Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Political Signs
bklsmum 08:51 AM 05-02-2015
So the Presidential Political season is fast approaching and I was curious if any of you put signs up in your yard for candidates you support. We are very active in politics and I always have before and it was never an issue but I have a bunch of new parents and I am not sure how it will go over with them. Has anyone ever had an issue?
Leigh 01:01 PM 05-02-2015
I don't care how it goes over with my parents. I've let several candidates that I support put signs in my yard. If the parents don't like it, that's their problem.
NoMoreJuice! 01:06 PM 05-02-2015
I have very liberal political views, and I have several extremely religious conservative families. I always have yard signs, and it's never bothered them because I don't try to lecture or sway them. We know where we stand, and just don't bring it up. They also trust me to remain politically neutral with their kiddos, the same way I practice neutrality about religious issues.
Annalee 01:48 PM 05-02-2015
Most politicians will ask here before placing a sign in the yard. We always decline but they use the "right of way" frontage on the highway in front of the daycare. There are so many signs for varying sides that my clients realize they are not any reflection of me Very rarely do I discuss religion or politics with any client. I am on my 8th year with a family, their fourth child, and we have gotten close over the years and have discussed certain issues because we both have kids in the school system now. My kids are older and she has lots of questions about the political side of school along with the acceptance of certain things that concern her. I am leary of getting into these issues with just anyone but, upon their request, we have had discussions after hours with this family and included some of my extended family.
originalkat 07:53 AM 05-04-2015
I dont put up political signs in my yard... just a personal preference.
bklsmum 08:08 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't care how it goes over with my parents. I've let several candidates that I support put signs in my yard. If the parents don't like it, that's their problem.
This is pretty much my stance as well.
bklsmum 08:10 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I have very liberal political views, and I have several extremely religious conservative families. I always have yard signs, and it's never bothered them because I don't try to lecture or sway them. We know where we stand, and just don't bring it up. They also trust me to remain politically neutral with their kiddos, the same way I practice neutrality about religious issues.
This is how I am as well. I have two fams that are VERY Tea Party and I know this from being FB friends with them. I am sure they know my views very well as well but we never discuss it. I would never bring it into the daycare either and I think they know that so we're good.
Sugar Magnolia 08:12 AM 05-04-2015
I think they are visual pollution. Yuck.
crazydaycarelady 08:19 AM 05-04-2015
I have done it in the past for personal friends that were running for office.
Starburst 08:59 AM 05-04-2015
Unless you are running a religious based program, I would avoid discussing or bringing attention to religion and politics with daycare parents. But it may be different if its a small town thing that usually doesn't get too heated up, like voting for school board or an education measure that benifits kids, teachers, and schools.
Blackcat31 09:39 AM 05-04-2015
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
So the Presidential Political season is fast approaching and I was curious if any of you put signs up in your yard for candidates you support. We are very active in politics and I always have before and it was never an issue but I have a bunch of new parents and I am not sure how it will go over with them. Has anyone ever had an issue?
I keep my business life and personal life very separate so I wouldn't personally post political signs in my daycare yard but I don't live here so I am not sure how I would feel if I did....

I would probably not put them in my yard because I have a business in my home and people get pretty bent out of shape about politics and religion so I would probably refrain.
Reply Up