Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>About Over Our Director And Other Workers
thetoddlerwhisper 12:41 PM 11-06-2013
have kiddo with 102 temp. another teachers kid and rather than send him home they give him tylenol and let him continue to play with the other kids. so what we get everyone sick now...... bah humbug one day ill have my own center
melilley 12:45 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
have kiddo with 102 temp. another teachers kid and rather than send him home they give him tylenol and let him continue to play with the other kids. so what we get everyone sick now...... bah humbug one day ill have my own center
That's the bad thing about working in centers. They can do what they want and many times they don't think about others. When I worked at a center, my director had a son in my infant room who was sick with a temp. She brought him anyways and said she couldn't take time off (I don't know why her husband didn't stay home) and when I said something she got offensive. But of course whenever a child that was not hers was sick, they HAD to go home.
Shell 12:54 PM 11-06-2013
Yep, this happened all the time when I worked in centers. A little hypocritical considering that any other child would be sent home for the same symptoms.
BumbleBee 04:56 PM 11-06-2013
YUP! Fever, the runs, puking. If the kid was a staff members kid...they came-no exclusion. Had one with pink eye once. That was fun.
thetoddlerwhisper 05:51 AM 11-07-2013
im weird about sick policy and germs. they spread so easy in this kind of environment and i am an obsessive cleaner year round. im pretty sure he was developing pink eye. and it isnt like she doesnt have a husband who stays home all day
AcornMama 06:28 AM 11-07-2013
As a young mom, I once toured a center when I was looking for part time care for my daughter who was about 11 months at the time. They took me to the room she would have been in, and there was a toddler, about 2 years old, in there. The lady giving the tour said, oh, we don't usually have kids this old in this room, but he's sick and can't go outside with his class, so we're keeping him in here until his class comes back inside.

I think I just stood there looking confused. And then left.
thetoddlerwhisper 11:38 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
As a young mom, I once toured a center when I was looking for part time care for my daughter who was about 11 months at the time. They took me to the room she would have been in, and there was a toddler, about 2 years old, in there. The lady giving the tour said, oh, we don't usually have kids this old in this room, but he's sick and can't go outside with his class, so we're keeping him in here until his class comes back inside.

I think I just stood there looking confused. And then left.
that would steer me away from a daycare quickly. all those germs contained in one room
AcornMama 01:38 PM 11-07-2013
that would steer me away from a daycare quickly. all those germs contained in one room
Yep, it did. I put her in a church Mother's Day Out program, because I only needed a few hours a week while I was tutoring.

That was about 17 years ago. None of my kids have been in any kind of group care, just at home with mom. But now that I'm doing my own fcch, my youngest ones like being part of mom's daycare. More friends!
Tags:staff children
Reply Up