Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annoyed-Parents Not Answering Direct Questions During The Intro Stage...
aDCProvider 01:13 PM 07-01-2014
I always make sur to get as much info about a family's schedule during the initial email exchange to ensure I'm not going to waste my time with a tour if they need days I don't offer.

Consistently, I have parents who must not read my email because when I ask directly 3 separate times what days and hours do you need care and they still don't answer me, it gets really annoying! And this happens with a lot of potential clients.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Heidi 01:44 PM 07-01-2014
Yes, but it was a craigslist scam. I dont' really email though. I just have them call me. Although my email is on my website, I've never had anyone legit email me for childcare.
cheerfuldom 02:12 PM 07-01-2014
It could be a scam. It could be parents that don't want to commit to anything, they want flexibility and want to see what you will offer first. It could be people that have horrendous communication skills (I have worked with a few people like that!). It could be rude people that just assume they are interviewing you and you don't have a right to ask them questions.
NeedaVaca 02:38 PM 07-01-2014
Usually the first thing they ask me is my rate, my reply is I would be happy to give you my rate but need to know the hours and days you need care in order to do so...worded a little nicer but I always get the answer
GKJNIGMN 02:42 PM 07-01-2014
I sometimes get that from people who know they are looking for hours I probably don't offer because nobody wants to accommodate them (weekends, 2nd shift, etc.)
MarinaVanessa 02:48 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Usually the first thing they ask me is my rate, my reply is I would be happy to give you my rate but need to know the hours and days you need care in order to do so...worded a little nicer but I always get the answer

If they answered every other question I had except the schedule question and then asked more questions then I would email back and deliberately not answer any of their new questions and simply ask for their schedule again.

I am also not apposed to being blunt and telling someone "I need to know what days and hours you need to make sure that I can accommodate your needs and not waste your time" and really what I mean by "not waste your time" is "npt waste MY time"
SunshineMama 03:02 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
This is what I do as well.
coolconfidentme 03:55 PM 07-01-2014
I usually cut to the chase. If they ask about my hours I reply something like, "I currently have openings for PT on ___ @ $___ per day & FT between the hours of ___&___ @ $____ per week. Both are not to exceed 9 hrs per day & for 2+ years of age."
Reply Up