Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Discussing other dck's schedules with dcp
Indoorvoice 10:18 AM 04-21-2015
The teacher I asked about earlier this week wants to know what the other teacher family is doing for their summer schedule. Is this something I shouldn't disclose? I thought if maybe I told her the other teacher is following my policy, she would stop fighting me on it, but it's really none of her business. What's a nice way to tell her she doesn't need to know that?
nanglgrl 10:31 AM 04-21-2015
Maybe says one thing like: due to privacy reasons I can't discuss another familys schedule with you but what I can say is that all of my spots are secured for fall, except yours of course. Idk, it might come across as rude but I tend to gravitate that direction when a client is being a pain.
finsup 11:13 AM 04-21-2015
"They have a plan worked out, I however cannot go into more detail then that, due to privacy. I'm sure you understand. Do you have any questions related to summer care for your child(ten) that I could answer?" Something like that is what I would say
Blackcat31 11:57 AM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
The teacher I asked about earlier this week wants to know what the other teacher family is doing for their summer schedule. Is this something I shouldn't disclose? I thought if maybe I told her the other teacher is following my policy, she would stop fighting me on it, but it's really none of her business. What's a nice way to tell her she doesn't need to know that?
Yeah, I don't see why anyone else's plans have to do with hers?

I would just say something like "I'm sorry but I am not at liberty to discuss other people's contracts with you. I am sure you understand"

OOOOORRRRRR

If you are feeling it, say "Well they plan on keeping their child home all summer so I can get a break but they are paying me double their normal rate because they love me so much and feel I deserve the double pay for everything I do"
Leigh 01:27 PM 04-21-2015
I'd just say "I follow my policies with all of my clients. The other family is within my written policy".
Angelsj 01:42 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yeah, I don't see why anyone else's plans have to do with hers?

I would just say something like "I'm sorry but I am not at liberty to discuss other people's contracts with you. I am sure you understand"

OOOOORRRRRR

If you are feeling it, say "Well they plan on keeping their child home all summer so I can get a break but they are paying me double their normal rate because they love me so much and feel I deserve the double pay for everything I do"
I vote for the latter!
Reply Up