Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michael....avatar help???
MissAnn 06:33 AM 03-16-2013
Can you make my profile picture my avatar?????? Thanks!
mamac 06:43 AM 03-16-2013
You should be able to upload your picture in the User Control panel to change your avatar. It's titled "User CP" above the thread here.
dEHmom 06:44 AM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
You should be able to upload your picture in the User Control panel to change your avatar. It's titled "User CP" above the thread here.
haha i was just typing this and you posted first.
MissAnn 06:54 AM 03-16-2013
The page was blank, but I'll try again!
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 03-16-2013
I changed it for you
MissAnn 06:57 AM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I changed it for you
Thanks! I just went in and the page wasn't blank any more and saw the butterfly and changed it too. Wonder if we did it at the same time? I'm just glad to have it! Thanks all!
mamac 07:01 AM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
The page was blank, but I'll try again!
I noticed that, too. It's not actually blank. For some reason everything is way over to the right of the screen and you have to scroll over to see it. Maybe that's something Michael can adjust.
MissAnn 07:14 AM 03-16-2013
I noticed that, too. It's not actually blank. For some reason everything is way over to the right of the screen and you have to scroll over to see it. Maybe that's something Michael can adjust.
That's what it was like for me too....but I thought I would have a hard time explaining it. LOL It's nice to have a picture that other people don't have. Sometimes I remember people in here more by their picture than their name.
Blackcat31 07:18 AM 03-16-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
That's what it was like for me too....but I thought I would have a hard time explaining it. LOL It's nice to have a picture that other people don't have. Sometimes I remember people in here more by their picture than their name.
What page is appearing blank?

Sometimes everything is over to the right due to the sizing of the photo... ??

When I upgrade new members I always try to give them avatars that aren't any of the ones the board provides.

I too, like when everyone has something different. I pay a lot more attention to the avatar sometimes than I do to the actual users name.
MissAnn 07:24 AM 03-16-2013

When I upgrade new members I always try to give them avatars that aren't any of the ones the board provides.

I too, like when everyone has something different. I pay a lot more attention to the avatar sometimes than I do to the actual users name.
The avatar changing page. My computer is set for large print though...so I thought that might have something to do with it.
mamac 08:10 AM 03-16-2013

In the User CP, when you click on "edit avatar" all the information is way over to the right which makes it appear as though the page is blank. It took me a second to realize that I needed to scroll over in order to see it. All the other option pages appear the right way though so I don't think it's a matter of my settings.
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 03-16-2013
Ok, now I see what you gals are talking about.... WOW! No wonder people have trouble figuring out avatar's! LOL!

I don't use that method to change or add avatars as I use a "moderator" section for doing it and although I do see the same thing you do, it is on a smaller scale and not shifted to the right like that.

But either way, glad you figured it out and were able to add your own custom avatar.
MissAnn 09:00 AM 03-16-2013
Ok, now I see what you gals are talking about.... WOW! No wonder people have trouble figuring out avatar's! LOL!

I don't use that method to change or add avatars as I use a "moderator" section for doing it and although I do see the same thing you do, it is on a smaller scale and not shifted to the right like that.

But either way, glad you figured it out and were able to add your own custom avatar.
Oh no! Now everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon and change their avatar and we won't know who is who any more! It will be pandemonium!

On the other hand....blackcat.....did you just think we were slow learners? Be honest now!
mamac 09:29 AM 03-16-2013
...I don't use that method to change or add avatars as I use a "moderator" section for doing it...
Well, la dee da to you! Aren't you special! Us regular folk don't have fancy sections!

I think the way it shows up might be the addition of some new avatars... (maybe?) It didn't look like that when I first joined and changed my avatar and I don't remember seeing a few of the choices there before.
Tags:avatar, forum question
Reply Up