Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Case of The "NO!!!"s
Christophina 04:09 AM 09-15-2010
So, right now I have only one dck and man is she a tough one. She is 17.5 months old and she has what I call a case of the NOs. No matter how many positive words I say, no matter how I phrase anything, she says and yells NO to me and to my ds (15 months). She is very smart and I know she understands me. She has a large vocabulary (20+ words) but no matter what, everything is NO. She snatches from ds and she just will not listen! I think that her mother has very little structure and since she is only here 3 days a week, dcg is not wanting to adapt to all my structure. I am losing my mind here!
tymaboy 05:12 AM 09-15-2010
I feel for you. I have a 2 1/2 yr old who is into the NO word. For the last few months I have tried ignoring it & depending on the tome of it I will talk to him him about it. Afew weeks ago I was talking to DCM & mentioned that it was getting bad that I was ready to start sending him to TO for it. She told me they have been doing that for awhile at home already. The next day I started doing the same. He still says NO but not as much as before. It helps when both the parent & provider are on the same page & do the same thing to correct the behavor.
Unregistered 05:19 AM 09-15-2010
Put her in time out when she tells you no, takes toys, etc. she isnt to young and from you saying she is smart she really isnt to young then. I start time out from 15 months - 18 months depending on the childs undertstanding by then.
Tags:discipline
Reply Up