Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Use To Take Temps
lvt77 11:36 AM 01-11-2011
Can someone tell me what type of thermometer they use to check temps??
thanks
Missani 11:57 AM 01-11-2011
temporal-not sure of the brand but it's quick, easy, and accurate
Danielle 12:00 PM 01-11-2011
I have a temporal one. Best thing ever!!! I can even take a child's temp while they nap. I forget the brand but I got it from Walmart.
lvt77 12:08 PM 01-11-2011
thanks for the response...I will get one today!!!
Michael 02:11 PM 01-11-2011
Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer Model # 2000C

lvt77 02:28 PM 01-11-2011
the reason that I asked this question, is because I have one that goes under the arm and one of my DCP said that it was not accurate. I sent their child home sick with a temp of 102.1...they said when they got home they took her temp and it was normal.....
Michael 02:57 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
the reason that I asked this question, is becuse I have one that goes under the arm and one of my DCP said that it was not accurate. I sent their child home sick with a temp of 102.1...they said when they got home they took her temp and it was normal.....
This one you use on the forehead. That is where most of us usually feel for temperature. Did she feel like she had a 102 temp? That is pretty high and would only go down like that if someone gave her something like Childrens Tylenol.
Francine 03:06 PM 01-11-2011
THis is what I have too! Love it!
Live and Learn 03:06 PM 01-11-2011
According to the mayo clinic website you should add one degree when taking temp under armpit.
lvt77 03:11 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
This one you use on the forehead. That is where most of us usually feel for temperature. Did she feel like she had a 102 temp? That is pretty high and would only go down like that if someone gave her something like Childrens Tylenol.
dck def had a temp. was burning up when I picked them up.

I think parents dont want to keep dck home. However, I am still going to buy this one...
alyssyn 06:04 PM 01-11-2011
I use this one also!
Abigail 07:09 PM 01-11-2011
wow, this certainly is a popular one. Good thing I'm learning what is popular (not to be in the "Popular Club", but to know what works for many)....this way I know what to buy and claim for taxes.

I just went to the walmart site to see more information and the first image they have it the front view showing the temperature of 75.......what in the world did they take a temperature of at 75?! LOL
lvt77 07:17 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
wow, this certainly is a popular one. Good thing I'm learning what is popular (not to be in the "Popular Club", but to know what works for many)....this way I know what to buy and claim for taxes.

I just went to the walmart site to see more information and the first image they have it the front view showing the temperature of 75.......what in the world did they take a temperature of at 75?! LOL
Hey chicka!! How are ya...I am actually readin your PHB...lol Hope all is well!!!
Abigail 07:31 PM 01-11-2011
Doin' well. I have not been on daycare.com much the last few days and the weekend flew by so I missed checking in then too. I just got home from work an hour ago and am not unwinding for the night. I have an am shift tomorrow (less sleep), but I will be done by 5 pm to relax until Friday! I'm still going to work on the parent handbook when I get a chance, thank goodness I'm not limited on time! BTW, I think this thermometer is really cool....better than the ones we used as kids!
Tags:thermometer
Reply Up