Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tgif!
daycarediva 10:20 AM 01-08-2016
Here's my day so far.

Rundown of the 6 kids:

3yo very part time/drop in,gets dropped off and is THIS CLOSE to crying. ALL DAY. If I leave the room, tears. If I say no, tears. If I say play toys.... You get the idea.

5yo missed breakfast, Mom is ALWAYS late and she was warned I will NOT hold up our schedule. We don't eat at 9, we eat at 8. No idea how she still has a job, as she is ALWAYS late. Argues, then tries to bring in food (which is chips, from her lunch). I tell her she can either take dck or he can stay and wait for the next meal. She opts to let him stay. Angry texts ensue.

Toddler/21mo having a heck of a time after a one MONTH break (grandma was visiting from out of the country). Lots of not so awesome new behaviors. whiny, clingy, you name it.

2yo of termed family (for policy violations and the Dad trying to negotiate), has been sick enough to be miserable, but not sick enough to meet exclusionary criteria for a month now. I have made them keep her home 4 times. They are blaming teething. It's an upper respiratory infection, long story short, every single time I wipe her nose, refuse to pick her up, or say/do anything she has screeched at the top of her lungs. That ear piercing scream cry.

3yo- fine 3yo- fine (siblings)

Finish up circle time, dcg 2 is so miserable I opt to just put her down for a nap. I text Mom and she said "I am not picking her up AGAIN." I decide to just cut their notice short and term this evening effective immediately.

Miss morning outside time because the 2yo is OUT. Everyone is annoyed about it and off schedule. Get out music toys to do some dancing and get energy out. 3yo drop in is scared- screams. Wakes up 2yo.

2yo screams if you look at her now.

3yo who was fine, starts throwing up. EVERYWHERE. I have to pick up a vomiting 3yo and bring her into the half bath while she is projectile vomiting.

Toddler screams, runs to follow me, slips in vomit.

3yo drop in child is HYSTERICAL because of the vomiting/other child screaming, so she is standing in the middle of the floor SCREAMING at the top of her lungs.

I now have two vomit covered children naked in the bathroom. toddler grabs my hair. Vomit in my hair. I get them cleaned up, 3yo is still vomiting actively. Call Mom, no answer (medical field) call dad, no answer (college professor), call grandma. She is about 30 minutes away, has to stop at Mom's work to get house keys and then come here. eta- 1 1/2 hours.

3yo has not stopped screaming.

2yo is on/off screaming.

5yo is now whining, LOUDLY because he's 'bored and hungry'.

Grandma shows up. no car seat for sibling. 3yo aibling is now sobbing.

Lunch is late.

NOBODY eats lunch.

fast forward to nap time.

3yo is still screaming.

other 3yo is on/off crying.

2yo is a hot mess crying.

21 mo keeps being woken up by ^.

5yo is OUT, and Mom just sent me a text "picking up early, be there between 1:45-2:30."

Lord help me today!
rosieteddy 10:26 AM 01-08-2016
Thank you thank you thank you I am sitting here in my quiet house trying to decide if I should reopen D.C. You have decided for me today(sorry).You deserve a break ,at least its Friday.
Leigh 10:31 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Here's my day so far.

Rundown of the 6 kids:

3yo very part time/drop in,gets dropped off and is THIS CLOSE to crying. ALL DAY. If I leave the room, tears. If I say no, tears. If I say play toys.... You get the idea.

5yo missed breakfast, Mom is ALWAYS late and she was warned I will NOT hold up our schedule. We don't eat at 9, we eat at 8. No idea how she still has a job, as she is ALWAYS late. Argues, then tries to bring in food (which is chips, from her lunch). I tell her she can either take dck or he can stay and wait for the next meal. She opts to let him stay. Angry texts ensue.

Toddler/21mo having a heck of a time after a one MONTH break (grandma was visiting from out of the country). Lots of not so awesome new behaviors. whiny, clingy, you name it.

2yo of termed family (for policy violations and the Dad trying to negotiate), has been sick enough to be miserable, but not sick enough to meet exclusionary criteria for a month now. I have made them keep her home 4 times. They are blaming teething. It's an upper respiratory infection, long story short, every single time I wipe her nose, refuse to pick her up, or say/do anything she has screeched at the top of her lungs. That ear piercing scream cry.

3yo- fine 3yo- fine (siblings)

Finish up circle time, dcg 2 is so miserable I opt to just put her down for a nap. I text Mom and she said "I am not picking her up AGAIN." I decide to just cut their notice short and term this evening effective immediately.

Miss morning outside time because the 2yo is OUT. Everyone is annoyed about it and off schedule. Get out music toys to do some dancing and get energy out. 3yo drop in is scared- screams. Wakes up 2yo.

