Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrating!
cheerfuldom 02:38 PM 06-25-2012
Been advertising for new kids....

getting kids that need to be dropped of really early, an hour or more before any other kid arrives.

got one interested parent who wanted to start the week that my own infant is due....and the child was also a newborn. definitely NOT interested in two newborns at the same time!

getting people wanting for me to hold a spot till next Jan! also not going to happen.

VERY frustrating!

I did have an interview end of last week and I thought it went okay but havent heard from the family yet. The mom only asked things about me personally.....nothing about what her daughter would be doing during the day or anything pertaining to her daughters care or needs. I thought that was weird....she asked me in a slightly rude way "do you even like kids?"

what is that supposed to mean? i better like kids, I have three kids and take care of other peoples kids all day! anyway, what idiot would say "no I dont like kids but can you pay me to take care of your kids?"
Mom&Provider 02:42 PM 06-25-2012
That's so tough! Would it be possible to ask the parents who want the spot held to pay a min. every week (non-refundable) to hold the spot? I know you want someone now, but if it's looking like it might be a couple months anyway, maybe that would be an option!
cheerfuldom 03:34 PM 06-25-2012
Holding fees are virtually unheard of here...plus I would rather fill them asap and get the full payment instead of a small partial payment for months. But thanks for the post anyway! Its just not the norm here for our area. Even deposits and other enrollment fees are pretty uncommon.
Tags:holding spot, holding spot - fee, interview - from hell, rude
Reply Up