...Soap-Dispenser

http://www.airdelights.com/automatic...ispensers.html

Here are two links to automatic foaming dispensers
Those are cool. I'll have to research them more and see how much soap you actually get in the refills. I hate buying something that I have to buy specific refills for. That's why I like the dispensers I got because I can refill them with any soap.
MarinaVanessa 08:43 AM 03-29-2013
Discount School Supply also carries some.

The Renown brand for $34.99 and the refills are $59.99

Amazon also sells a bunch of them. Just search for "Touch-Free Soap Dispenser"
Texasjeepgirl 08:57 AM 03-29-2013
I went through 3 of the Lysol battery operated dispensers before I finally bought this: although I had to google it .. I actually got mine at Sam's...but they no longer show it on website...

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ja...FWGrPAodRD0A-Q

I LOVE IT... Have had it atleast 6 months.. maybe longer
it dispenses foam soap.. only a small amount... and.. even though I had a heart attack when I bought the 2 refill bottles... at Sam's for $59.98...
I can honestly say... they last FOREVER... It has a window in the front that shows how much is still in the bottle.. and it hasn't even dropped down low enough for me to see it.. so there is still over 1/2 a bottle in there..
the only real problem I have with it.. is that my youngest kids can't reach it where I have it placed on the wall.. then climb up on stool for me to assist them with hand washing.. so I do still keep a pump dispenser right there also.. and I put the soap on their hands.. then have to lift them up to wash.. rinse...

Texasjeepgirl 09:00 AM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by Kelly:
I have Lysol one too. I think the amount it dispenses is just about right, not too much for little hands. I never thought of refilling it myself but will definitely try that.
I always refilled them myself.. much more economical.. but the problem I had was the mechanism was always getting wet .. the battery compartment is on bottom... they eventually just stop working...
ANNOYING

MsLaura529 10:34 AM 03-29-2013
Thanks for the links! I will have to check into them.
daycarediva 01:01 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I've been using for about 2 weeks now, the soap is more expensive and we are using 1 bottle per week, went to BJ's and they have 3 for like 10.00 so is not extremely bad. It is better for the kids, my little ones now can wash their hands with little to no help, and besides, for me it was pretty nasty thinking of touching the other dispenser after kids wiped their behinds and then touched it themselves
I have one, but I REFUSE to buy the expensive refill bottles. The top DOES pop off with a butter knife, I refill it using a larger/inexpensive product, viola.
AmyKidsCo 02:01 PM 03-29-2013
GoodKarma, and Marina Vanessa you both rock!

Does anyone know what they're refilled with? I have a Dial foaming soap thingy that I refill with liquid soap and water. If the automatic ones take the same thing it's going on my wish list too!
MissAnn 02:06 PM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I have the ones you buy at bed bath and beyond. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=133105 You use regular soap with it and you can adjust how much soap comes out which is great because little kids don't need a whole lot of soap. I really wish I could find a foam soap one though because I really prefer the foam.
I have this one too! I love it! I bought it on amazon.com.
sahm1225 04:39 AM 04-01-2013
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005WJUPSQ

This is the one I use. It's not hands free to get the soap but even my 18 month olds can do it. It uses regular soap too.
MissAnn 04:41 AM 04-01-2013
I have a hands free soap dispenser....but I also have a hands-free faucet. I bought it off of amazon and I love it! I love it more than the hands free soap!
LaLa1923 05:13 AM 04-01-2013
I'm looking for something less commercial looking. For now I'm just using the dial foam soap. So far no one has had any issues with using it unassisted, it requires very little strength.
snbauser 05:36 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I have a hands free soap dispenser....but I also have a hands-free faucet. I bought it off of amazon and I love it! I love it more than the hands free soap!
I have a hands free faucet as well and love it!! Saves so much water and I don't have to worry about the temperature or the kids letting the water run while washing.
snbauser 05:37 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I'm looking for something less commercial looking. For now I'm just using the dial foam soap. So far no one has had any issues with using it unassisted, it requires very little strength.
Me too. I don't want a commercial looking dispenser. That's why I like the one I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. One of the pp has links to some that don't look commercial so I'm going to save my money to get one of those.
SilverSabre25 05:52 AM 04-01-2013
now i want a hands-faucet in my daycare bathoroom...and an automatic soap dispenser! I also want a commerical paper towel dispenser, for that matter.
jokalima 05:53 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have one, but I REFUSE to buy the expensive refill bottles. The top DOES pop off with a butter knife, I refill it using a larger/inexpensive product, viola.
I thought about it, but did not try it so now I definitely will, THANKS
snbauser 06:51 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
now i want a hands-faucet in my daycare bathoroom...and an automatic soap dispenser! I also want a commerical paper towel dispenser, for that matter.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0125xMPALLx028 This is the faucet I have. LOVE IT!!
LaLa1923 07:16 AM 04-01-2013
Me too. I don't want a commercial looking dispenser. That's why I like the one I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. One of the pp has links to some that don't look commercial so I'm going to save my money to get one of those.
Which one doesn't look commercial? I'm looking for a foam one
snbauser 07:24 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Which one doesn't look commercial? I'm looking for a foam one
http://www.airdelights.com/automatic...ispensers.html The ones on here. Unfortunately they are all counter mounted ones though.
Meeko 09:05 AM 04-01-2013
My kids would love it! Love it so much that they would spend half their day in the bathroom playing with it..................
GoodKarma 09:31 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
GoodKarma, and Marina Vanessa you both rock!

Does anyone know what they're refilled with? I have a Dial foaming soap thingy that I refill with liquid soap and water. If the automatic ones take the same thing it's going on my wish list too!
I don't have one, so I don't know what you would use to refill them, sorry.
MissAnn 09:47 AM 04-01-2013
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0125xMPALLx028 This is the faucet I have. LOVE IT!!
This is the one I have too! I love it! I bought mine from amazon.
MissAnn 09:48 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
My kids would love it! Love it so much that they would spend half their day in the bathroom playing with it..................
Just in the beginning until the newness wears off.
MsLaura529 10:38 AM 04-01-2013
Automatice faucet, too! Whoa ... looks like I'll be putting some bathroom fixtures on my birthday list this year, haha.
KnoxMom 11:02 AM 04-01-2013
Just when I thought I had everything I needed..
Reply Up