Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Easter!
CenterTeacher20 09:40 AM 04-12-2020
What's everyone doing to celebrate today while social-distancing? I made egg-bakes and banana bread (spiced cream cheese AND nutella swirl) and dropped them off at my parents doorstep and boyfriend's parents doorstep. We are eating our egg-bake and drinking our canned starbucks nitro-brew coffees and doing laundry today.

Hope everyone gets to celebrate a little bit today!!
Annalee 10:41 AM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
What's everyone doing to celebrate today while social-distancing? I made egg-bakes and banana bread (spiced cream cheese AND nutella swirl) and dropped them off at my parents doorstep and boyfriend's parents doorstep. We are eating our egg-bake and drinking our canned starbucks nitro-brew coffees and doing laundry today.

Hope everyone gets to celebrate a little bit today!!
Storming here so a day in side in the pajamas....watch a few lifetime movies, some espn sports re-runs, some news feeds on TV and computer, and catnaps between it all so a lot of doing nothin'
Josiegirl 11:18 AM 04-12-2020
Today's also my dh's 69th birthday, he requested Stir-Fry Beef and Pineapple Upside Down Cake so that's what we'll be having later. Then we get to video chat with our 3 kids. I went grocery shopping this a.m. at the seemingly only open store anywhere around here; it seriously looks like a ghost town now. We just got back from a car ride and it looks like a ghost town everywhere. :/

I hope we see the end to this, this summer. It's getting depressing.

May everybody have a wonderful day, no matter how you're spending it! Stay healthy and have hope!!
e.j. 11:18 AM 04-12-2020
Happy Easter! We usually get together with my extended family and have brunch either at one of our homes or at a restaurant. Since that's out for this year, my son and husband have been out working in the yard. Later, we plan to have a ham dinner with potatoes and green beans. Nothing fancy; just a relaxing weekend for us.
Michael 11:30 AM 04-12-2020
Happy Easter. Went for a hike yesterday with my wife and daughter to get some exercise and fresh air.
Attached: 75DFF4AF-FE59-4606-8F90-DD00062B4FC9.jpg (68.1 KB) 
Cat Herder 01:14 PM 04-12-2020
Big storms today, will be bigger and possibly severe tonight, so we are taking it easy, today. Right now I am binge-watching American Experience episodes, catching up on entering time/space "other" hours, expenses and answering emails. Back to work in the morning.

We spent all day yesterday on heavy property maintenance. We physically need the break today.
Second Home 02:18 PM 04-12-2020
Happy Easter .
Gemma 02:32 PM 04-12-2020
Happy Easter!
Blackcat31 03:44 PM 04-12-2020
Happy Easter everyone!
Happy Birthday to Josies hubby!

Calm, chilly day around here. Spent the day Spring cleaning.
Made Easter dinner in to-go containers to deliver to my kids tomorrow.

My Dd had an exposure while at work so she’s quarantined for the next two weeks.
Scary but she was wearing all the right stuff as she works on the COVID flor of her hospital. Thankfully the number of cases in our area have been less than 10 so far...

I took Friday and Monday off so we’ll drive over to her apartment and drop dinner and supplies off on her doorstep tomorrow. She’s having a really hard time not being able to see/touch others right now. Breaks my heart as a mom.

Hoping everyone had a good Easter... it’s a good day to remember Hope is never lost! Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Jo123ABC 05:25 PM 04-12-2020
I had my baby a few days ago! I don't have the energy to cook or do anything too exciting so my husband made mashed potatoes, corn and ham steak for lunch and chicken nuggets, tots, and broccoli for supper my 3 and 5 year old are happy campers. They watched the new trolls and had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard and are now playing with foam soap in the bath that they got from the Easter bunny. I have been snuggling/nursing my newborn and cat napping in between hanging out with my family

Happy Easter everyone!
Josiegirl 03:39 AM 04-13-2020
Jo123ABC, so glad to hear you and your new baby(and whole family!!) are doing well! Congratulations!!! Your sharing of your children and Easter hunts brings back so many memories of how life used to be when our kids were little. Enjoy these days; they're a sweet precious gift!!!

Thanks BC, for my dh's birthday wishes. I wish he'd retire already. He keeps hanging in there hoping his retirement fund will creep back up; it's gonna take a long time. I hope your dd stays healthy!! This is and has been such a trying time for everybody. What a wonderful mom you are for all that you're doing for her to keep her sane.

Life has brought all of us unforeseeable changes. We have no choice but to bend to new rules and adapt to new ways of doing things. Hoping we can all find the hope, faith, and courage to keep on enjoying life through this. I'm also hoping we can see the world's priorities change to where they should be. If only......

Stay well everyone!!
Michael 03:43 AM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
I had my baby a few days ago! I don't have the energy to cook or do anything too exciting so my husband made mashed potatoes, corn and ham steak for lunch and chicken nuggets, tots, and broccoli for supper my 3 and 5 year old are happy campers. They watched the new trolls and had an Easter egg hunt in the back yard and are now playing with foam soap in the bath that they got from the Easter bunny. I have been snuggling/nursing my newborn and cat napping in between hanging out with my family

Happy Easter everyone!
Congratulations on you new addition!
Ariana 07:37 AM 04-13-2020

Happy Easter everyone!
Awww snuggling with a newborn! Doesn’t get any better than that. Enjoy every minute
e.j. 09:45 AM 04-13-2020
I had my baby a few days ago!
That's great! Congratulations.
Jo123ABC 08:58 PM 04-13-2020
Thanks everyone! I'm feeling pretty blessed! Now to self isolate and homeschool for maternity leave... I have a good reason to close for 6 weeks
AmyKidsCo 12:44 PM 04-14-2020
I had my baby a few days ago!
Congratulations!

I was off Friday to yesterday so I celebrated by NOT disinfecting every night. We watched church and Hubby made a ham with all the fixin's. Other than that it was just a low-key day. I have 2 close-to-6-month olds in care so it's nice to be able to do ANYTHING without interruption.
Reply Up