Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stupid Reasons Parents Fire Child Care Providers
AmyKidsCo 01:19 PM 01-29-2015
Great article!

http://www.blogher.com/fired-no-chil...ul-termination
daycare 02:05 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Great article!

http://www.blogher.com/fired-no-chil...ul-termination
that was a little intense.....While I agree with some of that, this provider sounds really really jaded...I want to reach out and give her a hug
Blackcat31 03:19 PM 01-29-2015
I will NOT support nor promote this particular writer.

If any of you have been on this board for any length of time, go read a few more of her blog posts. She has several...

Tell me WHO she reminds you of or what phrases, key words and concepts click in your head.....

ETA.... Nothing to do with you Amy. Sorry about being a wet blanket in your thread.
daycare 03:30 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

If any of you have been on this board for any length of time, go read a few more of her blog posts. She has several...

Tell me WHO she reminds you of or what phrases, key words and concepts click in your head.....

ETA.... Nothing to do with you Amy. Sorry about being a wet blanket in your thread.
can I the name here? because I thought already that it sounded like someone from here
midaycare 03:31 PM 01-29-2015

??? Previous poster here?
daycare 03:32 PM 01-29-2015
is playground a part of their name??
e.j. 03:32 PM 01-29-2015
I don't know....I think you could go on any day care forum and see the same reasons/complaints she listed. I thought she was spot on.
daycare 03:38 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I don't know....I think you could go on any day care forum and see the same reasons/complaints she listed. I thought she was spot on.
it was the way it was written and the way the words were used.

I have to people in mind, just curious if I am along the lines of even being close to what BC was thinking.
KiddieCahoots 04:12 PM 01-29-2015
After the year I just had

I feel so validated after reading that ..........
MyAngels 04:23 PM 01-29-2015
Agreed. I've been around awhile, and don't recognize her, whoever she is. But then, I don't spend a lot of time getting worked up over things that happen on message boards, so who am I to judge
e.j. 05:10 PM 01-29-2015
This is kind of funny to me because the whole time I was reading the article, I was thinking, "I wonder if the blogger is someone from Daycare.com. Everything she's written sounds so much like many of the vents I've read there!" When I posted my reply, I could only see the op's initial message with the link and daycare's reply saying she thought the provider sounded jaded. I hadn't seen anyone else's comments until now.

I have no idea who the blogger is and I still feel you can go on any child care forum and see providers venting about the same things but I guess, from the sounds of it, I may have been right when I thought the blogger might be someone from this forum!
KiddieCahoots 05:23 PM 01-29-2015
Can somebody give us a hint?

Curiosity has gotten the best of me
Blackcat31 05:30 PM 01-29-2015
This is kind of funny to me because the whole time I was reading the article, I was thinking, "I wonder if the blogger is someone from Daycare.com. Everything she's written sounds so much like many of the vents I've read there!" When I posted my reply, I could only see the op's initial message with the link and daycare's reply saying she thought the provider sounded jaded. I hadn't seen anyone else's comments until now.

I have no idea who the blogger is and I still feel you can go on any child care forum and see providers venting about the same things but I guess, from the sounds of it, I may have been right when I thought the blogger might be someone from this forum!
Its not the subject matter. Its specific words, phrases and the manner in which something is explained. Its very unique.

It might just be something I do but I notice tempo, tone, and the overall grammatical way a person writes and often I can tell who a poster is just by that verses looking at their user name/avatar.
KiddieCahoots 05:36 PM 01-29-2015
Bc can you give us a little more.......

We're not as good at this as you.
CraftyMom 06:10 PM 01-29-2015
When I started reading I thought it sounded like Nannyde, then realized it wasn't her. Maybe someone copying her? Or her book?
Blackcat31 06:19 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
When I started reading I thought it sounded like Nannyde, then realized it wasn't her. Maybe someone copying her? Or her book?

Attached: image.jpg (100.4 KB) 
CraftyMom 06:21 PM 01-29-2015
Then I had to read the other blogs and yes, she sounds like her!
CraftyMom 06:21 PM 01-29-2015

Sugar Magnolia 06:31 PM 01-29-2015
Chicken dinner. Hmmm.......thnking.... (Scratching head. Smell rubber burning)🐔
CraftyMom 06:43 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Chicken dinner. Hmmm.......thnking.... (Scratching head. Smell rubber burning)��
Winner, winner, chicken dinner
SilverSabre25 06:47 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Chicken dinner. Hmmm.......thnking.... (Scratching head. Smell rubber burning)🐔
Oh good I'm not the only one.
e.j. 06:48 PM 01-29-2015
Its not the subject matter. Its specific words, phrases and the manner in which something is explained. Its very unique.

It might just be something I do but I notice tempo, tone, and the overall grammatical way a person writes and often I can tell who a poster is just by that verses looking at their user name/avatar.
It was definitely the wording and phrasing that seemed so familiar to me and made me think the blogger might be someone from this forum. I still have no idea who it is, though....I can be so dense sometimes! I'd never make a good detective!
nannyde 06:52 PM 01-29-2015
I'm tired of my stuff being taken. Check out this book

Daycare: Busy Parents Guide to Raise Healthy Kids Worry Free (Daycare Management, Childcare, Daycare, Daycare Business, Childcare Books, Daycare Whisperers) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PY...aw_ss_kndl_dp/

It's a bizarre book with nonsensical sentences. It looks fake. I can't find ANYTHING on the author. It's three bucks for nine pages and the sentences look like they are jumbled together.

Every time I search my book that book comes up.

