Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT Meteor Shower STORM Tonight!
NightOwl 05:42 PM 05-23-2014
It will peak between 1am and 4am central, visible for most of North America, and it's supposed to be fabulous. Just thought I'd share in case there's any other astronomy buffs here.
e.j. 06:01 PM 05-23-2014
I saw this on the news tonight. Unfortunately, we've had rain all day and the clouds aren't expected to clear in time. I don't think we'll be able to see much, if anything.

In the past, we've sat out on the back patio as a family and enjoyed the peace and quiet while watching the meteors streak through the sky. Those have been some of my favorite nights. Enjoy them if you get the chance!
SilverSabre25 06:14 PM 05-23-2014
If my three yo would sleep easily elsewhere I would have taken off for myu sister's this evening. She lives about twenty minutes away, MUCH more rural, nicely dark skies. We would have hung out, DD would have slept over, I would have stargazed. But he's too tricksy about sleep to make it work.
Second Home 07:05 PM 05-23-2014
Saw this on the news earlier .Here it is supposed to be best viewing between 2 and 4 am . I might try and wake 2 of my kids up to watch , they loved it last time we saw some .
MsLaura529 02:25 PM 05-24-2014
Did anybody see anything from this? DH went out and checked around 1:30/2ish is said he didn't see much of anything. And they had been saying Michigan would be one of the prime viewing locations ...
NightOwl 06:00 PM 05-24-2014
I'm in alabama and we weren't impressed. Only saw a couple dozen in an hour and a half. May try again tonight.
Reply Up