Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Lie About How Many Kids You Have?
BumbleBee 02:36 PM 08-31-2012
Got a call this morning for child care . Says she needs care for 6yo & 4yo-before school.

Set up interview for 3 pm today. She arrives with 4 children in tow, ages 10, 8, 6 & 4.

She tells me that she actually needs before school care for all 4 of them.

Why lie about how many kids you need care for??? Not to mention the giant red flag of lying to a potential care provider.
daycare 02:46 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Got a call this morning for child care . Says she needs care for 6yo & 4yo-before school.

Set up interview for 3 pm today. She arrives with 4 children in tow, ages 10, 8, 6 & 4.

She tells me that she actually needs before school care for all 4 of them.

Why lie about how many kids you need care for??? Not to mention the giant red flag of lying to a potential care provider.
trying to see the positive side of this maybe her intention were to only have the 4 and 6 year old go to you and the thought about it and changed her mind...

I had this happen to me...family said one kid and then showed up with two. the older kid was already in a preschool else where. but on the way over to my house they thought that if the liked me it would not hurt to ask...I still have these kiddos
BumbleBee 05:32 PM 08-31-2012
Yeah, very true. Could've been that.
familyschoolcare 07:18 AM 09-04-2012
that or she was having troubles getting an interview for 4 children I only take 6 cildern and would only take 4 from the same family if in the contract was written a 4 week notice and I took a 4 week deposite that 2/3 of my income from 1 family
Mommy2One 11:01 AM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
trying to see the positive side of this maybe her intention were to only have the 4 and 6 year old go to you and the thought about it and changed her mind...
I agree - all sorts of conversations/arrangements/etc. could have changed between when she initially called you this morning and when she met with you this afternoon. Maybe her husband said he wanted the kids all in one place, maybe a relative or friend was going to care for the older two then changed their mind when they found out she had an interview for the younger ones, maybe the kids fussed about staying together, maybe she mapped your exact location and realized two different drop-offs weren't feasible.

That being said, it would have been more polite to call you before the interview time and ask you about it, rather than just show up with twice as many kids as planned.
melissa ann 06:37 PM 09-05-2012
I think it was rude. Since we can only have so many kids, who knows if there would be room for all 4 kids. If there wasn't enough room for all 4 kids, the mother would have wasted her time as well as the provider's.
jojosmommy 06:57 PM 09-05-2012
I bet her plans just changed. Maybe she just wants to keep them together.

I see this was a few days ago. How did it go?
BumbleBee 07:04 PM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I bet her plans just changed. Maybe she just wants to keep them together.

I see this was a few days ago. How did it go?
She didn't enroll any of them. Cost was to high.
daycare 08:49 PM 09-05-2012
honestly, I would look at her not enrolling a good thing...if that family came, that would be more than half of your income gone when they left. Leaving you with a DRASTIC change in your income.

I never take more than two from one family. But that is just me
BumbleBee 08:56 PM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
honestly, I would look at her not enrolling a good thing...if that family came, that would be more than half of your income gone when they left. Leaving you with a DRASTIC change in your income.

I never take more than two from one family. But that is just me
Yeah, I agree-over half the income gone if she pulled later on. Not sure I would've taken her after some other red flags turned up. They will come with time.
Tags:lying, parents
Reply Up