2yo screams if you look at her now.

3yo who was fine, starts throwing up. EVERYWHERE. I have to pick up a vomiting 3yo and bring her into the half bath while she is projectile vomiting.

Toddler screams, runs to follow me, slips in vomit.

3yo drop in child is HYSTERICAL because of the vomiting/other child screaming, so she is standing in the middle of the floor SCREAMING at the top of her lungs.

I now have two vomit covered children naked in the bathroom. toddler grabs my hair. Vomit in my hair. I get them cleaned up, 3yo is still vomiting actively. Call Mom, no answer (medical field) call dad, no answer (college professor), call grandma. She is about 30 minutes away, has to stop at Mom's work to get house keys and then come here. eta- 1 1/2 hours.

3yo has not stopped screaming.

2yo is on/off screaming.

5yo is now whining, LOUDLY because he's 'bored and hungry'.

Grandma shows up. no car seat for sibling. 3yo aibling is now sobbing.

Lunch is late.

NOBODY eats lunch.

fast forward to nap time.

3yo is still screaming.

other 3yo is on/off crying.

2yo is a hot mess crying.

21 mo keeps being woken up by ^.

5yo is OUT, and Mom just sent me a text "picking up early, be there between 1:45-2:30."

Lord help me today!
I could have started crying, myself, after reading that! We've all had those days (or those weeks). It really does make you want to run away from home sometimes, doesn't it?
daycarediva 10:37 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
Thank you thank you thank you I am sitting here in my quiet house trying to decide if I should reopen D.C. You have decided for me today(sorry).You deserve a break ,at least its Friday.
Stay retired, you!

Originally Posted by Leigh:
I could have started crying, myself, after reading that! We've all had those days (or those weeks). It really does make you want to run away from home sometimes, doesn't it?
Once I put everyone down, clean and safe, I admit, I did cry. While stripping my vomit splattered clothes off and wiping off/putting up my smelly hair. I am now less smelly, patting the 2yo's back. Don't make eye contact or she will cry.

My husband came home at lunch and helped clean up the table/kitchen, so I have that going for me.
NeedaVaca 10:38 AM 01-08-2016
OMG! You poor thing, well on the bright side it can't get worse right? ummm...well you still have term to get through...hot bath and nice glass of wine tonight
laundrymom 10:46 AM 01-08-2016
I just want to come be a sub for you so you can shower. You poor thing.
TGIF is no lie.

Stay retired, you!

Once I put everyone down, clean and safe, I admit, I did cry. While stripping my vomit splattered clothes off and wiping off/putting up my smelly hair. I am now less smelly, patting the 2yo's back. Don't make eye contact or she will cry.

My husband came home at lunch and helped clean up the table/kitchen, so I have that going for me.

Josiegirl 10:46 AM 01-08-2016
Wow! That's got to be the worst 'calgon take me away' kind of a day I've ever heard about! I'm so sorry your day has gone like that but YES, at least it's Friday!
And that Friday night drink is sounding pretty good, don'tcha think?
midaycare 10:47 AM 01-08-2016
Now that is a day! I hope the rest goes smoothly.
Play Care 11:03 AM 01-08-2016
Stay retired, you!

childcaremom 11:04 AM 01-08-2016
With all that going on.... how is the 5 yo bored?

Seriously, though:

Tgif indeed. Enjoy your shower once everyone leaves and I hope your weekend is relaxing.
Jack Sprat 11:08 AM 01-08-2016
Oh wow! My window doesn't seem so bad now. I think I would have cried too.
Sunshine74 11:22 AM 01-08-2016
Yikes! I hope the rest of your day goes by smoother.
daycarediva 11:34 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
With all that going on.... how is the 5 yo bored?

Seriously, though:

Tgif indeed. Enjoy your shower once everyone leaves and I hope your weekend is relaxing.
Unless directly entertained, he is always bored.

She vomited the entire length of the playroom, so I had to move everyone out, block it off and then clean it. During that time, they had limited access to toys (or attention) and it took well over an hour for grandma to arrive, and dcg continually vomited the ENTIRE time.
Preschool/daycare teacher 03:03 PM 01-08-2016
Wow. That's like a nightmare, only ten times worse because it's real. I would have cried. I'm like Laundrymom. I wish I could be a substitute for you so you could have gotten some help and a shower.
daycarediva 03:40 PM 01-08-2016
and then sibling wasn't picked up until 20 minutes ago and they got a HEFTY late fee. Eh, it paid for my take out and wine. I also cleaned, rearranged and sanitized my entire playroom and dd kept an eye on her while I washed my hair at least.

I felt like Scarlett O'Hara "after all, tomorrow is another day."
Reply Up