I'm over it.
CraftyMom 06:59 PM 01-29-2015
It was definitely the wording and phrasing that seemed so familiar to me and made me think the blogger might be someone from this forum. I still have no idea who it is, though....I can be so dense sometimes! I'd never make a good detective!
It's Nannyde who sounds familiar to you. The woman in the blog is using her wording and ideas. Sounds like some of the things the blogger is saying may have been taken from what Nannyde posts on here or from her book. I haven't read the book yet (shame on me )
daycare 07:05 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Daycare: Busy Parents Guide to Raise Healthy Kids Worry Free (Daycare Management, Childcare, Daycare, Daycare Business, Childcare Books, Daycare Whisperers) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PY...aw_ss_kndl_dp/

It's a bizarre book with nonsensical sentences. It looks fake. I can't find ANYTHING on the author. It's three bucks for nine pages and the sentences look like they are jumbled together.

I'm over it.
I got kung fu skills nan....let me at em...........lol
jk

BUT that really sucks. I hate that there are people like this in this world.
AmyKidsCo 07:40 PM 01-29-2015
It's Nannyde who sounds familiar to you. The woman in the blog is using her wording and ideas. Sounds like some of the things the blogger is saying may have been taken from what Nannyde posts on here or from her book. I haven't read the book yet (shame on me )
I'm sorry Nannyde! If I'd known it was a copycat I wouldn't have shared it. I thought it was an amusing read, but now I guess we know who the credit really goes to.
KiddieCahoots 07:59 PM 01-29-2015
I'm still at a loss, that's nothing new though.........

Nannyde, I know it's no consolation, but you know that saying "imitation is the best form of flattery", and we all know, she's copying from the best.
Blackcat31 08:10 PM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I'm sorry Nannyde! If I'd known it was a copycat I wouldn't have shared it. I thought it was an amusing read, but now I guess we know who the credit really goes to.
Actually I think its great that you posted it... It brings the subject to light and initiates a conversation about it....

Amy, you and I talked about this alot when you were so gracious as to help with my website... I totally understand working hard to express yourself in your own words.. It is very personal and I get how hurtful and just wrong it is for someone to use that as their own.

The article was shared on other sites too and I am sure other readers can make the connect between the two writers as well so... I wouldnt feel bad about posting it at all
e.j. 08:33 PM 01-29-2015
Oh wow! Thanks for spelling it out for me!
That's such a lousy thing to do! When people do this kind of thing, don't they realize that someone (not me obviously!) will eventually recognize that it's plagiarized work and that they'll be called out on it? Why would you risk the embarrassment and humiliation?

Nannyde, is there anything you can do legally to put a stop to it?
Controlled Chaos 08:44 PM 01-29-2015
Oh my goodness, I totally read BC issue with the blog backwards. I read the blog and thought Oh wow, that's nannydee...huh

Then, read BC comment and thought she was saying she didn't like it because it WAS nannyde. I kept thinks AWKWARD this is sooo AWKWARD nannyde is totally gonna see that

struggling lol, don't worry, I figured out what's happening
nannyde 04:59 AM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I'm over it.
The cover picture of the book is from a Pediatric Occupational Therapy company in San Diego. It's just cropped.
Attached: copybook2.jpg (14.1 KB) copybook.jpg (18.5 KB) 
Blackcat31 05:10 AM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Oh my goodness, I totally read BC issue with the blog backwards. I read the blog and thought Oh wow, that's nannydee...huh

Then, read BC comment and thought she was saying she didn't like it because it WAS nannyde. I kept thinks AWKWARD this is sooo AWKWARD nannyde is totally gonna see that

...that's funny...
nannyde 06:16 AM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:

Hysterical!
Heidi 07:45 AM 01-30-2015
I'm totally late to the party once more, but as I was reading it, I immediately thought "why is this person stealing Nan's stuff?"
midaycare 08:07 AM 01-30-2015
I can never tell who is writing what by posts, so I would never be able to tell ... but why steal someone's stuff? If you are a dcp, you have enough to write about! You don't need to steal.

If it's who I think everyone is referring to, I think I joined here late in that drama. I remember some posts from her, but nothing crazy. I must have missed the good stuff. I usually do. My life is soooo boring.
daycarediva 11:03 AM 01-30-2015
I'm so clueless about this LOL!

I, too thought it sounded like Nan's writing.
KiddieCahoots 11:12 AM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I'm so clueless about this LOL!

I, too thought it sounded like Nan's writing.
...... I'm so glad you came in saying this, cause I'm still all....huh!?....What!? ......

I get that someone coppied Nannyde's words for their own blog and book.

But not understanding the chicken dinner hint.

Chicken dumplings?
chick?
Idk?

This is almost like playing charades.....
first word!.....two syllables! ........
Heidi 12:17 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
...... I'm so glad you came in saying this, cause I'm still all....huh!?....What!? ......

I get that someone coppied Nannyde's words for their own blog and book.

But not understanding the chicken dinner hint.

Chicken dumplings?
chick?
Idk?

This is almost like playing charades.....
first word!.....two syllables! ........
It must be a midwest thing. When someone gets the right answer, we sometimes say "ding, ding ding.....winner, winner, chicken dinner!" She wasn't hinting about who it was. You can see the authors name on the post, and "coincidentally" she lives in the same town that Nan used to live in. I don't know that she copied the stuff from here. It could have been any where that Nan's stuff is published.
KiddieCahoots 01:08 PM 01-30-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
It must be a midwest thing. When someone gets the right answer, we sometimes say "ding, ding ding.....winner, winner, chicken dinner!" She wasn't hinting about who it was. You can see the authors name on the post, and "coincidentally" she lives in the same town that Nan used to live in. I don't know that she copied the stuff from here. It could have been any where that Nan's stuff is published.
Ohhhhh.......lol! Here I am brainstorming, thinking.....why can't I get these clues............

Thanks for clarifying
Reply Up