Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Notice for Rate Increase
SilverSabre25 10:22 AM 08-01-2014
I want to raise rates by $5/week or about $1 a day (scandalous I know) starting Sept 1. Is one month ample notice for this change?
momofboys 10:39 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I want to raise rates by $5/week or about $1 a day (scandalous I know) starting Sept 1. Is one month ample notice for this change?
Sounds good to me! Good luck!
Blackcat31 10:39 AM 08-01-2014
I think so.

I require schedule changes a minimum of 2 weeks ahead of time and give 30 days notice for any program changes.

So I think a months notice is plenty of time for parents to make adjustments within their own budgets to account for the increase.
DaveA 10:52 AM 08-01-2014
One month is sufficient. In my policies I state that fees are evaluated each November with any changes applying January 1st. In there is also that if fees were needed to be adjusted any other time they would take effect 30 days from notification.
Crazy8 11:14 AM 08-01-2014
One month is fine. Wouldn't do less than that. I have in my contract that rates will be reviewed each July and changes will be effective September.
AmyKidsCo 11:15 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think so.

I require schedule changes a minimum of 2 weeks ahead of time and give 30 days notice for any program changes.

So I think a months notice is plenty of time for parents to make adjustments within their own budgets to account for the increase.
That's what I do too - parents need to give 2 weeks notice. My policies state I give 2 weeks notice but I try to give 4 weeks... I don't have 4 weeks in my policies just in case.
Cat Herder 03:39 PM 08-01-2014
Before or after you have filled your wait list??? JK

30 days should be fine.

I try to give 90 days because I, personally, plan my bills (& spending) that far in advance. I started over paying some bills back in April so I won't have to pay them from Nov-Jan... My twisted version of a Christmas Fund.

Also for those who must have child support daycare mods done, an extra month or two can prove invaluable. Even $20 extra a month/$240 a year is worth the fight to some.
Josiegirl 04:46 PM 08-01-2014
I would think 30 days would be good.
I like DaveArmour and Crazy8's way of doing it. I've got to redo my whole handbook and policies and add that. That way parents will know changes will be coming.
Tags:rate change notification, rate increase, rate increase letter
Reply Up