Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT: Football Widows??
Lucy 01:07 PM 01-19-2014
So... 7ish hours of football today. Is anyone else a widow like me?

I told my husband I wanted the Broncos and Seahawks to go to the Super Bowl because I think their orange, and blue/green outfits would look really good together. He just looked at me like I had 3 heads.
melilley 03:09 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
So... 7ish hours of football today. Is anyone else a widow like me?

I told my husband I wanted the Broncos and Seahawks to go to the Super Bowl because I think their orange, and blue/green outfits would look really good together. He just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

At first I thought your title said "football windows"...I was wondering.

Luckily my dh doesn't like football or I would go crazy! He likes hockey, which I don't mind, but he works really early in the morning so records most of the games so if I don't feel like watching it, I don't have to.
lovemykidstoo 03:44 PM 01-19-2014
I absolutely love football!!! I could watch it all day. Oh wait, I have!!! So glad that my boyfriend Peyton Manning won today!!
Annalee 04:35 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I absolutely love football!!! I could watch it all day. Oh wait, I have!!! So glad that my boyfriend Peyton Manning won today!!
I am more of a college sports fan when it comes to watching it all day long, but I do love watching Peyton Manning......He made our state proud when he wore the orange of Tennessee....Now, I am yelling, Go Broncos!
daycarediva 07:16 PM 01-19-2014
I love football, always have. I like the seahawks colors, too. Hope they beat Dever!
butterfly 07:16 PM 01-19-2014
I'm a football widow too.
Michelle 06:39 AM 01-20-2014
My friends and I are planning another anti-superbowl party
We are getting our nails done, shopping and then riding out the rest of the day doing lunch and then more shopping.
I hate football but love baseball.
All of the hubbies will be at my sil's house who loves football and will feed them appropriately

spud912 07:30 AM 01-20-2014
I'm normally a Packers fan but Broncos would be my third favorite team, so I'm rooting for them. I can't stand the Seahawks and their attitude! Did you see Sherman's interview after their win last night? Gah....what a stand up guy . I can't wait for "the best quarterback" to sink into a hole of despair when he loses to Manning .
AmyLeigh 08:20 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
I'm normally a Packers fan but Broncos would be my third favorite team, so I'm rooting for them. I can't stand the Seahawks and their attitude! Did you see Sherman's interview after their win last night? Gah....what a stand up guy . I can't wait for "the best quarterback" to sink into a hole of despair when he loses to Manning .
Ugh. I totally agree with about Sherman. I hope he will have to eat his words. That was a great play at the end of the game, but really? Long time San Francisco supporter here, so now I will have to root for Denver.
"There's always next year.". Lol.
Happily_wed 08:30 AM 01-20-2014
My husband doesn't watch football. I am just a tv widow period. That's all he does when he is home. Sit in the recliner and watch tv. He will take out the trash when needed and he will cut/haul firewood when needed. Other than that it's tv. From the second he gets up until he goes to bed. He is currently engrossed in a Gilligan's Island marathon. I get so tired of the tv being on all the time!
Lucy 10:03 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
Cornerback. And it was a little bit much, I agree. But he had tried to shake the guy's hand (Crabtree's) and Crabtree shoved his helmet.

Professional athletes are out of hand and it's sad, but I wouldn't single this guy out. He doesn't represent the team as a whole.

The Seattle fans are so incredibly awesome and supportive of their team. The whole 12th man thing. And they have the world's record for loudest stadium. I live a couple hours away, and my step-daughter and her husband live in Seattle. They have gone to games and said it is deafening in there. You can't even talk to someone right next to you. Louder than any rock concert. They set off earthquake detectors!

Anyway, just saying I wouldn't hold ONE player's comments against the team. He was justifiably mad, in my opinion. And the incident had literally JUST happened when the reporter caught him for the interview.
spud912 12:49 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Cornerback. And it was a little bit much, I agree. But he had tried to shake the guy's hand (Crabtree's) and Crabtree shoved his helmet.

Professional athletes are out of hand and it's sad, but I wouldn't single this guy out. He doesn't represent the team as a whole.

The Seattle fans are so incredibly awesome and supportive of their team. The whole 12th man thing. And they have the world's record for loudest stadium. I live a couple hours away, and my step-daughter and her husband live in Seattle. They have gone to games and said it is deafening in there. You can't even talk to someone right next to you. Louder than any rock concert. They set off earthquake detectors!

Anyway, just saying I wouldn't hold ONE player's comments against the team. He was justifiably mad, in my opinion. And the incident had literally JUST happened when the reporter caught him for the interview.
Ooops, cornerback . Gosh, my football "knowledge" is not the best . Nevertheless, regardless of what just happened to him, these players need to be taught how to hold their composure and act like professionals. One player's poor actions can tarnish the whole team's repertoire.

I really don't like the 49'ers either. I didn't care who won that game, as long as the Broncos beat them next week. Yes, my dh is really into football and he told me about that stadium being so loud. I mean, you can hear it on tv !
Reply Up