Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sometimes Parents Give Me Such A Laugh
lovemykidstoo 10:34 AM 01-26-2018
I have a dcm that her daughter comes twice a week. The little girl is an angel and I like her alot. Mom is fine, but it's 100% business. She texted me today to see if I had an opening on a different day. She needs to add 1 day this coming week. I say, yup that's fine. Then she wants to come 15 minutes before I open. I already work 10 hours a day, so I really don't want to do that, but I said, sure I can do that for $5 extra. Oh now all of a sudden my opening time is fine. I cracked up out loud when I read the text. She had been talking about taking an exercise class about a month ago and wanted to know if I ever opened early. Think I nipped that one right away hahahaha Just something to smile about on a Friday!
daycarediva 11:28 AM 01-26-2018

Got a text after drop off "Oh I forgot my checkbook. Can I pay you Monday?"

"yup, just add the $50 late fee, or I can invoice you..."

magically, she was able to find her atm card to withdraw cash.
lovemykidstoo 11:31 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

lol I love it!!! Isn't that funny how things happen when money is involved? hahaha
Mom2Two 05:33 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

"I forgot my checkbook" is my favorite ever. And yes, there are three ATMs within 1/4 mile of my house.
Mom2Two 05:35 PM 01-26-2018
And it never fails that when parents tell me that their kiddo is sooooo ready for underwear, and then I remind them of the $20 underwear accident fee, all of a sudden their child needs more time in pull ups. It. never. fails.
flying_babyb 07:09 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
And it never fails that when parents tell me that their kiddo is sooooo ready for underwear, and then I remind them of the $20 underwear accident fee, all of a sudden their child needs more time in pull ups. It. never. fails.
THis is why I need to open a home daycare! charge $20 for a poop accidnet. I have a kid (i work at a center) who poops in his underwear once a DAY! It drives me nuts. Never the same time either
Josiegirl 02:52 AM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
THis is why I need to open a home daycare! charge $20 for a poop accidnet. I have a kid (i work at a center) who poops in his underwear once a DAY! It drives me nuts. Never the same time either
That would put me over the edge. I had a dcm who sent her dds in underwear because they had a good weekend. I assumed she meant pooping in the toilet too. Well, uh no. So right back into pull-ups they went. Months later they're still not using the toilet for pooping. They'll only be here for a few more months; let the parents figure it out on their own time. I cannot be cleaning up poop underwear accidents done by 2 kids every day.
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up