Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Black Friday Shopping!
Chelsea 09:24 AM 11-21-2013
Who goes out and does Black Friday shopping? Why or why not?

I LOVE Black Friday! My husband and I start saving up in July for shopping. It is the one day a year that my father keeps our kids overnight. We don't do it just for the great deals, it's a lot of fun! I love the excitement. Lol.
Blackcat31 09:28 AM 11-21-2013
Other thread about this

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=black+friday
SilverSabre25 10:37 AM 11-21-2013
I don't. I can't stand most crowds on a normal day!

I have 99% of my kid's Christmas gifts bought already. Just looking for a stuffed santa for my 6 yo (a request, the cutie-pie). Most of them were bought online and aer being delivered between today and tuesday
Leanna 10:42 AM 11-21-2013
No shopping for me. I will be celebrating National Buy Nothing Day.

Actually, I usually don't even leave the house that day but will have to venture out this year as my youngest has a doctor's appointment that day
MsLaura529 11:10 AM 11-21-2013
It is a kid-free adventure for DH and I, too. The kids sleep over at Grandma's on Thanksgiving night since we have dinner over there anyways (it was an offer one year by my mom, and we have just kept it up since). Then DH and I either go see a movie, we MIGHT head to a store that night, or wait until early Friday morning to go out. We don't necessarily score any awesome deals, but we like to get a coffee and people watch. One of our radio stations does a live show at the mall in the wee hours of the morning, so you can hang out with them and win prizes and stuff.
Annalee 11:24 AM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by Chelsea:
Who goes out and does Black Friday shopping? Why or why not?

I LOVE Black Friday! My husband and I start saving up in July for shopping. It is the one day a year that my father keeps our kids overnight. We don't do it just for the great deals, it's a lot of fun! I love the excitement. Lol.
Going to be a pajama day for me....did Black Friday once in my lifetime...that was more than enough...
SquirrellyMama 12:38 PM 11-21-2013
I love the atmosphere and the crowds I really don't do much shopping, mostly people watching.

Kelly
spud912 12:53 PM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
I love the atmosphere and the crowds I really don't do much shopping, mostly people watching.

Kelly
This is me . I love seeing how crazy it gets....I don't know why. I have found at least in the places I go there is a lot of comradery amongst fellow black Friday people.
Michelle 12:56 PM 11-21-2013
we are going skiing for 4 days..
no shopping, just a lot of falling
daycare 02:28 PM 11-21-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:

Kelly
aint that the truth. we have a family tradition to go and last year we enjoyed the crazy shirts people made. I saw one family they were the care bears but instead the

drunk bear
don't give a __________bear
etc etc

super funny..the whole family had a different shirt on.

I also think it's fun to watch people try to scramble over silly things like shoes or such.....
Reply Up