Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMK- Place to Add Parent Reimbursement?
Oats&Ivy 06:33 AM 03-17-2014
So I have a couple state paid families who paid out of pocket until the state approved them. Now I will be reimbursing them a certain amount. But I don't know if I should add the state check into MMK, and then having a certain area that says "parent reimbursement- x amount." I hope this makes sense, but I don't know how to do what I am trying to do and I thought someone could help.

Thanks!
Cat Herder 07:00 AM 03-17-2014
I'd just go in, pull up the old invoices and delete them since you no longer have that income and the parent can't claim it on taxes anyway (otherwise that amount would be on their year end W-10).

You can then just continue to add the subsidy payments under the States account, not the parents name, as they are not paying it.
Oats&Ivy 07:10 AM 03-17-2014
OK, What about on my receipts? I handed them receipts when they paid. So if they wanted to be like that they could also claim that on their taxes. I don't think they would, but I guess if we're talking w10's I thought I'd bring that up.
Cat Herder 07:16 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Oats&Ivy:
OK, What about on my receipts? I handed them receipts when they paid. So if they wanted to be like that they could also claim that on their taxes. I don't think they would, but I guess if we're talking w10's I thought I'd bring that up.
It won't matter what they do.

As long as you have your records showing the State paid $** from date **** to date ****, and their year end W-10 shows the correct total on top (MMK Pro does that for you with your recorded invoices) you are set.

Their risk is theirs alone, I would not even broach it. If you really want to you can have them sign a refund receipt to you (blue ink only), JIC, and keep it in their binder.
Oats&Ivy 07:37 AM 03-17-2014
Good deal
Childminder 08:18 AM 03-17-2014
I just use what the parents have paid in as a credit for future co-pay. No reimbursement.
butterfly 10:28 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I just use what the parents have paid in as a credit for future co-pay. No reimbursement.

craftymissbeth 10:35 AM 03-17-2014
Yep. I don't give refunds ever. For any reason. Only credits.

Actually, I DID give a refund once, but it was because I was absolutely DONE with the family and gave an immediate term notice. So I refunded them the rest of the week just so I could be done with them for good.
rebekki78 01:33 PM 04-23-2014
I was just thinking that I want to add this to my contract. It would be so much easier! It's one of those "learn as you go" things.
sharlan 01:53 PM 04-23-2014
Originally Posted by Oats&Ivy:
So I have a couple state paid families who paid out of pocket until the state approved them. Now I will be reimbursing them a certain amount. But I don't know if I should add the state check into MMK, and then having a certain area that says "parent reimbursement- x amount." I hope this makes sense, but I don't know how to do what I am trying to do and I thought someone could help.

Thanks!
I just went through this.

I invoice the parent as usual. Then when the state pays, I change the invoice to "discount" and I put the amount the state paid in "other income".

MMk has a little blurb for it under "?".

My family has no co-pay, so I refunded the whole amount they had paid.
Tags:invoice, minute menu kids pro, mmk, record keeping, subsidy
Reply Up