Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Childcare Counsel/CPS Help
MommyofThree 04:29 AM 10-05-2011
Hi I need advise on this. Someone called the childcare people on me for having 8-10 children {im not resister} but I dont. That is not my complsint. I have nothing to hide. well this same lady came a year ago and right after cps showed a day later. I knew it was childcare lady. Well two days ago same lady shows and I rufuse to let her in and called her out on it. She left and next day again cps is at my door. allegation is that im unstable. lol. The cps worker was very kind and seen nothing wrong with me. Is there away I can get an order of protection to have them not cps the childcare people stay away from me???? I just think its now harrassment and im so sick of it. what can I do as a person in the comuinity to have a say against people who take advantage of their position???? I called the childcare counsil last night and said if they show up again I will call the cops, but will the cops be on my side:{ thanks .
Cat Herder 04:45 AM 10-05-2011
Why is this woman coming to your house?

Was she a former client?
cheerfuldom 05:52 AM 10-05-2011
I don't think there is anything you can do about it because you don't know FOR SURE that this lady called on you and I doubt cps will say who called.
MommyofThree 07:49 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I don't think there is anything you can do about it because you don't know FOR SURE that this lady called on you and I doubt cps will say who called.
nope I know for sure!!!
MamaBear 07:54 AM 10-05-2011
If you have nothing to hide, then I would just let them in and check everything out. I'm not sure if CPS is like Licensing - but if you dont let Licensing in your home (in California) and they believe there are children in your home at the time, they will call the police themselves. If I were you I would try to clear up the situation with CPS and then they will most likely leave you alone.
MommyofThree 08:23 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
If you have nothing to hide, then I would just let them in and check everything out. I'm not sure if CPS is like Licensing - but if you dont let Licensing in your home (in California) and they believe there are children in your home at the time, they will call the police themselves. If I were you I would try to clear up the situation with CPS and then they will most likely leave you alone.
CPS has giggled at all the allegations. I of course let cps in. cps is wonderful to me because they see that im a great mommy but its the childcare people women who calls cps because I wouldnt let them in. lol. That is really unstable of her. The allegations are fauls so All I want to know is there something I can do. Oh and no they cant call cops to enter my home with out properable . They have nothing on me. I watch the amount of kids that im allowed.
MamaBear 08:25 AM 10-05-2011
I've never dealt with CPS, so I dont know how to deal with all that.
Crystal 08:25 AM 10-05-2011
What authority does the child care counsel have?

What state are you in?
Springdaze 08:28 AM 10-05-2011
Its just weird. so if you dont let her in, CPS shouldnt even bother with it because how can she say anything if she didnt even see you or the kids. I would be about 5 pounds because I wouldnt be able to eat for being so stressed with all that!!!!
MommyofThree 11:53 AM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by chellenj:
Its just weird. so if you dont let her in, CPS shouldnt even bother with it because how can she say anything if she didnt even see you or the kids. I would be about 5 pounds because I wouldnt be able to eat for being so stressed with all that!!!!
thank you thats how I feel:{ Well I only answered the door. I stated to her that I only have three children in my home and your not welcome to come in after the last time you called cps on me and she said thats fine and left. I live in NY state if that helps.
Crystal 12:04 PM 10-05-2011
Melissa, are you required to be licensed? WHY does this woman insist that you have to let her in? My understanding is that she is from the Child Care Council, is that correct? If so, what authority does she have? I have never heard of the CC Council having any authority. It's wierd that she would insist on being allowed in!
Unregistered 12:46 PM 10-05-2011
In some parts of NYS the Child Care Councils are the licensors/registrars for day care. In NYS you can only have 2 children without being licensed.
sharlan 01:46 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
AND, they will call the police while they are standing there. GF refused to answer the door because she thought it was Jehova's Witnesses at the door. She was quite shocked to hear the police banging at her door.
Crystal 01:55 PM 10-05-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In some parts of NYS the Child Care Councils are the licensors/registrars for day care. In NYS you can only have 2 children without being licensed.
Okay...this might explain it. If this is the case, then it is similiar to here in Cali that you are required to allow them in if they show ID. If you don't then they have the obligation to report it.
MommyofThree 05:55 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
That is true unless they are related to you then you can have 8.
MommyofThree 05:57 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
AND, they will call the police while they are standing there. GF refused to answer the door because she thought it was Jehova's Witnesses at the door. She was quite shocked to hear the police banging at her door.
will they even if your not register?
MommyofThree 05:59 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Okay...this might explain it. If this is the case, then it is similiar to here in Cali that you are required to allow them in if they show ID. If you don't then they have the obligation to report it.
report what? the allegation to cps was that I was unstable that was a faulse statement. I open the door and answered what they wanted to know.
Cat Herder 06:08 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
report what? the allegation to cps was that I was unstable that was a faulse statement. I open the door and answered what they wanted to know.
Most likely you are required to let them in. I know I was even before I was registered. It sounds that by not allowing her to do her job, you gave her the impression you were unstable.

Are you related to every child in your care for pay?
Crystal 06:47 AM 10-06-2011
eport that you wouldn't allow them in. when that happens, they automatically assume you are hiding something. In Cali. I could be shut down for not letting them in.
MommyofThree 07:46 AM 10-06-2011
ecause you dont let them in doesnt make u unstable. I didnt because after I let her in a year ago she did the same thing and called on me so she is doing this to others as well. I know two other people she done this too:{
Crystal 07:48 AM 10-06-2011
Oh, I agree that it doesn't make you unstable. It just makes them suspicious.
Crystal 07:51 AM 10-06-2011
So, I went back and read some of your previous posts and read that you had 6 children in care, besides your own 3, and it sounds like they are non-related. Is that accurate?
Unregistered 08:15 AM 10-06-2011
Hi I need advise on this. Someone called the childcare people on me for having 8-10 children {im not resister} but I dont. That is not my complsint. I have nothing to hide. well this same lady came a year ago and right after cps showed a day later. I knew it was childcare lady. Well two days ago same lady shows and I rufuse to let her in and called her out on it. She left and next day again cps is at my door. allegation is that im unstable. lol. The cps worker was very kind and seen nothing wrong with me. Is there away I can get an order of protection to have them not cps the childcare people stay away from me???? I just think its now harrassment and im so sick of it. what can I do as a person in the comuinity to have a say against people who take advantage of their position???? I called the childcare counsil last night and said if they show up again I will call the cops, but will the cops be on my side:{ thanks .

Once you register or are licensed you give permission for home visits. For other daycares, it's much more difficult to enter ones home unless by court order. Though I think you did the right thing, and I would have explained in no uncertain terms that you have a stalker or nut that is making false complaints for reasons only you probably know. Past client?

Since you know who this person is I would pull no punches, I would immediately go to a legal service and have them (low cost) draft a letter to this person stating that if the harassment doesn't stop you will seek legal action in a court of law whereby they will incur all legal costs. They will send it by certified letter. I myself did that, and never heard from the person again.
Crystal 08:35 AM 10-06-2011
The understanding is though that the child care council has authority to enter the home of child care programs, registered or not. refusal to allow them in is reportable as they think she may be "hiding" something.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 10-26-2011
So how did this turn out?
Tags:access, drama, laws, ratios, state requirement
Reply Up