Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Only in Florida.......
Sugar Magnolia 12:07 PM 12-19-2013
.....can you be running the air.conditioner and the heater AT THE SAME TIME! We often have to run the heat in the morning and the air in the afternoon, that is not unusual. It.was super cold last night (55) and now warmed up to 80. Well,.the part of my center that is shaded all day......65 degrees. Brrr. The sunroom, with bright sun and lots of glass....80 degrees. So the heater is running to warm the cold room, and the window air.conditioner is also running in the sunroom. Ahhhhh winter in the Sunshine State.
SquirrellyMama 12:18 PM 12-19-2013
It is funny how different we are around this country. I have windows open at night when it is 55 degrees My heat is set so our house is 65 degrees during the day. I imagine we run our air conditioner before you would consider it, though. I usually have it on if it is warmer than 77 in the house. I love to be outdoors in that temp but not inside.

We often have the heat/air combo in the spring when it is 40ish at night and 80ish during the day.

Kelly
melilley 12:25 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
It is funny how different we are around this country. I have windows open at night when it is 55 degrees My heat is set so our house is 65 degrees during the day. I imagine we run our air conditioner before you would consider it, though. I usually have it on if it is warmer than 77 in the house. I love to be outdoors in that temp but not inside.

We often have the heat/air combo in the spring when it is 40ish at night and 80ish during the day.

Kelly
So true, but I would die if my house was 55 or 65..lol
It has to be at least 70 for me to feel comfortable, but even that is kind of chilly for me! I set our heat at 73 during the day and am fairly comfortable and at night we turn it down to 70 and when I get up I'm freezing!
SquirrellyMama 12:35 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
So true, but I would die if my house was 55 or 65..lol
It has to be at least 70 for me to feel comfortable, but even that is kind of chilly for me! I set our heat at 73 during the day and am fairly comfortable and at night we turn it down to 70 and when I get up I'm freezing!
I thought she meant it was 55 outside temp. We let the house get to 58 degrees one night before turning on the heat this fall. That was the worst night of sleep in a long time.

I think I'd be too hot if it was 70 in the house at night. I usually turn it to 70 for an hour before bed and an hour before I get up in the morning.

Kelly
countrymom 01:58 PM 12-19-2013
um no, that ontario, you never know what the weather will be.
Leanna 02:19 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
.....can you be running the air.conditioner and the heater AT THE SAME TIME! We often have to run the heat in the morning and the air in the afternoon, that is not unusual. It.was super cold last night (55) and now warmed up to 80. Well,.the part of my center that is shaded all day......65 degrees. Brrr. The sunroom, with bright sun and lots of glass....80 degrees. So the heater is running to warm the cold room, and the window air.conditioner is also running in the sunroom. Ahhhhh winter in the Sunshine State.
Hahahahaha....55 is warm! I would be out with a short sleeved shirt and flip flops! It is so funny the differences in different parts of the country!
Sugar Magnolia 03:03 PM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:

Kelly
I generally keep the air set on "Arctic" It runs 24/7 April to November. December to March, it gets to automatically shut off at night. My regular house (not my center) doesn't even have a reliably working heater. But my center is over 100 years old, so heat in the morning-ac in the afternoon is pretty normal, even in the depths of "winter" (better known
as the dry season, or tourist season)
Tags:florida, funny
Reply Up