Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use For Attendance Book/Payment Log?
jenh171 05:48 AM 01-17-2011
I have been using the Red Leaf calendar keeper for the past 2 yrs. and I need to order something for 2011, but this Red Leaf one is a little more than I need. I mean, I only use the attendance part, not all the worksheets, menus, etc. Any ideas for an attendance book that is a little smaller/simpler?
SilverSabre25 05:54 AM 01-17-2011
You can just make a sheet in MS Word and print them off as needed. I made one awhile ago; let's see if I can attach it. I saved it as a .doc not .docx so hopefully anyone with Word should be able to view it. You can use the comments section to note if you had to send the child home, if you asked for supplies, when you got paid, whatever.
Attached: Attendance Sheet.doc (35.0 KB) 
jenh171 05:59 AM 01-17-2011
Thank you for the idea and taking the time to attach it. Unfortunately, I can't open the file...I think b/c I don't have microsoft office.
SilverSabre25 06:03 AM 01-17-2011
Ah, that would do it. Hmm, let's see if I can make it a different format. Here, how about a PDF? Hmm, it's complaining that the .pdf file is too big. Hmmm...do you have a google account? I could put it on Google Docs.
jenh171 06:05 AM 01-17-2011
yes, google docs would work...thank you so much.
AnythingsPossible 06:05 AM 01-17-2011
Last year i just purchased a large calendar/planner at WalMart and used that. It had monthly sections in the front in which I posted payments and extra hours worked, then it had weekly sections in which I posted all the childrens in and out times. It worked very well. I taped a fire evacuation sheet in the back over one of the sections I didn't need and posted the parents contact info in the address section. I think it was 7 bucks or so. This year I am again using the redleaf calendar as my food program provides them for us, but I think I prefer the calendar I bought last year.
SilverSabre25 06:08 AM 01-17-2011
Voila!

Attendance Sheet

I like it when I can make technology bend to my will, lol.

edited: It screwed up the formatting a bit; let me see if I can fix it.

edited again: I fixed it. The table should show up properly. Darn technology.
jenh171 06:18 AM 01-17-2011
thank you so much for taking the time to do that!
dEHmom 06:22 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
Thank you for the idea and taking the time to attach it. Unfortunately, I can't open the file...I think b/c I don't have microsoft office.
For anyone who needs a program like excel, or word or anything, there is a great program, really simple to use, even better than microsoft office and least i find it's called OpenOffice. It is free to download. I love it.
http://www.openoffice.org/
lil angels 10:17 AM 01-17-2011
I have a file that I have made to that has childs name rates and hrs and I give parents one big reciept at the end of the yr.
Michael 12:56 PM 01-17-2011
I've created a Attendance Sheet for PDF and Microsoft Word. Just click on the attachments.
Attached: AttendanceSheet.pdf (32.5 KB) AttendanceSheet.doc (42.0 KB) 
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:24 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I have a file that I have made to that has childs name rates and hrs and I give parents one big reciept at the end of the yr.
Is it a record book of sorts? If it is, I'd love to see it. There seems to be so many records a provider has to keep for taxes, payments paid (when and how much), late fees, attendance and hours in care, contact information, etc... I'd like to have some sort of idea of just how to keep track of all that information when I start one.
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:31 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Voila!

Attendance Sheet

I like it when I can make technology bend to my will, lol.

edited: It screwed up the formatting a bit; let me see if I can fix it.

edited again: I fixed it. The table should show up properly. Darn technology.
So the parents just find their child's attendance sheet each day and sign them in and out on their own sheet? Is it pretty easy to keep track of exactly which children were present on any given day of the week? Or do you just keep that one for your own records and have another one with everyone's names that the parents use each day so you can just look off of it for which children were there when? Just curious what the easiest way of doing things are lol
Abigail 09:38 PM 01-17-2011
I still can't decide whether I want an attendance sheet with all the children's first names on it to include: Date, Time In (Drop Off), Signature, Time Out (Pickup), Signature and just have all the children on one page per day in a three ring binder or if I should provider a separate weekly page per child.
SilverSabre25 04:50 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
So the parents just find their child's attendance sheet each day and sign them in and out on their own sheet? Is it pretty easy to keep track of exactly which children were present on any given day of the week? Or do you just keep that one for your own records and have another one with everyone's names that the parents use each day so you can just look off of it for which children were there when? Just curious what the easiest way of doing things are lol
I've done it both ways; My favorite way is having an individual sheet for each child, but everyone is different. I actually do the signing in and out myself because it makes drop offs smoother. I have several parents who would prefer to draw things out for ages and ages and doing the signing in and out myself encourages "drop and runs", which I vastly prefer, lol. Even with that I *still* have one who lingers and insists on taking off shoes and coat himself, and telling me unnecessary stuff...bleh.

It took me almost a year to decide on a sign in/out system that worked well enough for me that I could keep up on it.
Angels 05:16 AM 01-18-2011
Procare does most of what we need.
missnikki 06:50 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Angels:
Procare does most of what we need.
I am on ProCare too. It's set up nicely and has just about everything you would need. We also use the timeclock module, with a touchscreen monitor for digital signatures (using the ID codes).

Before we used that, I made my own sign in/ out sheets that were in a binder and covered an entire month.

I attached a 'lightweight' version (original file had bolded font, and shaded weekend dates when daycare is closed.)
Attached: MONTHLY SIGN OUT SHEET MASTER.jpeg.doc (48.0 KB) 
Childminder 11:03 AM 01-18-2011
Here's mine (I think) It is a calendar page for each child that has time in/out, space for parent initials, hours here, and food program meals that I circle each day. Plus it has weekend space for bu$ine$$ and weekly hours and also month end stuff. I keep in a loose leaf notebook by the door with each child tabbed and a pocket for handouts and pertinent stuff.

Not sure it's uploading, Sorry for my ignorance on how thing work.
Attached: ~$lendar word.doc (162 Bytes) 
Little People 11:09 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Here's mine (I think) It is a calendar page for each child that has time in/out, space for parent initials, hours here, and food program meals that I circle each day. Plus it has weekend space for bu$ine$$ and weekly hours and also month end stuff. I keep in a loose leaf notebook by the door with each child tabbed and a pocket for handouts and pertinent stuff.

It won't open
Michael 02:38 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Childminder:

It opened in my Word program but did not look right. Maybe it's older version of Word you are using?
Abigail 07:34 PM 01-18-2011
Childminder--your attachment doesn't work. You should try to upload it again by editing your post and removing the current one you have uploaded and try it again (after verifying it's the correct document).
Tags:attendance sheet
Reply Up