Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Counting Netflix and Wireless Internet as an Expense?
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:24 PM 01-22-2016
This may have been addressed already somewhere on here but I couldn't find what I'm looking for. Can I count Netflix, Hulu, and those types of entertainment costs as a daycare expense? We do not have any actual TV stations or cable or anything so the only TV we get is through shows on Netflix and that type of thing. I allow my non nappers to watch a movie on Net Flix, Pure Flix or Hulu as part of their "quiet time" sometimes, and occasionally at other times.

Also, I use the internet a lot for business related stuff, educational games for the kids to play, and little videos for music and movement to get them dancing and moving and exercising. So can I count our monthly internet costs as a business expense? I probably use the internet more for daycare related things than personal, but I've never kept track of how much, so if I can count it, will the T/S% work on this?
TomCopeland 08:57 AM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
This may have been addressed already somewhere on here but I couldn't find what I'm looking for. Can I count Netflix, Hulu, and those types of entertainment costs as a daycare expense? We do not have any actual TV stations or cable or anything so the only TV we get is through shows on Netflix and that type of thing. I allow my non nappers to watch a movie on Net Flix, Pure Flix or Hulu as part of their "quiet time" sometimes, and occasionally at other times.

Also, I use the internet a lot for business related stuff, educational games for the kids to play, and little videos for music and movement to get them dancing and moving and exercising. So can I count our monthly internet costs as a business expense? I probably use the internet more for daycare related things than personal, but I've never kept track of how much, so if I can count it, will the T/S% work on this?
Yes, deduct your time-space % of netflix and monthly internet costs.
Thriftylady 09:10 AM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
I didn't even think about the netflix!
Preschool/daycare teacher 12:16 PM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I didn't even think about the netflix!
I was excited when I thought of it too, and was hoping I could count it. Netflix, Hulu, and Pure Flix costs $23/month for all three, so that can add up quick!
Preschool/daycare teacher 12:16 PM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Great! Thank you!
kitykids3 11:16 AM 01-28-2016
I don't have cable either so I only have Netflix or a couple DVD's if I give the kids TV time and since at least half my time on the internet is for business, I deduct both.
Reply Up