Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Labor Day!
SilverSabre25 09:12 AM 09-02-2013
Who else is doing some daycare work today? or did some this weekend? DH and I painted part of the naproom last night and today I'm deep cleaning it.
Familycare71 09:30 AM 09-02-2013
Cleaning my dd bedroom, arguing with the teens about cleaning theirs and I have to have the house and dc room clean for an interview tomorrow am! It is def Labor Day here!
Cradle2crayons 09:35 AM 09-02-2013
Happy Labor Day!!

I'm working today. All five daycare kids are here plus my two!!
Stepping 10:09 AM 09-02-2013
Yep! Just finished weekly grocery shop for dc, tidied play room, put away last month's theme related resources and set up new toys for September theme. Next on the list is phoning round substitute carers because I need a helper on friday. I also have my hubby out in the yard painting a blackboard on our fence. Definitely Labor Day around here

I am hoping to put my feet up and watch some trash TV while my 2 year old naps though!
Patches 10:52 AM 09-02-2013
I have 2 kids here today but I put them to work I made them straighten up the backyard.
I am doing laundry
Mister Sir Husband 08:19 PM 09-02-2013
Still adding on to my deck so I can hopefully get licensed soon... I'm calling it my "thousand dollar fire escape".
Play Care 03:27 AM 09-03-2013
I set up my September bulletin board and did some cleaning. I also put together my dinner for today so I'll just have to pop it in the oven around 4:00.
momofsix 06:15 AM 09-03-2013
All kinds of Labor for Labor day!
Finally got my kitchen and eating area painted! It's a nice cheery yellow (instead of old wallpaper covered with green vines that it was previously). All I need to do is the trim now.
I spackled the walls in the day care room where there was damage-especially where my walk through gate was and repainted those areas. I bought furniture glides that make your furniture NOT slide and put those on the edges of the gate-we'll wee if that keeps the wall from getting torn up again.
We're also starting our "school" today so I had to get the room changed over from summer/school-aged activities back to preschool. Set up posters, tray tasking activities, texture tub, different toys...we're all ready for school!
AcornMama 08:13 AM 09-03-2013
Worked most of the day yesterday cleaning up the mess after our septic improvement. We hadn't planned on clearing that part of our little homestead, but the big septic work made the choice for us. But now I have great space for a new dc play area!
SilverSabre25 10:46 AM 09-03-2013
Now I'm trying to track down why our lower level is so dang stinky. Ick. At least the naproom is prettier?
MsLaura529 10:51 AM 09-03-2013
I was "working" on Labor Day, too - had to get more seating for meals/crafts in the daycare, since I am now full and will need 6 chairs (instead of the 5 that my previous table held). So, we spent a couple hours at Ikea (that place is exhausting). I bought 2 smaller rectangle tables, and after I put them together, found out they didn't fit where the previous large round table had been, so I had to do a whole rearranging of the daycare. It was tough, and I'm not loving it so much, but the kids were happy this morning seeing it. So I guess it can say for a while.
Tags:labor day
Reply Up